Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1950 Ford Shoebox Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sevenevez, Oct 27, 2010.

1. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

2. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

You're friggin' killing me with these pics !! Killing me in a GOOD way , lol !

3. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

hahaha, Buddy did you ever get yours running yet? and Happy New Year

4. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I'm workin' on it , slowly but surely . Poly fuel tank is in , lines run , tranny lines are run & hooked up , rad stuff is fabbed-up & installed ... gettin' there . I still have to install my new wiring harness , get a rebuild kit for the ol' Holley & get an exhaust on & it should be able to fire up & roll around on it's own . Still loads to do :( .

Happy new year back at ya , friend .

5. tenspeedr

tenspeedr

Hey man lookin good. I see your under the hood shots that the pieces funneling air back to and thru the firewall are gone. Mine are still under the hood, but not the last piece all the way to the firewall, and then I'm guessing there ought to be lovers and one can open and close to permit fresh air into the cab. Yours not having these, are you finding it to be of any negative consequense? I'd like to remove mine as has been done on yours but been wondering if it;s the right thing to do. Again, nice score

6. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

hmm, do you have a pic of yours so i can see? my windows are my AC and they are also my heater haha

7. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

Do you have any pictures of your front inner fender setup? I was looking at mine the other day and there's no way I can run the factory ones with my static drop.

8. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

not many of my vehicles ever end up having much of a inner fender left when i am done bringing them down to earth. haha, same with mufflers. SAWZALL!!!

i will try to take a pic or two tonight.

9. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I know the feeling. Most of mine have been the same way. No room for them on a bagged/bodied vehicle

10. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

here ya go man. not sure if this helps you at all. mine is a lil hacked. was no easy process fabbing headers and being bagged on mine. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

I really need to spend some more time with my 50. I swear all i do is work. Took her out for a ride and saw that a fuel line was slightly leaking up front and tightened her up. I really need to deal with my Muncie issue. Or just switch to a better solution. and not to mention Better rearend/gears. And need to put my Steering Rebuild Kit in! I bought the kit in Feb of 2012 haha, 2 years? what is my problem.

12. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

My shift boot was beginning to look really torn up

[​IMG]

So i busted out the sewing machine. Had to make one for some people in the Lexus Club too anyways

[​IMG]

Installed

[​IMG]

Stitched up a quick little Skirt for my girl too :)

[​IMG]

Took her for a run around the block

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cooon likes this.
  13. daddio211

daddio211

14. big creep

big creep

15. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

16. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Nice ride. I love the choice of wheels.

17. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

thanks man!

18. mdhotrodder

mdhotrodder
    from coloroado

car looks great!..looking at an 1950 tudor sedan myself as well!....any ideas on how wide an tire I can run?(its going to be an moonshine car replica) so need wide whitewall radial rubber so it does well in corners as well as straight aways as well! again..car looks awesome!

19. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

mine are bias G78's. You may want American Classic radials, Here is a link to the product page on the Coker website to give you an idea of what they look like and a bit more info.
    http://www.cokertire.com/p235-55r17-american-classic-1-3-4-whitewall-tire.html

Same ones they used on the "Street Rodder Tour '51"

20. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

Hey man, just read back through your whole thread again (yeah, yeah, I coulda spent that time in the garage making some progress on my damned car...). Your car's got me thinking about possibly bagging mine, but I don't want to notch the frame. I like the idea of having control of the ride height. I've got a few questions for you:

I didn't see whether you notched the frame - looks like not?

It looks like you had to notch the crossmember to clear the driveshaft?

Did you ever get any pics of your front airbag setup? Any pics of the trunk/air setup?

What kit did you use for your 4-link?

Thanks!

21. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

wow, i guess i haven't been here for awhile. looks completely different in the forum here.
    yeah i think i just posted some front pics up a few more posts above you here. ? and yes crossmember was notched and tunnel for the driveshaft to clear. the pan hard bar link setup was custom by my buddy Kevin at Just Plain Trick. i guess it depends just how low you want to go as far as how much alteration has to be done. im sure if you read through the thread you saw what a pain in the axx it was to get the headers to clear. was probably the hardest part of the whole build to me.

22. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

I see the inner fender pics, but none of your front suspension.

My car will have a 302, with Mustang shorty headers there's no real clearance issues.

23. daddio211

daddio211

Except for that pesky oil pan.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

Nope, stock Fox Mustang pan fits fine.

daddio211 likes this.
  25. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

26. Slopok

Slopok

That is a Cool picture. Love it!

27. daddio211

daddio211

You should really show us some of your cool GoPro tools you use to take your pics, man!

28. greaser 35

greaser 35
    from FRANCE

29. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Thank guys, i appreciate it. and daddio211 heres a breakdown of all the GoPro stuff/adapters my dad invented and patented and what not

studeboy and daddio211 like this.
  30. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

First off, i Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.
    Sold my Tahoe and my Lexus is on a Flat tire so i been rolling around in the '50 lately. I have to ask myself why i don't drive this thing more often. She is running really good. Just fixed a leaky Fuel Line and put a Heat Shield on my Starter. When i start her up and she is cold, she fires right up. But once she's warm she doesnt have the power or juice to like turn over most of the time. I thought it was a heat issue. Maybe i just need a high-performance starter? The Heat Shield was only like $20 :)

couple pics the other day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

daddio211 likes this.