Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion, 2014!!! May 16 and 17, Union S.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 4, 2014.

1. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I'm not going to get enthusiasitc and say I'll be there this time--because everytime I do that I end up having to work. But it's good to know ;-)

2. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

3. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Going throw a little blues at you this year. Here is a video of Husky Burnette who is set to play for you at 8 pm on Friday night.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wF9DMjvI_f0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  4. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Straight 8s will be ripping it up at 5 pm on Saturday!

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e_s-4s8RqVY" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

5. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Jane Rose and The Dead End Boys will be back this year at 8 pm on Saturday!

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kJOQ4zCEaAM" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

6. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Oh yeah, come Saturday night at 9 pm will be The Hooten Hallers!

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X32nogZZTFo" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I am digging the blues band for Friday. Can't wait...... Curtis you guys know how to throw a cool event.

I've said that playing the blues is like having to be black twice. Stevie Ray Vaughan missed on both counts, but I never noticed.
    B. B. King

8. Hell yeah it's going to be a bad ass show

9. Jaybird60

Jaybird60

I'll be pitching my tent at this one for sure!!!

10. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

^^^^^^ not near me........your not

11. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

12. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

HELL YEAH....this is music right here!!!:)

13. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

Got to try and make it down for this and then save money to hit our area show meltdown drags!!! 2014 looks like its gonna' be awesome!!!:D

14. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Hope you make it down!

15. Look forward to heading up to Union with the local crew. With any luck I'll be driving the wagon. Out of all the Southeast events, this seems to be THE one not to miss! Hope to make it.

16. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Here's a good video that shows how to take the modern letters off of the tires. I thought it would fit in good here since Steel in motion is trying to keep everything old school. <iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q3viKHbe7bg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  17. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Thanks Quain! The tire often and unfortunately gets overlooked by individuals building an old school car. I used to take the white letters off ET Streets I ran several years ago on another car I had. That was the 1st thing I would do before getting on the road.

18. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

19. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

You have 5 months to beg, borrow, or steel a hall pass. Be there or be square.

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Dang, I've never been to this one and since following he rebuilding of Gene's car this one would be nice after a hard Michigan winter.

Frank

21. Hay any body bring their minibikes I would like to see a good turn out for them I hope we can still bring then

22. Getting the slicks ready!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. stick6coupe

stick6coupe

My sleeping bag is still in the trunk of the coupe from last year. Thats as ready as I need to be!

24. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Gene's car can only be truly appreciated if you see it in person. It is outstanding. Hope you make it down and stay warm until then!

25. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

We hope to see an anbundance of old school mini-bikes as well.

This brings up a question... Many of the mini-bikes get ridden during the show but are hard to see and find with them sitting behind cars and such. Would you guys rather see a mini-bike corrall to show off the mini-bikes?

26. a mini bike corral would be cool!!!

27. That would be like cat herding right

28. Here kitty kitty, That would be cool buy still want to lock it up at night.

29. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

SIM is definately is not a trophy show but we do have a few we give away and we do give one to a mini bike owner. I guess my thinking was to have a mini-bike corral on Saturday only, for those that want to be eligible for the trophy. This would give spectators an avenue to look at multiple makes and styles of mini-bikes at one time versus seeing them sprinkled about over 30 acres. We would put the corral near the Geargoyles set up so we could keep an eye on them through out the day and the owners could take them back to their campsite or area at the end of the day. Thoughts???

30. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

I havent had mine at the show since 2011 but will have it with me this year. I hope to have another built before ths show as well.

[​IMG]