Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. David Doo

David Doo

If your reading this it means your into the same stuff we are. Bad ass old cars that not only look good, but sound good and have plenty of power. Long smokey burnouts and the smell of Nitro in the air. You’ve found your home. We love 60′s cars and racing.

New for 2014, The Meltdown Drags will be 3 days, Friday Saturday and Sunday! July 18, 19 & 20, 2014!! This is our 5th year. Mark your calendar and take vacation from work! You don’t want to miss this one! Swap meet and car show will be all 3 days. The beauty of the car show is you can drive your car in and park right up front next to the track! And you next to the swapmeet!

All cars that will be raced must meet event criteria and must pre-register.

It is time to get things rolling. It is January 9th and there are approx. 150 cars pre-registered. Don't put it off. Sign up now, it is free!

The local hotels are filling up fast. Book your room now! Primitive camping at the track is free. There is one shower in each restroom.

Cost: $30/day to race $15/day to car show, spectate, swap

Click for a link to google maps.
    Byron Dragway
    7287 North River Road
    Byron, IL 61010
    (815) 234-8405

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  2. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Bringing a new 57 gasser from the Famoso Speed Shop for his event. I have my hotel, just need to pick my match race now!

Attached Files:

3. cs39ford

cs39ford

Will plan to be there on sat. Will drive this old gasser up for show (Aggravation TOO) Legit car from 1967-68 Just picked it up 3 weeks ago Can have nice display got old framed 1/8 mile records and trophys, news paper clippings of car in its day See you there

Attached Files:

4. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

Are you going to race it?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. cs39ford

cs39ford

At this time no, Need to tech it out and need to just drive it a while, Just a toy right now, But its the real car from the 1960s Was just way to cool to leave it in the other guys garage

6. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

Jus' plain COOL!!!:D

7. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

That's a cool looking '57. If you're wanting a match race, let's pair up our cars. Last year, every car I ran against was alot slower.
    You look like you'd give me a good race.

8. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

John-

I remember your car from last year and it would be a blast. I have my eye on a metallic orange 55 to match race as well.

9. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Does anybody know who's car this is?

I remember it from last year's Meltdown and I thought he put on a pretty good show.

I want to put on a show at the Meltdown in 2014 by "Okie Doking" this little small block 55....

It's about time to meet the Famoso Mob!

Attached Files:

10. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Thats Eric's car Falfasnightmare on here. He is one of the main guys who runs the Meltdown.

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    VINTAGE DRAG MEET
    JULY 18,19,20 2014

11. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Thank you II Funny.

Maybe he can change his name from Falfasnightmare to Famosogivesmenightmares!

12. Saxxon

Saxxon

Meltdown 2014 is shaping up to being even more epic...if that's possible

• 3 Day event with racing Friday
    • Trash talking between gassers guys (Eric...you've officially been called out)
    • A/FX and altered wheelbase guys starting to pair up - Might fill a full staging lane. (Cool)
    • 2 gasser groups match racing
    • Quain Stott say he's coming back and bringing 5 other cars (6 in total)
    • 130+ cars pre-registered
    • New cars coming out of the garages
      and some old favorites coming back

And it's only January !!

13. Hey Captain Famosa, Before you can call out another guy to race you better make sure that your pre-registered, I have a ton of 57's on the list but I don't see yours unless I missed the email. In case you did not know, here is the info below.

If you want a fair match race you should probably pick a different car to call out. Koop builds a pretty mean 301. I see you have a non fast 327 as you posted in another thread. Be careful. If you are looking for a close match race give us a e.t and we will look for a slower car for you to help you win :eek:

PRE-REGISTER

All cars that will be racing must meet event criteria and must be pre-registered. If you want to be in the car show only and not race, you do not need to pre-register. We are taking pre-registrations now. Once approved you will receive a confirmation email with your number that you need to bring to the gate the day of the race. This number gets you in. We have a few free Saturday entries and a free event shirt and a few other goodies that we will randomly give out to a few of the lucky racers. Don’t worry, you will know if it is you.
    Pre-registration is free to do. Simply send an email to:
    [email protected] with the following information:
    Name:
    Address:
    Phone number:
    Car year, make, model & color:
    PICTURE: we need a picture or two of how your car will look on race day including wheels.
    This information is for our own use and will not be given to anyone else or sold. We need it to plan the event, send out information, and to be able to identify cars and owners for giveaways, magazines articles and just so we can say hi to you.
    Cost to race $30.00 per day, Spectators and car show entries are $15.00 per day

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  14. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

Okie Doker-

Why don't you register for the event before you start talking....if you think you can beat his orange 55 then you should step up to take on the gold one. Those Koopmeiners and sons have a tendency to make the guys with the big mouths suddenly rather quiet.

15. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

...lol! Getting good 6 mo early...lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

My 34 Chevy won't be done in time, so I'll be running my 55 again. Only turns low 14's, but it has history going back to 1968. Already pre-registered.

Attached Files:

17. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

301? Isn't that a Pontiac motor?

I will be registering later tonight.

Btw, where is the Famosogivesmenightmares anyway? Is he trying to find a few more cubic inches?

Oh and InlawModelA... I know that public schools in Wisconsin are not the best, but it is Famoso!

18. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Here I am Mr California.....

Famoso Mob...well say hello to the MDA....
    Requirments to race....
    No sandles or flip flops, cut your sufer hair do, and be prepared for what the back of a 55 chevy looks like....all day long!

Whats in this 57?

19. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Apparently Famoso doesn't know his Pontiac motors or what he might be going up against!!!

20. powrshftr

powrshftr

Torkwrench:
    I love that 55 of yours!Im entered with a car that has never been down the track yet,but I'm guessing it will run pretty close times to yours.
    We should line up once or twice and see what happens!:)

Scott

21. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

falfa-

If you have to ask what's in the 57, that means that you probably can't handle it.

I will cut the surfer hair and grow a mullet to try and fit in.

22. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

someone say mullit....?

Attached Files:

23. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

California....Dreamin.
    Well as long as that thing is not on a Blue Baby bottle....we may have to just wait and see about that....if your car is as fast as your mouth...then it will be a good race. I didnt think you Cali boys came this far inland.

24. Hokie Pokie:

Just a quick FYI - your mullet better be '66 or earlier vintage otherwise I won't let it in the gate.

25. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

LOL! got it covered! even have some white patten leather shoes!

26. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Zettel - sorry for offending you. Didn't know their were many Pontiac guys left.

Dodge boy- do they let dodge's in the gate? Dodgeboy? It takes a man to run with the Famoso Mob!

Falfa-

No blue bottle here, just old school California gasser. I am ready to Okie Doke you anytime.

27. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

28. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Thanks for the complement, Scott. I agree, we'll have to line up and see what happens. What kind of car will you be running? Any pics?

John.

29. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's where things get kinda sticky John.....the car is "Meltdown Friendly",but not HAMB friendly,so I don't really wanna post pics of it.
    Pm me your email address and I can send you a few photos of it though.

Scott

30. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

No offense taken. Still some Pontiac boys in this part of the woods.