Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Christine 64' Chevorlet c10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McCrack3n, Jan 10, 2014.

1. McCrack3n

McCrack3n

Hey y'all ,

My names Aden, This is my First Truck at 18. 1964' Chevorlet custom 10 its the Big back window Mostly Original. Has Dealer installed A/c a target master 350/thb350. It has Perfect Patina! the P/o put a late model 10 bolt 5 lug in the rear and left the front 6 lug drums...I recently Pulled the 10 bolt and got a hold of the correct 12 bolt 6 lug axle other then that shes pretty Original. What do y'all think ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. i like it...except you need to lower it , and maybe lose that grille guard

3. McCrack3n

McCrack3n

im plannin on Accuair E-Leveler , Ive kept the Guard cause its an original Smash hit Solid grill guard and there Hard to find haha .

4. weren't they all big back window by this time?

5. McCrack3n

McCrack3n

No big back window came into standard plan in 1968' before it was a Special order option. I love bein able to see behind me haha

6. When I drive my 53 3 window, I forget you cannot look over your left shoulder at all. The new 5 window cab will fix that.

its a long box?

I like it, nice pickup

7. I've resurrected a couple early 60s trucks, love 'em, fun and easy to work on. I always get a kick when I'm shopping for one, whichever back window the one I'm looking at has, it's always 'the rare one'.

8. The 64 - 66's are my favorite body style... The best truck that I ever had was a 65 Chevy shortbed stepside 4x4.
    I had a lowered 63 shortbed and I would advise "Don't lower it"... but it's your truck.

9. McCrack3n

McCrack3n

I Want to do it up as a Kustom haha. im workin on a renderin for it.

10. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

11. McCrack3n

McCrack3n

Yessur its a long fleet, K Thats an Awesome Thread man i looked through it a bit and got he bug!

12. TexasDart

TexasDart

I would drive it as is...get it nice and road worthy before trying to lower it...with air bags. Course it depends on how deep your pocket book is. But it you spend all your money on bags...and then it's not reliable...or doesn't stop well they you might get frustrated with the project. It looks like it's about the right height for a truck. Clean it up put some nice wheels on it or some cool hubcaps and cruise it for a while.

Nice survivor....pretty loaded up for that era of truck. Welcome.

13. McCrack3n

McCrack3n

You know thats a damn good idea bud! Thats what ill do she runs and drives flawless already, Brakes are ok.. But a set of white walls and chrome steelies should do her fine.

14. sir

sir

GREAT FIND!!...got one myself,very cool trucks....

Attached Files:

15. McCrack3n

McCrack3n

I saw your truck on the 67-72 forum the other day and just Love the Color! Love your truck man Looks mean! Thank you!

16. I love old Chevy trucks, especially the '60-'66 ones. Here's one (a '64) I'm currently building:

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. McCrack3n

McCrack3n

I Read the whole build thread on this as well! loved how far its come from the c20 bud Amazing work Slick truck!

18. D-man313

D-man313

I Like it! I have a 64 shortbed im collecting parts for right now. Looking at starting to work on it probably around spring time.

19. TexasDart

TexasDart

Maybe start with a static drop if you have to have it low...

20. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Checkout the (1947 to present chevy truck )board for lots of info

21. krome

krome

Looks great, mine had the same vintage AC unit when I got it 23+ years ago. Wish I still had some of those original parts. I still own it, it was my first ride too. Check out my build at www.1966gmc.com