Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Lizbeths Model T speedster build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by lizbeth, Oct 29, 2013.

1. pumpman

pumpman

Thanks Beth, same to you and Tim. We had a second home here and loved it so much it is now where we live full time. But you have to like the winters around here, we live close to the lake and it's lake affect city from November through March. Just gives me more time to play in the pole barn.

By the way, Tim we need more pics please.

2. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

Lizbeth- Really enjoy your T build, You will enjoy it I am sure. I was reading and came to post 118 and low and behold Fredos Horn is the same exact one my 1927 essex extended cab pick up has. my essex is named tetanus and lace! It sat in a farmers field for 30 years in Kansas, then it sat behind a friends house for another 5 years before she came to my shop. You are doing a great job on your T and your furry friends and Tim! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!Don in N. W. Indiana:D

3. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks for watching. Building this car is a learning experience for me, Tim is the best,He always helps and I learn from his own expreience. Stay warm up north, its cold here today, but I had to look at my car anyhow, kinda adictive. ;).....Beth

4. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

I will get Tim busy on more pic's soon . Today is a single digit day here so......not so much car stuff going on:mad:. My Aunt and Uncle lived on the lake I remember that cold BURR!!!! Again have a good Holiday season...Beth

5. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

I don't remember where I found the horn, in the moving of my stuff out to Tim's he saw it an thought it would be perfect for Fredo, I agree.. I lived in In. when I was very young Angola twice and Freemont once, Dad went to collage in Angola. Happy Holidays to you and thanks for following my thread :)...Beth

6. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Merry Christmas To All... From Beth, Tim, and all the Critters at the Crippled Dog Ranch / No Strings Attached ( A.K.A. Beth's all creatures rescue Ranch);) ....Fredo, And the Dragster also... Happy New Year !!!!!!!! Beth:):):):)

Attached Files:

7. Looking Good! Merry Christmas. Love all the pups!

8. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thank you , I'll keep hotrod and Puppy pics coming as they grow:D,, Trying to get Tim to carry the rearend down into the basment so I can work in the warmth:),, Beth

9. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Nothing to do with the T build but cool for me, We got most of the work done on the blower intake I'm helping build for Tim's Comp Coupe, Didn't like my welding enough to do all the welding so Tim Did most of it, He says my welds look fine but I'm not happy with them yet:(, But I'll keep practiceing, Tim Said he'd haul the rear of the car down to the basment for me tomorrow while I'm at work:eek::D Beth,,,, PS my welds are the one's on the plate that the blower sits on

Attached Files:

10. Nothin wrong with those Beth, they look good to me!!

11. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thank you Carl ,, this side has most of mine on it:( Tim told me to go out and look at the welds on his first intake, if I want to see some bad welds:),,, Beth

Attached Files:

12. They look better than mine . I can show you some bad welds :D

13. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks , My Brother is a welder so I know what there suposed to look like , So I'll keep praticeing:D,, Beth

14. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

It was blowing and snowing this AM so I stayed home, Talked Tim Into hauling the rear to the basment today:) , We went real oldskool getting to the house :D, It was a bear to get down the stairway, but it's down on the work bench now ready to tear apart and see what kinda shape it's in:),, Beth

Attached Files:

15. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

Is that one that has a driveshaft in it.? If it's not it was on a wagon last part of its life. There is plenty of axle parts in the pile so you should be able to get a good one out of it. I have some bearings that are good, but you should be able to get what you need from the pile. Hope it wasn't stored with water in the pumpkin :eek: good luck

16. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Bob, The one we used has a driveshaft in it,, The pumkin was full of grease, The ujoint seems to be locked up though, We'll bring the driveshaft to work tomorrow and try to clean it better with the power washer, and have you take a look, How's the farmhouse COLD like ours?:(, looks like were in for some cold days ahead, Glad I had Tim drag the rearend to the basement to work on it:D, See you tomorrow ,,, Beth

Attached Files:

17. jangleguy

jangleguy

Whew! Glad you were okay with the blog piece, Beth. Thanks for posting the link to it.

Now turn off the computer and get to work! Please send updates when you can...

Scotty

18. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

FWIW my second cousins the Flitten girls with their T in Marshalltown Iowa in the day. Year unknown.
    I often wonder if they built it.
    Luck with your car. Contact me if I can be of assistance.
    John

Attached Files:

19. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

Lizbeth- I was thinking I was the only one who brought Hot-Rod parts in the farm house to work on them. Today it is going to bitterly cold by tomorrow morning the forcast is calling for wind chill of - 27 . Hope I dont have to go out in it!! Your Welds look great! keep up the good work, and say Howdy to Tim! Keep warm! Don in N. W. Indiana.;)

20. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

Bet that grease smells gooood :rolleyes::D

21. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

The grease smells like history. Tim makes fun of me because I save old dirt and cotter pins and such. The whole idea that those things are about 100 years old is cool to me. ;)

22. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

The pic of the car with the girls is awsome, seems that girls have been messing with cars for a LONG time;) Thanks for following my thread, I'm having fun working on a part of history. Beth

23. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Tim is nothing if not persistant it was his idea to DRAG:mad: the rear end in the house, basement is ok , kitchen is still off limits, I was awed by what we found inside, Grease and good looking gears, the U joint, after removing the 100 yr. old Tar pit gunk looks good. The pinion gear has a knick, we did not see any damage on the ring gear, don't know the reason yet for the knick...I find the tie wires still being intact an incredible find , history at it's finest. We will try to stay warm and you do the same....Beth

Attached Files:

24. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

More pics of the rear end, The cars not mine:D Beth

Attached Files:

25. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Awesome build. I've got a similar build coming in the near future. Gary

26. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks , We might take the 3rd member apart tonite,, Beth

27. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

We will be looking forward to watching your build, thanks for following mine:), BTW Tim grew up in Omaha, said he did alot of duck hunting along the Platte and Elkhorn Rivers near Fremont, plus I hung out at Fremont lakes when I was younger,, Beth

28. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

We took apart the rear end this evening, everything was covered in grease, even me when I was done. Tim found another bad tooth on the ring gear that matched the marks on the pinion we found earlier,it will be easier to see minus so much grease. Time to clean it up. Also all the nuts were still wire tied, saved the 100 yr. old wire to add to my other old stuff. Here are some pics of us and the grease, and the rear end, the cars not mine.....Beth

Attached Files:

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Been a while since I checked out this thread. Looks like you're doing a very thorough job. I think it's cool you're saving some keep sakes. They'll always remind you of these best of times. Keep at it.