Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

Merry Christmas!
    Rick, are going to GNRS? I have plans to visit there and I would love to see the car.

2. It continually amazes me how many people ask questions on a thread without reading all the posts. :confused:

3. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

Dean, if you mean me I could not find out if Rick is getting suitable spot and goes there.

4. Well there are 2650 posts now so...

5. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Reindeer-
    I'll be there. Inside. I just received my confirmation. Call me when you get into town.
    626-622-4488. That goes for anyone who would like to meet up.
    Rick

6. jalopy45

jalopy45

Inside the Main Building?

7. I just picked up Rodder's Journal.. (I'm out back). While I find I gotta be happy building a 4- wheel version of a poodle skirt, I'd like a car like yer duece.

Some christmas spam, Adelaide style;
    [​IMG]

8. Pete and Rick, congrats on TRJ feature!!! I'm proud for y'all! I just picked up a copy today.
    Does anybody have access to a spare copy of TRJ 61 with the E&B sedan on the front cover? I would like to have one in my library, maybe trade something for it.
    Thank you very much!

9. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

jalopy45-
    Not sure which building I will be in yet. They don't tell you that until you check in.

Spoggie-
    Thanks! Nice picture. Rumor has it the E&B Sedan is going to be in an Australian magazine soon. Not quite sure when though.

patrick2965-
    Sent PM to you.

For those of you that don't remember, Pat did the drive shaft on the Sedan and it turned out PERFECT!

10. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

Hi everyone, I'm back.......I will see you guys on Sunday!

11. deucemac

deucemac

Rick, I'll have the roadster outside on Saturday and I'll look you up. My wife and I will be in our E&B shirts and I hope anyone else coming will wear theirs too!

12. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

deucemac-
    I hope you meant Sunday.

I spent the better part of the day polishing brass. Halibrands are a piece of cake in comparison. I'll never complain about polishing them again.

13. deucemac

deucemac

Meant Saturday at the GNRS sorry for any confusion

14. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Just in from the 2013 Holiday Motor Excursion: Rick & Jan Barakat and kids in their 1913 Model T Ford ... note the shiny brass! This is always a fun event ... several hundred pre-1932 cars, trucks and bikes (both kinds) that actually get driven on the street. Also, some guy named Jay Leno showed up in a 1925 Doble steam-powered car.

Attached Files:

15. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

The HME was incredible. Thanks for the photo Bill!

I think you would be amazed at how many Hot Rod guys have original early cars. Jake was there with his 1914 Model T and Robert Williams is working on a 1913 Roadster just to name a few.

Two of my children brought a friend also.:D

Attached Files:

16. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

You can never have to many friends. Thanks for sharing and have a great New Year!!!!!!

17. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Here is the article from Bo.

Attached Files:

18. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pa Svenska...!

19. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

On the article from Bo-the lead photo said it all. Although I couldn't read the article the photos were worth a million bucks and were very much enjoyed.Thanks again for sharing.................

20. Great photos......a little hard to read..................

21. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Today is a very sad day for Pete, myself and the rest of the E&B crew.
    I just found out we unexpectedly lost Bill Birdsall, aka billsill45, yesterday.
    He not only was a great photographer, story teller, parts chaser, and helper with anything we needed but a great friend and listener as well.
    Our Tuesday/Saturday lunches won't be the same without him.

We were fortunate to have gotten to know him. One of the best things that came out of doing the sedan is that it gave us the opportunity to meet many fine people. The bad part is it is so sad for us to say goodbye to them. My words can not express the sadness I feel today.
    God bless you Bill. May you rest in eternal peace.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  22. That is truly sad. It was great to meet him while helping out on the sedan.
    Via con dios!!

23. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Bill was one of those genuinely nice guys,

what a shock . . .

24. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers will be sent up for family and friends...............

25. This is very sad to hear, together Bill & I photographed the E&B Tudor project, he was truly a very nice guy!
    My prayer to his family & friends, he will be missed.
    cw.

Attached Files:

26. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Craig-
    Thanks for posting the picture. On a tough day, it put a smile on my face.
    Rick

27. I never met the man, but his posts on this thread were always cheerful and positive. He seemed like a really great guy. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends.

Think of the good times, and it'll help the healing process.

28. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

It is with a heavy heart that I post here tonight.
    Today I learned that our good friend Bill Birdsall or Billsill45 (as he was known here on the H.A.M.B) passed away this week, a big shock to those of us that knew him.
    Bill was one of those rare individuals that could join in with a group of he did not know and end up making friends out of each and everyone of them.
    He had an easy going way about him, that made a person feel comfortable and relaxed. A true gentleman in every sense of the word.
    I am blessed that I had the opportunity to meet Bill and be able to call him a friend....so for that I am happy....
    Rest in peace, my friend. And god bless

29. jalopy45

jalopy45

I just booked the 24th to 26th off from work in Pomona, so will see you at the GNRS

30. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

I will be there on sat the 25th