Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help! What is this???

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Visions, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Visions

Visions

I recently aquired this back half of a body. About 54in wide. The guy that got rid of it said it was a buick, but I couldn't find a picture that matches up. Ignore the cowl and dash in front of it, Its from a different car. Also, it is a trunk not a rumble seat. It looks like it had a roof of some sort on it before but it was removed. (not cut off, but removed).(maybe a landau top??) And you can see the door jambs poking up.
    Any educated guess would be awsome.
    It would be nice if were something obvious and im just an idiot. :)
    Thanks all!
    brand new member,
    Visions

Attached Files:

2. Chevy made a 5 passenger coupe & so did Buick.,they both had a trunk. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Taking possession of something, with no idea what it is. Hardcore.

4. what was that line? ....... lets make it ours first and figure out what the hell it is later.. ???? lol

I think HRP is onto something (as usual : ) )

looks like fun no matter what it is , how about some close ups of the body lines around the wells and the trunk holes etc, usually gets us close

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not exactly the same year, but the same idea and a bad mofo. Note big thumpin' Pontiac motor...

-Abone.

6. Visions

Visions

thanks so far guys, and I agree with the comments so far. :) haha. It'll be fun though either way. I'll get some more pics up tomorrow. Come back!

7. I'm still thinking with what I see that it possibly was a Chevy 5 passenger coupe turned coupester. HRP

8. Trunk doesn't look like the ones pictured.Better pic of dash might help.
    But its a good start.

9. As he said, the dash and cowl don't match the body

10. Dash looks like a 33-34 chevy...top rail of this one is 34 ford with 34 chevy bottom 1/2

Attached Files:

11. squirrel

squirrel

12. Body reveals aren't the same as the Buick

13. Aren't same as the chevy or the ford either...

14. I'd say it is a good start for a project.

15. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

16. ^^^^^^Tell him what he's won, Don Pardo!!!

17. Not a '27 Studebaker. No cowl vent, different angle at the hood, no cowl lamp holes....so arkiehotrods has not won, yet.

18. Panel Pete

Panel Pete

Only thing i can add is this, re-read the now highlighted area above.
    Looks like a good start to a project, other wise i have no idea myself.

19. I say that body is comprised of 2 different parts...a 33 or 34 chevy cowl and the 27 Stude rear section. cowl Paint color is different and stamped-in molding is similar but in different places.
    I believe rear-opening cowl vent is 1933. There's a thread regarding this very topic somewhere on the HAMB.

20. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

Hope u get It built, then someone will ask u what is it , doh I don't know , do u ? It could be a great conversation piece, as well as a very nice car , I have no idea what u have, and it doesn't matter , because it's your and very Kool !

21. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

The OP said the cowl was from a different car.

22. You can highlight it, change color, increase font size and set it on fire and half the people won't read it anyway.:rolleyes:

23. Visions

Visions

Thanks all for the quick responses. I probably should have left the cowl and dash out of the pic since its from a different car. I think ARKIEHOTRODS is the winner!! I looked up pics of 1927 Studebaker Victoria coupes and that is definitely the match.
    Im super stoked now! ready to get crackin!! Any leads on parts would be greatly appreciated, since im sure this car is a rarity. Thanks again to my new-found friends!

24. Another case of spouting off before I read the whole thing. Sorry.....I hadn't had my coffee, yet.