Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1940 and 1939 Deluxe Fords.......Lets see em!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkmanjr, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Hotrod Mike:

What is that shifter on your '39? I've got one like it, but don't know where it came from or how I got it.

2. Special Ed

Special Ed

3. hbogie

hbogie
    from PA

Here's my 40, still in the parts gathering/planning stages... got real lucky finding a solid builder and fulfill a long time dream of owning a 40 convert. Can't wait to dive in! (as soon as my 55 Bel Air is done)

[​IMG]

4. JasonCarGuy

JasonCarGuy

Here's a 39 deluxe I have, anyone need any parts. PM me if you do, if I'm not using them they are available. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382644437.744881.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Sorry I missed your question. The shifter in my coupe was a ShiftWorks unit. Very high quality and I liked the shift ball with the button. I was really pleased with it. They are at: www.shiftworks.com Hope that answers your question.

6. carl.p

carl.p
    from grimsby uk

?oops

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  7. Two-month bump...

I'm not sure if this one has been posted before, but I stumbled across this while hunting for something else. Built by the Southside Speed Shop guys in Ft. Worth, it went to the PNW in the hands of Ray Southard. Mopar B5 Blue rocks.
    [​IMG]

8. Jake H.

Jake H.

Whereabouts in the PNW does that coupe reside, now?

That one has a chromed dash, if I remember. And a stout sbc.

Fun car!

RODIST likes this.
  9. street rod lover

street rod lover
    from taylor,mi.

picked this one up in sept (happy 50th b day to me!)and have been working on it since. roadworth spring 2014. swapped out my 37 for the 40. Thread build to start shortly.

Attached Files:

10. clips221

clips221

Here's mine. picked it up a few weeks ago.
    [​IMG]

11. WOW, dunno if I like the car or the female better, a lot to like in either case !!!!!!!!!!!!!;-)))

12. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Haven't made great advances. But here are some newer pictures.

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      491.4 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      489 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      486.1 KB
      Views:
  13. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I love that car! I'm building one VERY similar to that car right now with my 40 standard. I don't think I'm going to run a blower but I have a 450+ HP SBC and it will have a hood but that color, those wheels, White int. ETC....

14. Choptop79

Choptop79

This is my 40 I just picked up last spring. Currently working away from home so I have been unable to start the project. But I'll be diving in head first in a few months. This is a barn find from Central Canada. Was last registered in 1957 when it was placed in the barn. Minor rust on the running boards, and a slight hole in the floor, and in the trunk where the spare tire sits. One dent on the whole car and that is on the rear driver's side fender. Everything else is solid. Interior has typical barn rot and has to be completely replaced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Fordy Frd

Fordy Frd

16. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

Glad this thread has stayed alive.

17. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

This is not a shameless attempt to sell this car, which has had no interest in the regular classifieds. So I thought a 39-40 Ford lover reading this thread may not of heard about it. It belongs to a very very sick friend that has to sell it. for details check the HAMB classifieds. It is a RARE 1939 rumble seat convertible. Thank You.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  18. Flatblack 31

Flatblack 31

Here's mine. I just brought it home 2 days before Christmas. Rust free, 17,000 miles, original paint except some spoted in areas. Same owner since 1959

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  19. Dig the seat material, cool you got a survivor.

20. Flatblack 31

Flatblack 31

Thanks 41. Yeah the seat cover has been on there along time.... best to leave it be I'm sure. This thing is completly rust free!

21. mikew

mikew

Hey flat black31, I was just going to send you a link to this thread. glad you posted pics of your survivor '39.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

WOW, Nice Christmas Present, that car is perfect is there a story with it? Larry

23. Me too !

24. genosslk

genosslk

Great cars, I'll try to get my 39 Sedan pictures on here.

25. Mr.Norton

Mr.Norton
    from Sweden

Hi
    Bought this one in LA area last summer, been doin some tune up and got it running, has a really nice body, all ford drivetrain, 302 with 4 speed toploader

Attached Files:

• F1.jpg
      F1.jpg
      File size:
      296.2 KB
      Views:
  26. aonemarine

aonemarine
    from Delaware

how about one more....
    [​IMG]

27. genosslk

genosslk

This 39 Deluxe came from a barn in Colorado about two years ago. Car was in excellent shape as no sheet metal had to be replaced. Build has been going good except for finding a suitable grill other than the common replacements that are junk spot welded over priced pieces. So I decided to build my own custom fitting it for proper hood to fender fit. $62 of metal and another $20 in grinding and sanding discs with 72 hours of labor hand bending each right and left bar.

Attached Files:

28. I like this one. Looks like a survivor! :)

[​IMG]

29. My next project. 1939 Deluxe. Last registered in north Georgia in 1973. Way back, somebody hot rodded it and had a very smooth repaint. The thin layer of very old bondo is now peeling badly!

Attached Files:

30. genosslk

genosslk

A few more pictures. I built the 37 sedan about ten years ago and it resides just a couple of miles from my home. I built the chassis identical to each other as they ride perfect. Logged nearly 3,600 miles on the 39 last summer. I plan on driving in the power Tour this next summer with my grand daughter.

Attached Files: