Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Gene (Moonlighter) Cromer's A/G Willys Resurrection

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Quain Stott, Aug 31, 2012.

1. loudbang

loudbang

Big props for Quain and his buddies on Bangshift today.

2. catdad49

catdad49

Finally!! Watched the Greer video. Hot cars, great music and fine looking women. Just doesn't get much better. Thanks Guys

3. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

This may have already been asked and answered but is Gene going to run at Steel in Motion this year?

4. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

There is a real good chance of it. Gene is a member of our group and we are going to Steel in motion as a group and only run each other.I think most everyone from The Southeast Gassers (our new name) are going so it should be a good show.

5. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Very cool! Can't wait to see you guys run!

6. Gene Cromer

Gene Cromer
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Tom for all the great pictures and the 2014 calendars, they were all outstanding.
    Gene,

7. Gene Cromer

Gene Cromer
    Member Emeritus

Glenn i don't remember the time it ran but it was slow off the line and to run everyone down.

8. You have such a cool car and the story that goes with it is priceless. I really enjoy photographing the Moonlighter and hope to see more of it this year.

Best wishes to you and the Moonlighter Team in the New Year.

-Tom

9. sbs

sbs

When and where is the 1st Southeastern Gassers meet?

10. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

We don't know yet still working on the schedule. The web site should be going next week, I hope. Here's the link http://www.southeastgassers.com/

11. Saxxon

Saxxon

I would love to see the Moonlighter at the Meltdown event.
    What an awesome build. The response from the gasser community to make this happen was / is awesome. Seeing Gene make the pass at Greer was inspiring.

Quain... I hope you and Donovan are planning to return (with a few friends ?). One of my favorite moments last year was watching you guys pull into Sam's. Glad I got a chance to talk to you there. Living where I do I don't get a chance to get to these kind of events very often ... which sucks ...

12. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I'm trying to get 6 cars to go from our group for a north verse south match race. I have asked Cromer but I don't think he is going to be able to go. He said it was hard to race on social security.

13. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

<IFRAME height=480 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pq7gq4jnpt4?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=853 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Hahaha... did you really think it would be a "low gear pass" if he got back behind the wheel? ;):D

Once it is in your blood, it doesn't come out 'til you stop breathin'..:D

14. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

your right we all should have knew better than that.

15. From day one I didn't doubt Gene's enthusiasm and every time we talked he said he wanted to race,,not just easy down the track.

He proved that at Greer. HRP

16. derbydad276

derbydad276

loved the video's but I gotta say Quain was lookin at Gene's taillights when he took off in Bad Bananas video
    left at the line like he was tied to a stump!

17. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Yea I was trying to keep that video a secret so no one would know how bad Gene whipped up on me. If he keeps beating up on me I'm going to take the car and put it back in that building where it had been for the past 40 years.:D

18. LMAO! Thanks for making my day. :D

19. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

If you're racing your friends, you better have a sense of humor. Good one, Quain....

20. fordcpe

fordcpe

21. fordcpe

fordcpe

22. dirt42

dirt42

23. frank spittle

frank spittle

24. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Motoandy here's the race dates as of now I don't know how many of these Gene will make but Melvin says they are going to them all LOL.

Southeast Gasser race dates

April 26 Greer S.C.

May 16-17-18 Union SC Steel in motion. There is a thread about this one on the Hamb

May 31 Shady Side N.C.

June 28 Knoxville Tenn.

July 18-19-20 Bryon Illinois The Meltdown Drags. This is going to be a North vs South race should be a big deal The trash talking has already started here on the Hamb

August 2 Dunn and Benson N.C.

September 13 Ware Shoals S.C.

September 20 Dunn and Benson N.C.

October 10-11 Atlanta 10,000

October 19 Peidmont N.C. ( this is a Sunday race)

There will be another race at Greer the first of November just don’t know when yet.

25. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

wow quain, glad to see your coming back to the meltdown! sure hope to see gene make it to some of these, im going to try to get down south to see you guys run in your neck of the woods! and i bet we can get a pot going for gene for some fuel money, right here on the hamb! this is good news.

26. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

We are bringing about 8 cars from our group to the meltdowns for a North vs South shoot out Gene could be one of the cars that is going don't know for sure yet. Don't have any details as of now but I think our deal is going to take place Friday night and then Sunday. Details will come when it gets closer to time.

27. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

How about coming up with Tee shirts and posters to promote the event? I'll buy some for sure!

28. AHotRod

AHotRod

Just like the old days ..... The guys that could afford had "Car Shirts" printed and were able to sell them out of the back of there station wagons and pickup trucks to help support the adventures.
    Now that you have your website, maybe those of you in the group that have a T-shirt (like Gene does) could put them up For Sale on it, as well as take them with you to the tracks you race at and have some sweet girl sell them for you. I know that T-shirt sales are not going to pay for much of the expense of the trips, but it could help. A side benefit would be growing exposure and new book in shows.

29. Some of the guys had these at Greer so maybe they will bring some along.

30. AHotRod

AHotRod

Are the guys that are participating in racing their cars in your group members here on the HAMB?
    If so, why couldn't they offer up their T-Shirts For Sale in our HAMB Classifieds?

That way we all have access to supporting each one.