Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1959 Continental Convertible Barn find!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malarkey_BS 13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. [​IMG] this is the best picture ive seen of any car in a loooong time! love it! thats gonna be a fun car to have! enjoy it!

2. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

It was one of the first ones i watched! Its crazy to think how many people drove past that garage where the one you found was sitting and waiting, and nobody had a clue that it was even there! That's the one of the coolest things to think about other than actually getting the car. I know how you feel with the situation being surreal, it took a week or two for me once i actually got the car in my possession, for it to truly sink in that it was finally mine! Respect to you for following through and tracking it down! Ive run into quite a few people that will give up the chase after a week or so cuz they're inpatient, so again mad respect for you. Now im excited to see the next vid of the extraction and resurrection! That i will be waiting to see!!

3. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

Thanks Flamin' It hasn't been too bad soo far! :cool:

4. chrome_fins

chrome_fins
    from Tulsa, Ok

wow. very nice looking car. I had a 59 four doo hdtp years bk. loved that car and wish I hadnt sold it. good score buddy!

5. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Nice black beauty car......:cool::D

6. I always liked the convertible Continental in 59 better than the hard top. I like the idea of the breezeway, but something about the styling of it I dont like

7. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

I agree Manny, although i do appreciate all the body styles of these lincolns. The first time i laid eyes on this car, i thought it was the most funky lookin thing ive ever seen, especially how with the breezeway window made the top look like your coming to the end of the earth.. lol But on a day where you dont want the top down or when you dont want the wind blowing through your hair...(mostly the Mrs.) Its a beautiful thing. Also when its raining and you want some fresh air without getting wet, the angle of the rear window is perfect. You can put it down, and absolutely no water or rain comes through, so from an engineering standpoint they were right on the money from how it was designed, even though ascetically its not the best roofline ive ever come across...

8. rld14

rld14

I loved the video! Saw it a few weeks ago and showed it to my friend with the 59 Coupe. How's the Car coming along?

9. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

Yea Phantom, I've watched your video of the Lincoln getting extracted, hows things coming along for you with the yacht? I hope well!!

10. Phantom309

Phantom309
    from Wyoming

All going well, thanks! Put on a couple hundred miles this summer but it's tucked away in my garage now. Nothing major done but do intend on addressing some suspension issues and fixing little bits. It's otherwise a great driver! I hope you got some miles in on the vert?!

11. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

Good to hear! I did put a few miles on the vert. I'm pretty much in the same place as you with yours. Its tucked away for the frigid winter we are having here in Chicago. Trying to do odds and ends getting her ready for when, if ever it gets warmer out. But as much as i would love to tear into her a little more its just too damn cold!! I need palm tree's and sunny beaches... Hope all is still well!!

12. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

There's a good article in the latest Collectible Automobile magazine if you haven't seen it yet. It compares three converts - a Lincoln like yours with a 59 Caddy and a 60 or 61 Imperial.

13. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

Now I'm on a mission to find that article.....:cool:

14. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

My mistake, it is Hemmings "Classic Car" January 2014. There is a red Corvair Rampside on the front cover.

15. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

that's cool as hell,as mich as I'm into Hotrods,a little clean up,though safety check,new top,done deal.beautiful a car I woud'nt change a thing.good on you

16. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

Thanks GregCon, i found the article but cant read it because im not a subscriber, which one came out on top of the three?

17. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

Im a Hot Rod man myself, but this one is AMAZING at looking good goin slow...:cool:

18. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

Well, that mag doesn't really do heavy winner-loser things. The Imperial was fastest, the Linc was slowest and I think they blamed the 2 barrel carb. I don't recall all the details but if you PM me your email I will fix you up.

19. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

Thanks GregCon! Just shot you a pm with my info

20. [​IMG]
    Good story of persistence with your great car.
    I painted this '60 a few months ago locally. It came in from the states via Queensland. Like yours, a nice low mile car with original paint/ trim & operating convertible top. Low production, agreed. They are unforgettable- so vast, a true factory production custom car.

21. aldixie

aldixie

Very nice car. Patience pays off.

22. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

Only time I can say I was patient for 5 years.... :cool: