Register now to get rid of these ads!

History BC Custom Car Associaton

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 29bowtie, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Brian. Thanks for the information. Mr. Fe, is this your old Falcon at Bremerton?

Attached Files:

2. Yes, that photo was likely taken in 1980 at Bremerton Raceway. I am standing behind the front fender, I`m no thinner now, but my hair is! Hard to see in the photo, but I was wearing a T shirt that I had one of those artists that did the airbrushed T shirts at car shows make for me in the late 70s. I think I sold the car to Ron MacKenzie a year or 2 later.

3. Hi Brian, sorry to hear you guys quit racing, your dragster was always a crowd pleaser.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  4. Fedman

Fedman

Rory, thanks for the kind words.
    We chased it for better than 30 years, and I made some great friends, have some incredible memories, and now I can spend time with my Hot Rods!

5. I agree as well, what a crowd pleaser you guy's always were. You are missed by so many.

6. Rocket88

Rocket88

No kidding!
    I always made it a point to be on the starting line when Brian was going to make a run.

7. Fedman

Fedman

Thank You, I really appreciate the kind words.

8. Oh you had a lot of Fans,Brian.Me included.:D

9. Rocket88

Rocket88

I think he should invite us all to his shop so we can take turns sitting in the car!

10. Fedman

Fedman

I think that you have a great idea.

Maybe if some of the local guys are interested we could get a shop visit organized when the weather is a little nicer. Visit and bullshit about how great everything was back in the day!:D

I will take side bets on who will fit, and who will not fit, in the Car though!:p

If the local Guys want to PM me if you are interested I will see if we can get something put together.

11. MBog

MBog

Ya know, for quite a while I've been wondering who the hell this fedman is, thinking I gotta know him...Brian! how ya been? Last time I saw you was on the island I believe, we didn't spoil it for you did we? Too bad you hung up your helmet and gloves, but I will agree, there's a lot more seat time in a rod...

12. Fedman

Fedman

Mark, no not even close to anything you guys did on the Island.

I was never treated so well as I was when we came over and ran at Port Alberni in 2006.
    I might still be at it if that the way it was every time out. :p

13. MBog

MBog

Thanks Brian, it's a fun event and easy to run with a plethora of eager volunteers...

14. I'm in for a local get together of BCCA/Mission Raceway/HAMB members.

15. I have a California Speed Marine catalog with all the pricing of their stuff. I'm thinking its about 1966.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My Step Dad was friends with Jack and here's a Boat he was partners in, his old BCCCA plaque. I also have my Dads 1950s patches which I have the front patch and back BCCA. I'm missing a "C"!!! Does anyone have an extra C? Then a couple years ago my Dads best friend called me up and gave me his 1956 BCCCA jacket but again, it also has a letter missing. The "B"!!!!! Does anyone have a "B" that they can let lose of . So if I could get a B and a C I would have my Dads complete set and his best friends complete set with jacket. !!!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    Stogy likes this.
  16. argond

argond

Were those photos taken at the Fraser slough? I remember going over to the drag boat races in the 60's and later at Kelowna.
    I wonder if any of those old boats are still around?

falcongeorge likes this.
  17. I believe they were. A guy on the HAMB found this boat and has contacted me for information. I couldn't provide much as my Step Dads memory is not as good as it once was. Unfortunately it has no engine and has been sitting outside for years. I think he found it in Spokane and the guy that owns it lives in Surrey and is planning on restoring it.

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yup, I remember that. And in the sixties, there were closed circuit boat races at Alouette Lake as well.
    I remember going to those.

19. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does anyone have a "C" to complete the one in the frame and a "B" that's missing from the Jacket ?

Oh and the Cobwebs are fake from Halloween. :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    Stogy and falcongeorge like this.
  20. In 1969 the Boat set a world record of 192.6 MPH .

21. Fedman

Fedman

Yeah,
    he was probably thinking if I screw up and crash they will kill me! :D

Very cool pics, that must have been an important Calgary Car Show.

That could not have been a normal deal back then to ship cars like that.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  22. Very cool. There has got to be more to that story.

Would that truck have been gas or diesel?

No Coquihalla back then, and if the Calgary show was in February then as now, winter road conditions up the Frazer Canyon.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  23. Thanks for those great photos. We have a lot of motorsport history here in BC, that many people just don't know about.

24. I know that most all old 50s Hotrod, Rod and Custom, etc etc had a lot of press on BCCCA and the cars. I read an article on the first Mission raceway runs and Jack Williams getting permission from the city to run his Dragster down a city street and so many other articles in these old mags. It really amazes me the BC coverage even when the internet was not even a dream!

25. Jack Williams seemed to have his hands in everything back in the day.

26. Another local car that underwent changes. Don found this Gasser intacked and upgraded it to Pro Bracket/Hot Rod class car before it was sold and now has a home in the eastern US.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Note the by-line on the article on Court Elliots car below. Most of that is down to Pete Sukalac, he basically worked the NW, from Oregon to BC, shot cars primarily for Hot Rod and Car Craft. If you see an article back in the day on a NW car in a Petersen publication, his name will be on it better than 80% of the time. In the fifties, he even published his own mag, called "Northwest Rods".

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Fatboys Folly was a fixture around here in the seventies, I saw it at Mission dozens of times.

29. Don't have any of those "Northwest Rods" magazines but found this post card copied from one of those issues. Sure like to see some of those magazines. Anybody?

Attached Files:

Stogy and falcongeorge like this.
  30. Kevin. Saw this recently on a Grand National thread.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.