Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1930 Model A barn find

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ADVANCE1, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great find get it safe ,drive it and enjoy.

2. sololobo

sololobo

bad ass parade car, atta boy ~sololobo~

3. 4oldfords

4oldfords
    from Texas

Yes .... clean it up as is and think about it a while. Get it running..then decide.
    I think lower the front end and shine it up ...that's it. You better not mind getting peoples attention. It's cool

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Its pretty neat... I'd have a hard time doing a lot of changes. The paint is so ugly it got my attention, and now I think I am starting to like it. Good find and Good Luck.

5. I seen that on craigslist, was admiring the solid condition and paint, price wasn't so bad either.

6. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

My first reaction lands between OMG and WTF!
    But WOW actualy strikes it right on the nail!

My first move would be, pull out a chair and look at it from all sides and take my time. I would'nt be man enough to cut it up or remove that paintjob.
    But a bit of lowering, rubber rake (on steelies) and hop up the banger. That car is so cool it deserves to live as is. If you changes anything, only do stuff you can undo, because it's hard to go back on a paintjob!

So wash and shine, it already stood the test of Time!

7. My $.02
    There are certain Hot rod eras that are better off forgotten. Syco late 60's is one of them. It wasn't even cool then and certainly isn't now. I personally would gently scotchbrite off all the syco paint in a vertical direction, trying to find and leave whatever paint is underneath. Vertical because the weathered look in nature usually runs top to bottom. Get the banger going, a little front end lowering clean it up and drive it. 10 years ago I was going to sand down and paint my car.
    I'm really glad I didn't!
    Good luck, hope you figure out what to do.

8. HRP - didn't they call that a resto-mod in the 70's...?....and yes my J code RR 4sp had the "panels" put on it as well by 1975....

lwf

9. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

hey stillrunner, I have 3 studes 53-54s future gassers

10. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Nice car and what a find....have fun with it!

11. cheesegrater

cheesegrater
    from california

If I got that jewell Id just make it roadworthy & drive it for awhile just to hear the response from everybody that like me would tell you what they would do with if were "THEIRS"

12. mike bowling

mike bowling

Great find-nice way to start the New Year.But, really,panels "outdated"? Not here in the woods. project from 2 yrs. ago-long winter, lots of masking tape.some liked it -some hated it. Like Abe said "you can't please everyone so please yourself" sort of taken out of context (very liberally). Happy New Year! Mike :confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  13. Saw this car on Craigslist also, wasn't on there very long.

Dustin

14. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

Think I'll powder coat the rims get it running and lower it, with bigger tires. What color on the rims?

15. XERB

XERB

Fire it into life and drive it....

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Im diggin' the novelty of the paint...don't touch it. You're gonna flip it anyway, and the paint adds to the sell story...let the next owner decide. Powdercoat the wheels in black... Put some new 6.00 and 7.50 Firestone blackwall tires on it, get it running, clean the car up good and call it done. It'll have a cool rubber rake that will help sell it.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Exactly: don't paint! Enjoy it or sell it, but that paint has too much history (or story) .

18. octane105

octane105
    from Minnesota

Really cool find. My Dad was an original picker here in Minnesota and bought and sold and collected over 800 Model A Fords. I've been doing it for about 20 years myself and I still have a big smile on my face all the way home when trailering another Model A Ford. Mark

19. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Lots of haters of the paint job...but everything old is new again. The car looks killer, just gotta put a set of mags on there with raised white letter tires. Give it a rake by dropping the front axle and update the motor a bit with maybe a B head, down draft single carb and a Mallory distributor to give it a little umpff. Give it a good scrub inside and out and ya got yourself a show stopping survivor. JohnnyA

[​IMG]

20. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

So looks like I want to keep the mech. brakes and just lower it so what's the best way to do that ?

21. do a search under my name
    i have done a few model a's dropped using all ford parts (vicky and A phaeton)
    not that hard to do , but you'll need 32-34 spring perches and they are kind of hard to find
    tk