Register now to get rid of these ads!

model A Boxing Plates... Anybody Sell them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lrs30, Sep 20, 2009.

1. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I read in the past that someone was making frame rail boxing plates, I priced the steel local and was way high for the amount needed..So I searched and only came up with with info on how lots of guys did it.. So does anybody know who was making and seeling them? Thank's in Advance.. Ryan

2. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

I got mine from a place called rocky mountain hot rods. Im pretty sure that was the name they are 100 dollars and super nice and fit perfect. I think they sell on ebay too but im not sure.

3. madpole

madpole

4. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Thanks Guys I will look them up.. Ryan

5. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I don't know where to get them .I would search flea markets for the old jigsaws that had an aluminum housing or steel .I cut my boxing plates with one.Look into sheet of steel instead of precut

6. metalfaber

metalfaber
    from Nebraska

I sell them here on the HAMB (in classifieds) on Ebay and straight from my http://www.wolfesmetalfabrication.com website. I have tabs that I have incorporated in my "Easy Weld" design, that does in fact make it easier as mentioned. If you have any questions, please feel free to email or PM me. Right now I have 23 T, Model A, 32, 33-34, and 35-40 Ford in solid, drilled and Dimpled flavors. I also have some that are shorter lengths for those of you in length restricted International shipping locations.

Brian Wolfe

7. I think even Speedway sells them.

8. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I know its an old thread. But im welding up a set of wolfes plates right now. The fit was good with the easy weld thing and it does make it easier to weld.

9. Brian,did you notice this thread is 5 years old?:D HRP

10. metalfaber

metalfaber
    from Nebraska

lol, i guess it was, i noticed the title in a search, and knew i could answer it. :)

11. chopt49

chopt49

It helped, I am looking for these and your post may have just got you another set sold... :D

12. b-bob

b-bob

I use 4" flat bar. Trace it off the frame and cut it with a grinder with a cutting blade.
    More work but fits my budget.
    I don't know of anyone who pre-cuts them in my area.