Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boatmark

Boatmark

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  2. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

3. Boatmark

Boatmark

4. wazza

wazza
    from australia

who`s Bobby Darin?

5. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

If you really are 60 as stated and have functioning ears and eyes, you already know the answer to that. If not, make the same inquiry at Google.com and you can find all the information you are seeking.

Or was that question "humor?":rolleyes:

6. Lil32

Lil32

while you are there , find out who Annette is

7. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

i lived in a small mill village in ct. called "Goodyear" since the mill made the cording for Goodyear tires. some time in the early 50s they had one of these ships fly over town as a promotion this was big doings in the North East part of the state back then. that village changed names several times each time that mill changed ownership.the company name was a big deal because it was the company that powered the street lights. more than 1/2 half of the town ended up being torn down as the mill expanded and more and more people travelled to work from other towns. It still exists it's called Rogers now after the current company that been in the mill since about 1960.

8. This thread is as diverse as those who read it, their cars, their opinions about politics, planes, trains, cheesecake/beefcake preferences, lowriders, SBC vs flatheads etc.

It's somewhat of a melting pot of '...days gone by...' A lot of stuff posted herein reflects what many find interesting and with hopes it arouses the interest of others.

But most of us seem to share a common interest and it is 'days gone by' Let's keep that in mind eh?

I doubt anyone is here to offend or intimidate with their posts or comments. If so perhaps they should seek solace elsewhere. There's likely a group or 2 that they might want to look into.

The HAMB provides a source for info, entertainment, advice and even venting (if in good taste and not negative). Search some of the social groups; there are some for such things as calendar girls, aircraft, and I think even some politics - or at least there used to be. I belong to several such groups and most are a great bunch of members who also share interests.

Usually if I don't like something I 'get over it' then step out smartly. I'd guess my biggest issue might be with some who seem more intent on driving up their post counts with quantity while little concern is given to the quality of what's shown. I'm probably guilty of it to some extent myself. I kinda wish the post count could be hidden or removed cuz IMO I don't care about it and it's simply a quantity thingy anyway.

BTW how many who appreciate - or don't - this thread have supported the HAMB via becoming an Alliance member? I just renewed recently. Not a bad investment in such a great source of entertainment, IMHO.

Now, back to the show! :D

9. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

dick Vandyke

10. He was Connie Francis' boyfriend but her dad wouldn't let her marry him; he married Sandra Dee. IMO, Great taste in women :), very poor taste in custom cars :eek: Oh and, I think he had a few hit records along the way too.

11. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

a class mate of mines father was there that day and was part of the clean up crew that removed the wreckage from the field. I held a piece of the airframe to this airship in school I'm sure one of his family still has that foot long chunk of the Hindenberg

12. Much to see in this picture! I just noticed the wire holding the doors shut....What is that in foreground to the right,? Is that a steering box and column?

13. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

it looks like a young bert convy to me!

14. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

How about a driving plane? :D Valdosta, GA 1950:
    [​IMG]
    Idea was to be able to be able to drive home from the airport, rather than basic transportation.

15. redsdad

redsdad

Based on some of the posts not sure if this thread should be called Vintage Shots or Vintage Whines.

Attached Files:

16. swi66

swi66

17. swi66

swi66

18. There is not a better source on the Internet for finding interesting photos from the old days than the VSFDGB thread on The H.A.M.B. Kudos to the many great posters who must spend an incredible number of hours searching for the wonderful selection of images appearing here. It's for sure that they occupy a goodly amount of our spare time while we view them.

I'm simply not willing to put that much effort into finding this stuff myself - it's much easier for me to come to this thread and a few others and entertain myself by enjoying the fruits of someone else's work. A fair percentage of what I see on here winds up on the hard drive of my computer in a screen-saver file.

I'm not a big fan of airplanes, comic book images, movie posters and such. Even though I like the cheesecake images, I sometimes feel there might be so many that things start to get off track a little. But, I like the fact that the thread keeps going and so much quality material keeps appearing. So, I keep my mouth shut about what I don't like - I scroll past it.

Since I'm not willing to put so much effort into finding great images to post, I figure the next best thing is to support The H.A.M.B. by becoming an Alliance member. Honestly, it's some of the best money I've ever spent. I don't know where else I can get a greater amount of entertainment value for my dollar.

So, post whatever turns your crank as long as it's H.A.M.B. friendly. I appreciate those who put forth so much effort into reminding us how things used to look.

19. swi66

swi66

20. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

I do not believe there could be an uglier car out there anywhere!

Larry

21. swi66

swi66

22. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

23. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

24. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

25. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

OK, how about filling in the rest of us? I'm missing something and haven't got a clue.

26. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

27. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

28. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US