Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Studebaker Guys on the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodysrods, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

I am on SDC..
    "parts"

In Vail AZ by the 1880s post office train stop..
    [​IMG]

2. rixrex

rixrex

Latest find is a 60s 289 with Edelbrock dress-up stuff and McCullough SC going to stuff it into the 55 Conestoga two-door wagon I found in Manor Tx. found the engine in LaVernia Tx.(Thanks Reuben)..the old 53 (Redd Volkearts old ride) has been completely massaged and smoothed(Thanks to Rob Bissell, a metal magician) ready for Enrique to paint (hear that Enrique? I've decided to trade you my 39 Chevy for one of your killer paint jobs)..The 48 three window and the 51 Starlight are jus waitin their time will come..Pipe dream for the Avanti II is a 383 stroker, look out it could run in Street Stock..Lets see, I need an early 50s truck and a 41 Coupe to round off the collection..Thats all the latest news in my Studebaker barn

3. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Very nice photo. I say that as someone who doesn't care for red cars or for dual headlight Studes. ;)

It looks lowered.

4. Merki

Merki
    from Calgary

Here is my Studebaker. It is a 1925 or 26 ER Standard Six Duplex Roadster Coupe. It was made in Canada and has the second version of the dash board. Not much remained when I bought it. I will either restore it or hot rod it. Depends on what I am able to locate in the next year or so, parts wise

Attached Files:

5. C'mon Leo, you know you want it bad........

6. Here are some pics of my Studebakers…
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

never seen skirts on a Lark. Really dig it. Always thought about putting them on a Lark Wagon

8. Zerk

Zerk

That '64 hardtop is a beauty! Any interior/dashboard pics?

9. wheelwell openings are different on a lark wagon. very hard to find skirts for those.

10. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Love that camper ! :d

11. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Nah. It is nice looking, but I'll stick with my 1st Gen Lark style. The 66s are nice looking too.

12. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

I'm pretty sure wagon skirts need to be fabricated. IIRC, you could cut and stretch a sedan skirt to fit, but that's the simplest fab I've read about. I've looked into them a little for mine. I'd love to do something like that, but there are other things in line first.

If money was no object, well....

13. sweetdick2

sweetdick2
    from new jersey

THIS is my favorite Stude of all time! It still exists, I would mortgage the ranch for this one

Attached Files:

14. diamond dave

diamond dave

just to let some of you stude guys know that I put my 57 commander 2 door up for sale today on ebay. also available up on here. contact me if youre interested. thanks.

15. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I believe the bodies were pretty much the same from 1947 through 1952. The front ends were different but they all had pretty much the same body. They also changed the rear fenders in 1950.

16. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

BN is correct.

Cliff notes version:

47 -> 52 bodies (styles) are the same. [Starlight coupe, business coupe, convert, 2dr, 4dr. etc.].

47->50 front ends interchange as a whole clip, 'twixt each Champion & Commander models, but not across each other.

51 -> 52 front ends interchange as a whole clip between & across Champion & Commander models.

Possibly/probably: (I have not checked this one out) the front fenders on the 51 & 52 are the same, w/an overlay for 52. Hoods are not the same.

Rear fenders interchange 'twixt each type of the 47->52 body styles easily (coupes, convert & 2dr, + then 4drs & Land Cruiser) , possibly not perfectly, but to minor fitment issues, & of course, taillight orientation(s).

Doors & trunks should interchange between same body style of 47 -> 52.

Dashes (complete) should interchange between any body style. Note: gauge & switch placement differences.

Frames should interchange along each of the family models as front clips do.

47 -> 50 Champions had one wheelbase, + same front suspension.
    47 - > 50 Commanders had another wheelbase, + a unique front suspension.
    51 -> 52 Champions & Commanders had the same wheelbase (different than 47->50), + the same suspension. ( & the same as the 53 -> 64 Stude cars.
    (Off the top of my head, I can't remember the wb of each, but the 51/52 is ~ 2" longer than the 47->50 Champ & ~ 2" shorter than the 47->50 Commander)

Except:

the Land Cruiser. They had 4" extra length in the rear doors. So frames & bodies would be limited to the same year-blocks as the front fender clips mentioned, +, the models.

Champ 6 cyl will interchange twixt 47->52, & then some, forward & back. Though minor differences exist.
    Commander 6 cyl will interchange twixt 47-> 50, & prior to 47, some minor differences.
    Commander V-8 will exchange from 51-> 64. Externally same.

HTH.

Marcus...

17. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Thanks for the great info Marcus. According to the info I collected for this page on my Bullet Nose Paradise website that compares the 50 and 51 models, the wheelbase on the 51 Champ was 2" longer than the 50 and the 51 Commander was 5" shorter than the 50. In 1951 the Champions and Commanders shared the same 115" wheelbase chassis.

18. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hmmm... Looks like I remembered wrong, & wanted to double check anyways, to make sure the info got right, one way or another. It's just a wee bit more complicated... :D .

Had time to grab some Stude info books.

So, the moral of this story is: Life w/Studes is *never* dull. :D .

AKA

* GO BY THE YEAR & WB FOR SWAPPING FRONT CLIPS & FRAMES. * (Not shouting, just to get your attention). The bodies from the firewall back are still the same, w/in each sub-category (coupe, bus/cpe, conv, 2dr, 4dr, L.C., etc).

47->49 Champion wb: 112"
    50 Champion wb: 113"
    51->52 Champion wb: 115"

47->49 Commander wb: 119"
    50 Commander wb: 120"
    51->52 Commander wb: 115"

47->49 Land Cruiser wb: 123"
    50 Land Cruiser wb: 124"
    51-52 Land Cruiser wb: 119"

HTH.

Marcus...

19. Visions

Visions

Hey all. Spokane, WA here and I recently aquired the back-half of a body for a 1927 Stude Victoria Coupe. Real rough but I think real rare too. Any info, parts, advice, shoulder to cry on :), would be appreciated. Im basically starting from nothing with a big hill to climb. Would we want it any other way? :)
    hope to talk to you guys soon!

20. not an real owner, but I found this '38 Stude Dictator steering wheel I am planning to use on my Model A after it is restored a bit. Anyone have horn button parts?

[​IMG]

21. Here's my heap....49 Pickup...on shortened s10 chassis, took 4.5" out of the front of the bed, 5.3ls turbo,wilwoods, 5 link and a bunch of suspension parts, coil overs, etc...will be my daily once I'm home from deployment and finish it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

little red 50, exterminator and Merki like this.
  22. Jcox68rt

Jcox68rt

NegativeMatt, that truck is BADASS! I'm building one as well, so I'm in need of knowing what that bumper is made from? Thanks in advance!

23. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Here is my off topic offering...

49 stude on a 99 dakota rt firewall, floor, complete chassis. 5.9, nv3500. Should have this ready for the road by spring.

Attached Files:

24. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

More...

Attached Files:

25. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Yet more

Attached Files:

26. Eagle, that is a nice looking truck. What wheelbase dakota chassis?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  27. sedan33

sedan33

Not really a stude owner but this is what powers my 33 Ford (only Stude owners know what this is). The SDC forum was a wealth of info.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    Merki likes this.
  28. Jcox68rt

Jcox68rt

Here is mine as it sits today it's a 51 chassis with a 55 cab, 54 olds 9.3" rear, 64 Cadi th400, & a 59 Cadi 390

[​IMG]

29. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Its the short wheelbase, 112"

30. newredporch

newredporch
    from pittsburgh

I love my M5. I drive it every chance I get. Check out my album. It has build pictures. God bless the Studebaker guys.