Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwalker

starwalker

[​IMG]

Kaw City, Oklahoma.

2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Missing the pin-ups...SouthUrn!

3. AKA Doodlebugers

4. Look!! A UFO!!!!:eek:

5. [​IMG]
    Does that say fifteen thousand mile engine guarantee on the hood ? Not very proud of their masterpiece, are they ?

6. lewislynn

lewislynn

It doesn't seem that long ago (my 85 GMC for example) that you only got 12 month 12,000 mi factory warrantee...especially on trucks.

You can thank competition from foreign manufactureres for the improvement in american quality

7. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

I am thinking that in the mid-20's 15k miles was not bad. Unless I am mistaken these cars usually did not have pressure oilling, far worse gas, oil, etc than the last 50 years.

8. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Raceron, would it be OK if I post this one on a B-17 forum I'm on? Likely it was a general's personal transport.

9. 63 Safari

63 Safari
    from Central VA

Made you look didn't it? Art Fitzpatrick, the artist, is still alive and has written about it. Google machine will fill in the details.

10. Sure, it's okay with me. Most images I post are public domain & available on the internet thru various, numerous sites.

If you find any additional info on that plane, please update here? Thx

11. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

[​IMG]

USS Missouri (BB-63) in the Miraflores Locks, Panama Canal, 13 October 1945, while en route from the Pacific to New York City to take part in Navy Day celebrations. Note the close fit of the ship in the locks. The beam of battleships of this era was determined by Panama Canal lock dimensions. Specifically, the locks are 110 feet wide, and the beam of the vessels are 108 feet and some inches, leaving about 8 inches of clearance, per side.

12. Went on a cruise to Cartagena Columbia in 97. Our cruise ship went into the locks on the Atlantic side, turned around in the lake and exited back out.
    One of the most fun days on the cruise. Lots of history here.

13. 4everblue

4everblue

One big killer was the dust off the roads. The air filters were too primitive.

14. Automobile Shippers Incorporated Moving the Metal: As highways began to improve in the 1920′s and 30′s, it became more viable to ship cars from the factory directly to dealers by truck rather than by rail as had been the custom. Detroit businessman Eugene Casaroll was one of the first to recognize this opportunity and a number of his rigs can be seen a post we have up on early car haulers on The Old Motor.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

My first car was a '47 Chrysler Windsor like the one on the rear of the trailer, got it from my brother for the $20 he owed me. Sure would like to own that Business Coupe on top.

15. swi66

swi66

16. swi66

swi66

17. agreed

18. OKG853

OKG853
    from Indiana

Could this be the late Bert Convy? Seems like a promo he would have done.

19. OKG853

OKG853
    from Indiana

Love this! A B-36B on the deck in Galveston, TX. A few are going to need a change of shorts in a few seconds!

20. [​IMG]
    Could be Soupy Sales ?

21. OKG853

OKG853
    from Indiana

Of course, that's James Dean pushing his cousin Marcus at the Winslow farm. Probably February 1955. His last (live) trip back to Fairmount, IN. I bicycle by the farm frequently. It is a more beautiful home today and Marcus & family still lives there.

22. Nope! Bert Convy.

23. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

24. Not.

25. Here's one for ya to look up Doc!

[​IMG]

(but then, maybe you won't have to - you're the prof on this vintage tin ;) )

26. This might be a different shot of the same B17 I posted a few days ago.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.