Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stars in the rqating slot

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by TANNERGANG, Dec 26, 2013.

1. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

What does the stars represent in the classified section.......their is 5 stars and sometime they aare all colored in and somethimes just a couple are colored......bring this old man up to todays computer standards..............

2. If you click on the "rate thread" heading in the red banner at the top of this thread you can rate the thread from terrible to excellent.

3. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Thanks....us Old Guys can still learn something new every day

4. Some of the more narcissistic members rate their own threads........which I find amusing and kind of sad.

5. And others have a one star personal vendetta for a preconceived notion of a past transgression.:rolleyes:

Prime example...I posted this earlier today about my daughter being severely injured in a wreck..I'm sure if I had posted a death in my family I feel certain my nemesis would still anoint me his beloved one star rating.

The star ratings are better suited for children in kindergarten than a traditional hot rod site. HRP

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853864

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  6. While normally I find it amusing to see you get upset over the star thing HRP, I personally, thought whoever rated that a single star should be shot, that was pure BS for someone to do. Everyone on the Hamb may have difference of oppinions (and god knows yours and mine often clash), but I feel this IS a brotherhood and AT LEAST the basic human respect should be shown.

Now to the OP, the stars are meaningless and useless, dont sweat them. Ive seen great threads with one star, and crappy threads with 5 stars. Ive yet to figure out any rhyme or reason to them.

7. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Anything off topic should be deleted. This isn't Face Book or Dear Abbey. I don't think it is a personal vendetta at all. Some posts just suck, and have nothing to do with this site.