Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. spankster

spankster

I saw this a few weeks ago. I remember this car from back when I was in High School from '76-'80. This car used to sit at an abandoned service station near school. I wondered what happened to it. unnamed (36).jpg

unnamed (35).jpg

2. spankster

spankster

These were there too unnamed (37).jpg

unnamed (38).jpg

unnamed (39).jpg

3. Still looks like a decent project car. Nows your chance.

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Attached Files:

5. Is it at your house, yet??

6. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

That's BS. These were at auction and all it takes is bidding enough to buy one. If you have to outbid the scrap man and don't then there cant be a bitch.either pay up or shut up.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. 327Eric

327Eric

There is absolutely no shortage of project cars of any Era. The good ones may be gone, or whats left may be rougher than we want to deal with, but you can't save them all. I've tried, and it wasn't worth the headache. all we can do is pass the info forward.

8. spankster

spankster

I've always liked that Plymouth Business Coupe. I think it's a '50 model. It's not For Sale, at the moment, but I'll try to convince him he can't fix all the projects he has. Maybe I can finally get it in the near future. I've only been wanting it for about 37 years now.

9. PartsDawg and Studebaker Eric....your so right on....they're there all it takes is money....gone are the days of free....

10. 58 Yeoman....your right....enlarged it......

11. 37 years is a long time! I have always liked the Biddness Coupe.

12. spankster

spankster

What's amazing is, the old Business Coupe still looks about the same as it did when I was in High School. just a little more surface rust.

13. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

that buick hardtop would be alot cooler than the coop to have

14. Yea, if I had a penny for every car that the owner refuses to sell or wants an insane amount for (same thing in my book) but will let it slowly rust in to a pile -I would be a very rich man.

We humans are a strange lot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ^^I'd rather see a car rot than have it be turned into something like that.^^

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  16. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Just found these online.

2 door Kaiser!

[​IMG]

56 Monarch.

[​IMG]

17. This 'T' was sitting near my place. Then one day just disappeared. Hope someone saved it.

Attached Files:

18. In Fort Stockton , Oddesa ,Crane ,Texas ranch's ...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

19. Man the T coupe and A pickup are real cool. JW

20. No the 57 wagon was spared! fortunately it was bought I think it brought about 500.00 or so I believe it went to Indiana, There were maybe 3 or 4 out of state buyers there, but yes it is up to the auction company to get the word out to get the buyers there. Look what Vanderbrink auction comp. did with the Lambrecht sale up in Pierce, Ne. 20,000 some people it was madness.

I was very sick to my stomach watching all those get crushed as well! but i did all i could do i was low on funds and no empty space at my shop plus it takes a lot of time to deal with them. So that's why most people don't bother it take a lot of effort & time.

21. Does anybody know anybody that made it the Lambrecht sale?

22. blacknblue

blacknblue
    from utah

Found this one last week. Now trying to find out who owns it.

Attached Files:

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  23. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Looks like a 35 Terraplane!

24. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

I was thinking '34, but yeah, definitely a Terraplane

25. blacknblue

blacknblue
    from utah

There are two sheds that are near the body. I hope the rest of the car is in the sheds.

26. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

if the person who bought the olds fiesta wagon is on here or anyone else who is looking for parts for same i know where there is one . looks complete but is probably only good for parts it is in .n.w. pa.

27. "Found this one last week. Now trying to find out who owns it. "
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>[​IMG]
    </FIELDSET>
    - looks like it's in a fenced in yard....somebody own's it....

28. There's a guy near here that has taken one of these wagons and a two door hard top...you know the story. He put the quarters, doors and everything of the donor onto the wagon to make a two door hard top wagon.