Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. DFW31

DFW31
    from Texas

Friday bumpage?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Only had time for two variations. Chrome and Body color… hope you like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Nice job, Moose!

Sent from the pits of dispair. Wirelessly, of course.

5. sastchimo

sastchimo

Thanks alot, MoparJoe!!! After re-reading my request, I guess what I meant to say was to delete the background color of the bumper/grill pics, not wanting an "orange-flavored" chrome color. :confused:

If you or someone else, could please show me those chrome grill/bumper in white paint/powdercoated, also include the painted covers behind the headlights too(version 1); see example of red/white truck.

and also a brushed stainless steel option like with the metal treatment like in 3rd photo (version 2); see example of yellow truck.

Lastly, using the grey paint/powder of the green/grey truck. (version 3)

I would be greatly apppreciated!

Thanks!!!:cool:

Attached Files:

6. BFMC14

BFMC14

Not sure why I got skipped, I'll try one more time I guess... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1387635037.289403.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1387635072.056402.jpg

7. daddio211

daddio211

It's not about being skipped, it's about guys volunteering their precious time to help others. They pick and choose what they want and what they have time for. Sometimes guys will wait weeks, and sometimes nobody will take on the project because it doesn't interest them.

My '27 T Roadster build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 734383

8. DFW31

DFW31
    from Texas

Thanks moose! Can I get a version in black paint? Sorry for asking so much

9. I think people see how quickly some things get done and assume that everything takes 30 minutes to do. I took, what, 5-6 hours to do all the cutting, masking, fixing the boo-boos in your paint, smoothing, and I still didn't have time to do the whitewalls (how big do you want?).

White:
    [​IMG]

10. I'm not sure what "Kelly Green" means to you, 'cause I found a couple of different versions on the web called that color.
    [​IMG]

11. Black (I also ordered a brand new shiny rear bumper for ya!):
    [​IMG]

12. nali

nali

I need help !
    I made a Gimp for a guy on another forum. I m quite a newby about image manipulation.
    So I have 2 questions :

1/ The problem I have is the original paint is flat, so my result is also flat.
    Does anyone have a link for documentation to make it a bit more shinny ?
    It seems I m not the only one with this problem :)

2/ A bit technical .... when I need to make a brown car, I change the layer to grey, then colorize, and play with Hue - Saturation to adjust the final color. Which color to colorize first ? Is it a correct method ? I have a lot of difficulty to get the color I want ...

Thanks a lot.
    PS : I use The Gimp 2.8.6

[​IMG]

13. BFMC14

BFMC14

Your right...sorry, wrong choice of words on my part. It's hard to show sarcasm/emotion thru word text for me sometimes!

14. BFMC14

BFMC14

Thank you so much! You are right, I know nothing about Photoshop and honestly assumed it was just a matter of clicks... My apologies for coming off pushy. They look awesome... Don't worry about the white walls I have a good visualization now! Thanks again.

15. nali

nali

I confirm. It takes hours !!!
    Unless for some talented guys who do it on a lunch time.
    I hate them ..... :)

16. Ha! :D :D

17. What if you...

Attached Files:

18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Yup, some stuff can be done fairly quickly, others take lots more time. My '59 "TeeChero" p'shop, (two pages back, post # 12945) took about 6 or 7 hours and all I did was move a few things around and fill in. I started out like most others, got the free 30 day trial and went from there.

19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

1) Try to find similar cars on the Internet with similar angles etc. You may be able to draw it in. I maintain an archive of various photos for that reason.
    2)Damifino. I've gotten lucky a couple of times doing similar things that you did.:D

20. nali

nali

I think I spend 5 hours for the Pontiac 36 above. And about 20 hours for my own Buick project :p
    It seems so easy ..

21. nali

nali

1/ Beeep !!! too easy :p

22. BFMC14

BFMC14

Nice! Trust me, I want to chop the top (at least I think that's what you did) for sure! I just don't trust my skill set... So far everything I've done to the car (V8 swap, tranny, driveline, rear end, front end, other misc things) I've done myself. But when comes to cutting and welding.... Not to sure. A guy quoted me 5 grand to do it, don't have that kinda money either...

23. [​IMG]

24. DFW31

DFW31
    from Texas

Thanks man! Looks good

25. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

I think that car looks sweet un-chopped.....just needs a few, mild custom touches ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  26. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Very nice Ruben.
    Don't forget BFMC14, you can also go the rear blinds and front visor route for the hiding the interior direction too.

27. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

This green chevy is great. You guys are good.

28. BFMC14

BFMC14

Wow! Never even imagined it like that... You guys are extremely talented! It looks awesome, thank you for the ideas!

29. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

And what color green is this? looks really good on that car.How do you put the reflections in it?