Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. And pull in the plymouth so we can get the front end on so you can start driving it so you have a roof over your head.

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nothing earth shaking today, but I am alive and feeling better, so I jumped in the 'Bucket and rolled up to the store so I can surprise Judy with blueberry muffins in the morning. The proper ingredients procured, instead of coming straight home and Nyquilling up one last time, I took a couple mile solo cruise through downtown Phoenix and looked at Christmas lights... Damn I love this little car, and Damn I love my home town!!!

3. Isn't that awesome.....a free spirit rumbling around a town he loves just taking in the sights and sounds in a open car he loves driving..... Merry Christmas my friend....
    Mark, Whiplash.

4. daddio211

daddio211

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

6. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Feel better Fast!!!
    Time of year and the lites are cool,my son n I took his T-bucket,we had a show Miami Springs last weekend were we all bring along a new toy for the kids,thats the only fee.:D Closist is Mark's 32,then my son's 23T "Pandora",with Rosh's 23T beside us. HO HO HO
    Yup, it was a threeway tie for BEST DECORATED VEHICLE,nice little trophys.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Been feeling better, but busy as hell gang. It seems like I haven't stopped running since late last week. I have the tank ready to go into the car, just waiting on it's final washout, and have been busy messing with mundane stuff like wiring and such. I finished out Roy's touring chassis last week, hit So-Cal's monthly swap Saturday, along with helping fellow H.A.M.B.er Nick Flores move, (using nothing but vintage cars!) and helped a buddy identify lots of cool stuff in a trailer load of car stuff he bought...

8. jalopy45

jalopy45

Here's a rad cap topper from the 50's, [​IMG]

9. daddio211

daddio211

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I LOVE those devils! Always have. I had one for my Model "A" coupe, but let it go in the sale of that car last year... Dumb!

I sure am diggin' my elephant though!

11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Cool! I have to assume at least one person took some photos of the "period correct" moving? That I'd like to see!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sad part is, none of us did until we realized later. It was just another day to all of us, as the group that was together all drive nothing but vintage stuff as dailies. Hell, none of us even own a late model. "Gasser Steve", "Bodi", "Nick Flores" and I were the culprits, and the trucks were Steve's '47 Chev, Bodi's '64 Chev, and Nick's '63 Ford. I hopped in Nick's untested, recently acquired '64 Comet and drove it halfway across town on the return trip ('bout 25 miles). We figure that was the furthest the car had been driven in well over a decade. Felt damn good to be driving this shaggy, completely unknown car through one of the worst Barrios you can imagine and look out and see the soft glow of Steve's 6v headlights behind me, and Bodi's yellow driving lights behind that, all the while following a heavily laden '63 Ford out front.

13. :Dwth....... are you guys on christmas vacation already, thread was buried 13 pages deep:eek:..you guys are lagging....need input...

When did coloured high tension leads come into vogue?

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sorry 'bout that gang! Been busy busy the last few days, and I thought I was all better from my cold last week, but after a 40degree morning ride to So-Cal on Saturday and working all day Sunday and Monday I finally had to admit I was not feeling well again. I got back out today and washed out the new gas tank this morning, and went and grabbed some hardware today and if all goes right I'll have the new tank mounted filled and finished tomorrow afternoon. Then I'll catch up on posting stuff...

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ha progress!!!!

Took a bit of time today and fitted and installed the new gas tank today! A bit of fitting, a bit of drilling, a bit of fiddlin' and it's in place and bitchin'!!! THANK YOU AGAIN HALIBRAND STEVE FOR THE CAP AND NECK, THERE IS NO WAY TO THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!! Without further ado, and let's face it, very little prior ado, some pictures...

Attached Files:

brEad likes this.
  17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Judy got her request for just enough room for a couple of pairs of shoes...

18. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

And that is about ALL!!!!!

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey! I've got my jumper cables stashed too...

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks like a perfect fit.

21. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Looks great Chip. I worry about that cap's security - it's so nice and could be in someone's pocket in a few seconds. Sadly, it's probably most vulnerable at rod runs and the like. See if you can find a way of locking it.

If you put a small metal loop on the back of the bucket body or the top of the bed you'll have a place to run a thin cable through. That thin cable (maybe like a cheap bicycle lock) would also go through one of the gas cap ears and keep it from being stolen - or at least slow them down.

22. looks good. Tell Judy shoes are overrated!!!!!

23. Heck mate, there will be no stopping you and Judy now, with the increase size of fuel holder inner you should be able to visit the next suburb over or even plan on an across town visit ! Yeah, I know, smart asses from Kiwi land aye.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It's going to be difficult to come up a way to secure it, that doesn't look like crap or an after thought. I went through that with my steering wheel and finally just committed to keeping an eye on my car, where ever I go.

25. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

And a little more UGLY gone!

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That's dangerous talk sir! Remember Imelda Marcos? Ya, well she aint got nothin' on miss Judy Chan! When she moved in I had a large walk in closet and having come off of a corporate career was a bit of a cloths horse... Now my 4 pairs of jeans sit on a dresser out in the same room as the dog's bowls....

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn, just got in from our monthly third Thursday H.A.M.B. eat & greet deal at Rosita's on McDowell... Damn that some good Mezcun food! 'Course, driving there in a 55 degree downpour was an experience, but that sort of thing is to be expected. Nick Flores came in and said, "Judging by the blue tarp out there, either Chip is here in the bucket, or a homeless guy is protecting his shopping cart!" Kinda the same thing...

28. Chip, it looks great! Glad to see it getting used as I had intended when I had it machined up. BTW, I'll be running it's mate when I get around to piecing my next ride together - I just need the same vent!

Steve

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

P.M. your address to me again and I'll send you a couple of them! It isn't much, but I have them...

30. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

I agree it will be hard, maybe impossible for it to be done well. And also agree better to not do it than do it ugly. But that cap is pretty attractive to a low-life scumbucket thief at a rod show. I've read and heard too many stories of things disappearing at shows and hotel parking lots near shows.

The cleanest way I can think of is a thin cable with a small loop on one end and a strong/hard T on the other. The T part is just big enough to not fit thru one of the slots in the cap, but hopefully would fit into a slot and mostly fade away visually. The loop end would fit thru the slot, and goes into the bed (or bucket?) where a small padlock secures it.

Just brainstorming really. Since the bucket is being de-uglyfied, we don't want to add back any ugly.