Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-1960 Dodge/Fargo/DeSoto Truck only picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemiken, Nov 14, 2012.

1. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Ditto on the steering...I purchased bearing and bushings, etc from Dennis Carpenter in Concord, NC to rebuild mine. Carpenter provides stuff for the F-100's and the steering box in my Dodge is a "Gemmer" the same as what was used in the Ford's. My worm and sector gears are worn though and the rebuilt helped some, but I still have some play...just not as much. I also would like to go the ifs route...just need to save so $$$$.
    Steve-

2. I have a couple of spare 56 boxes I'm not sure if they are the same I cut the shaft about a foot from the box welded in a plug in side the hollow column and ground the shafts down to a double D. I can send you one if you are interested PM me

3. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

Finally getting around to getting it together. Still some work to do. New radiator on the way. New spark plug wires this weekend. But you get the idea.

Attached Files:

4. That looks Amazing!! I can't wait to see it in person we will have to get together after the Holidays

5. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

That looks Sweet! I have always wanted to do something like this but I've never been a big fan of the little air filters I think it would be cool to machine up a matching single air filter to match the valve covers. looks awesome though very clean! ;)

6. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

I can't believe that I just found this thread!
    I was searching the internet for information on a Desoto COE and stumbled across it.
    This is my 1956 Desoto UTE Only made in 1956 and 57 (mine could be a 57?) and only made in Australia.
    [​IMG]
    I imported it from Australia years ago along with a Plymouth UTE of the same era.
    [​IMG]
    I have since sold the Plymouth to another guy here in Iowa.
    Both are based off 1954 American Plymouth sedan bodies with Convertible X frames for off road rigidity and 16 inch 6-ply Tyres
    Both are very rare in Australia! I know of three Plymouths here in the states but I believe my Desoto is the only one here?

7. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

I have always had a soft spot for Panel trucks.
    Sure wish I could find this one and talk the owner into selling it.
    [​IMG]

8. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

I had a 1957 Dodge Panel truck yeas ago and a 383 waiting to be dropped in but I ended up selling it to a banker in Kansas.
    Everyone one is familiar with the 57-59 Dodge sweptside trucks?
    A couple Fargo Sweptsides that were badge engineered for the Canadian market have shown up but I have yet to see one of the 1957 Desoto Sweptsides made for export market show up.
    I would have to mortgage the house if I found one but it would be worth it!
    Unlike the Dodge and Fargo versions the Desoto used 1956 Plymouth two door wagon rear fenders and 52-53 era Passenger hubcaps.
    [​IMG]

9. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

1956-57 Era Australian dealership lot.
    Note the Desoto UT second row 4th from the left?
    Lots of panels and trucks too.
    [​IMG]

10. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

And here is a mixed bag of tricks with lots of Desoto truck related images.
    I even tossed in one of the 70s Turkish trucks that looks like it was done in High school shop class.

Attached Files: