Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Kent Fuller Top Fueler Recreated

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by riceman, Apr 22, 2011.

1. av8

av8

I showed your pictures to Fuller and he says it is definitely not one of his chassis.

Mike

2. Thanx man-Well I suppose that's 'nuf said! Im glad to find someone who actually knows Fuller personally- Any ideas on who made close knock offs from that era? Its got several era correct parts-ross steering, vw torsion bar-the front ens looks absolutely identicl from my research-just trying to trace history on it-fuller chassis or not I wanna hunt down its past if even possible-thaks again for showing him my pics

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

When IVO left Fuller, he started building his own chassies with Rod Peppmuller, everybody was copying Fuller at the time, Stuckey was another builder with a simular chassie.

Trying to find ownership/history will be hard , not many odd trinkets to identify.I have been looking for history on this car for years and still nothing. before and after

Attached Files:

4. Well I certainly appreciate the unput-iv been poking around web looking for correct running gear for this beast-guess without having any history a guy can make it however he wants! Would love to go blown nailhead with full body work or even a t body much like Tony Nancy's red one-who knows! I have a'68 chevy cabover van I was gonna track down a era correct trailer and make the whole dang package-I think that would be cool-once again thanx for the input!

5. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

An era correct trailer is one that you build yourself. Three things you need to start looking for now are rear brakes (disc or drum) clutch can, money, everything else can be found, made or bought without too much trouble.

6. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Without any history, I wouldn't worry about anyone getting upset about changes in the car. Build it as you would like and enjoy it. Modified roadster style with a T-bucket or comp coupe are high on my list.

7. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

But the effort should be made getting the correct period parts and not shopping at summit or jegs

8. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Agreed on that point. Just unspoken.

9. I would never "butcher" an artifact with summit or jegs haha- that's why restoring is only for the pros- I have no intention of racing it- just trying to pay respects to the slingshot gods!

10. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

X 2 way too cool to have anything modern even setting near by.

11. Yea if a build can't be done correctly, it shouldn't even be attempted- the name of my bike shop is "VINTAGE TECHNOLOGIES" for a reason! Nothing worse than having someone add or subtract from era correct- no matter what it is. Iv never attempted to restore a '60's dragster so ill be on the hunt for someone who's been looking for one to give 'er what she deserves, until then. ....maybe back in the rafters for another thirty years!! I won't let it go to the wrong home.

Attached Files:

12. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I've never met you but reading this I know we would get along fine. Thank's for helping to preserve history.

13. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Google my name to get an understanding of who I am
    BRUCE DYDA

14. That's what its all about! -hey anyone know if tony nancy tagged or badged his seat skins in any way? The seat is by far the nicest compont on this car as far as condition goes

15. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

There should be a 2" tall seahorse sewn in just above or between the holes for the shoulder straps

[​IMG]

16. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

17. Thanx

18. Holy Thread Hi-Jack Batman!

Vintages technologi -

Since it has been established (by Kent Fuller himself) that your dragster is NOT a Fuller chassis, it would be proper HAMB etiquette to just start your own build thread ... and stop hi-jacking Roger (riceman) Lee's thread about his bitchin' Masters & Richter Top Fuel dragster re-creation.

19. Agreed. This is Roger's thread. Let's keep it that way.

20. riceman

riceman

Sorry , not a Kent Fuller chassis.