Register now to get rid of these ads!

this is what i heard about Brookville Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36-3window, Feb 10, 2004.

1. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

WOW!!! I can't believe this has gone on as long as it has without me noticing. There has been some real good discussion about the pros and cons of steel vs fiberglass, real vs reproduction. In defense of Brookville, I've been going to their shop when it was just a small storefront in Brookville, Ohio. They were making patchpanels for Model A's and the place was so crowded the workers were rubbing asses to get the work done. Ray Galahan had just gotten the business off the ground and was putting everything he could back into the business. He was buying old Ford Bodys and rebuilding them, selling then and buying more. He had 3 REAL '32 roadster bodys at the time and he was asking 4,500 for them after he had rebuilt them.
    As time went on he finished the dies for the Model A bodys and started selling them. When he started the '32 roadster he built one die at a time as he could afford them and finally ended up with enough parts to build the complete body. This my friends is the old fashion way of building a business. They had to sell (if memory serves me right) over 100 '32 bodys just to get back the money they spent on dies. Any body else here want to take that kind of project on? Didn't think so. I have been more than happy to pay them for the 2 '32 roadster bodies I've bought from them (one assembled by them which I've sold and one in pieces to add to my collection of someday projects). The prices they ask for their products are MORE than fair when you take into consideration their investment.
    If they are going to build a '32 3w you can bet it will be as close a reproduction to the real thing you will be able to find. Thats a statement that can't be said for the Hot Rods and Horsepower '32 for $18,000. Personally I'd like to see them do a "32 5w. I've got a real nice origional and it wouldn't bother me a bit if they did.
    Enough rambling about a good company run by good people who step up to the plate so people like us can play.

Frank

2. HotRod-1

HotRod-1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, Hatch is right on, buy what we can hardly afford, then go from there. I can visualize a 32 Brookville in my garage at this very moment.

3. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Wow. That's what I call a little late to the party :rolleyes:

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

He's an FNG. They join, find the oldest thread and bring it to life.

5. geoking

geoking

6. wow...almost a 10 year old thread i started.

i think this is all old news now

7. He may be a fng but he has been here almost 2 years. HRP

8. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Fixed it :D

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Well, it just takes some people longer to get a thought out than others ! :D:D

Don

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'd like to buy a vowel please

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Your right.:D HRP