Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chineese Tyrod ends junk

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48bill, Dec 16, 2013.

1. 48bill

48bill

We just replaced the outer tyrod ends on the T Bird rack on the Mustang II front end in my 48 F-1. They were new 3,000 miles ago when the front end was installed. They were made in China junk from either Speedway or the local AUTOZONE. My friend who installed the MII front end did not remember from where and he bought them as he has purchased from both places. They were definately new as I recall installing and masking the grease fittings prior to painting.

If you've used this stuff check it frequently. Another friend bought his outer tyrod ends from Heidts last spring and one was junk out of the box. Came apart in his hand. The other one was loose after 25 miles from his house to the upholstery shop and back. Yes 25 miles. More junk.

Replaced mine with Federal Mogul outer tyrod ends made in the USA. They were $23.00 each as opposed to $13.99 at SPEEDWAY. $18.02 IS CHEAP INSURANCE

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Be sure to call, Heidts, Speedway or Autozone. People get shitty parts, bitch and throw them away. If you don't let the companies know what's going on, it doesn't help the situation.

3. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

I absolutely agree. When there is a sub-standard part in their inventory they need...and want...to know. It's important to give information along with your contact. Don't bitch, be nice. You'd be surprised how well these things are resolved. It's not like any of these suppliers actually use every product they sell. Usually, they are thankful for the feedback.

4. greazy john

greazy john

You would think that you would know where you or your friend bought parts at. don't bash if you don't where parts are from... and i agree with above post.

5. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Remember not too long ago some Chinese CEO's were executed for allowing bad products to be sold to American companies and "bringing disgrace" ? Let the Vendor you bought it from know about it! Things are different in America CEO's get replaced and draw multi-million dollar pensions and severance pay for screwing up :(

6. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

do you have the p/n?

Thanks for the tip - will get a set pronto