Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sundays modelcars 12/15/13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by halfasskustoms, Dec 15, 2013.

1. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Another week gone,

How's the model cars coming along. Lets see them.

2. fordcpe

fordcpe

Its starting off slow but I will try.Not doing much but playing with ideas for a ramp truck.Darrell

Attached Files:

3. Old Coyote

Old Coyote

The Pisano Brothers '69 Corvair flopper ........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Old Coyote

Old Coyote

... the Kellogg's K-Sentials Monte Carlo ..... owned by Rick Hendrick and driven by Terry Labonte .......... winner of the 1999 Winston All-Star race

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. rc57

rc57

Nice work so far.

6. hazegry

hazegry
    from VA

Cool I knew about the friday art show but never saw the model car show before nice work guys.

7. Deuces

Deuces

That's the bomb.....:):):)

8. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Me and my stepson building an ed roth 57 chevy.

I got him to build a 63 vette...

Hes 5, finally got him away from the tv and hes having a blast.

He did all the painting

Attached Files:

9. This is a 1/48 Scale 1942 Ford Fordor on a diorama board with a 1/48 Scale Douglas C-47B Skytrain.

Attached Files:

10. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

The amount of talent here is always nice to see.

11. The yellow steering wheel is the one that comes with the Monogram 1/8th Scale 1932 Ford model kit. The pink steering wheel is from some toy. Not sure where it came from but it is the correct size. I think I am going to try and make a 1940 Ford steering wheel out of it. A 1/25 scale spare tire cover V-8 hub cap from a 1936 Ford will make a good horn button.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  12. Congrats,,,,what a step in the hot rodding direction......I built models as a kid and it influenced me to become the car guy i am today as are a lot of guys from my generation that built models. My kids fooled a bit with model building but it didn't stick. I'm going to try an RC airplane with my youngest for Christmas to get him away from the tv and vids. He is quite a soccer player though so he does get his exercise other than in his thumbs:eek: Good job with your stepson.:)

13. This Harley Davidson Softail Heritage is 1/6th Scale.
    A little dusty--I built it in 1996. Still lookin' good.

Attached Files:

14. scrubba

scrubba

I'm stiff trying to figure out a LIGHTWEIGHT method for building the Do Nut at Randy's Do nuts , perhaps next week folks .....................

scrubba

15. verde742

verde742

where is the Friday Art Show found?

16. rc57

rc57

Every Friday it's stickied at the top of the forum page otherwise scroll down to the bottom of any page on the right side and choose the Art Archive for all the old stuff

17. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone know if a '55 Chevy 4-door wagon model was ever made?

18. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

1937 Fordor <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_9415470", true); </SCRIPT> , you probably know this, but a soft bristle paint brush makes a nice duster.
    I use a Bob Ross 2 inch brush, found at most art stores, including Hobby Lobby.
    Fine, soft bristled which when used with a light touch will dust without loosening detail parts.

19. Like these? I had a third one, but my Pitt-Mix destroyed it when I left somewhere he could get it.
    Thanks JimC.

Check out my Italeri 1/12th scale F-104G cockpit.

Attached Files:

20. J2

J2

21. thehazguy

thehazguy

22. Is there a real one like that? It is cool.

23. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Actually, the 2 inch is pretty good.
    I use small brushes like those you show, but also the 2 inch Bob Ross brush which
    is similar to a house brush in appearance, but with fine soft bristles.

24. could you get a piece of Styrofoam and borrow a serrated kitchen knife to whittle it 'round?

25. gbk

gbk

Nice stuff again today. J2, that is some radical kustomizing!

BTW, I mentioned this the other week. I'm having trouble finding this thread each week lately. It's changed names. For the longest time it was "Sunday Models". Now I guess it's "Sundays Modelcars". If you search on Sunday Models you don't find it, and even if your just search on Sunday (whereby you get everything that has been started on a Sunday!) you might not find it. It takes searching at least on Sundays to find it...

I'm just getting going on my next project but here's a '53 Studillac I built earlier this year that I never showed here.

Thanx for lookin',
    B.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. racemad55

racemad55

R&R resins has a 55 belair 4-door wagon listed.

27. I finished building this 1/25 scale AMT 1936 Ford Roadster tonight. Needs a little touch up here and there and the tail lights need attention. I'll put on the license plate when I figure out just which one I want to put on.

I started this kit in the late 1980s. When I moved out of my folks house I carefully packed it away and promptly forgot about it when I moved into the Love Shack. When my folks sold their house a few years back they told me to come and get my stuff in the attic. That is where I found this little Ford. It still needs a little attention.

Attached Files:

28. Progress on the flathead from the Monogram/Revell 1/8th Scale 1932 Ford Roadster.

Attached Files:

29. Traditional Discussion & Happenings

30. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC