Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Lizbeths Model T speedster build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by lizbeth, Oct 29, 2013.

1. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks Carl, It's way cool to get the chance to do the things I've always wanted to do, There's alot to learn and as long as Tim keeps helping me I'll keep learning,, Thanks for your support THAT'S WAAAY COOOL to me,,, Beth

2. swimeasy

swimeasy

Man! You rock! Will be watching this one closely!!

3. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks. I am learning, and still have a long way to go. Tim ( Dragsled ) is my coach , and Biggest Fan , I follow his lead, even when the path leads a little to the left or right. Beth

4. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

With the colder weather and Thanksgiving I haven't gotten much done on the T:( , But I've been working on my welding at work in my free time, Garrett our welder at work has been working with me also, got some runners on the intake I'm building tacked the other day,, Hope everyone had a good turkey day:),,,,, Beth

Attached Files:

5. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

We worked on the radiator shroud yesterday,A couple tack welds were broke loose at the top and one of the mounting tabs was missing so we made another , But because the metal was so thin I had Tim weld it for me,:) My welding is still in the learning phase:D, BTW you can tell it's Tim welding , he's alittle thinner on the top:eek::D:D,,, Beth

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

We got a few things done on the T ,, Rust convertor on the Radiator shroud , and painted and put the other brake handle on the frame, also we put the scattershield on a block and got it installed in the dragster so we can make the new engine mounts, also Tim helped me trim the toe nails on one of my birds Charlie the macaw, as you can see Charlie is what we call a self plucker a condition normally caused by fustration from haveing shitty life before I took her in ,most of my 24 parrots and birds ended up with me because people thinking it was cool to have a large bird and not relizeing the work it takes to keep them happy and heathy, so I have all my misfit friends now:),,, Beth

Attached Files:

7. Must be chick week! Welcome Beth!

8. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks,, Maybe it's national chick week:D,, Beth,, Whoops I'm still on Tim's screen name,, Oh well we can share

9. pumpman

pumpman

Been following your build, good progress. I think it is fitting that you have macaw's in Panama. Maybe you could name it T bird. Just a thought.

10. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Actually I call the car Fredo because this bird hates someone called
    Fredo and goes on long rants yelling F**king Fredo I'm gonna F**k you up, Still don't have a clue who Fredo is:confused:, Not real fond of Tim's boot either:D,,Baby has his moments, he is another one of my many misfit birds:D,,, Beth

Attached Files:

11. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thank you we kinda like him too, tho he's really an F bomb bird:D:D:D:D:D,, Beth

12. Actually I call the car Fredo because this bird hates someone called
    Fredo and goes on long rants yelling F**king Fredo I'm gonna F**k you up, Still don't have a clue who Fredo is:confused:, Not real fond of Tim's boot either:D,,Baby has his moments, he is another one of my many misfit birds:D,,, Beth

I just about split a gut over this one Beth..............;););)<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

13. RussTee

RussTee

Great to see you taking on this build and good on you learning thee skills to get it done.

14. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks Building the car has been a learning process. Being able to do the work is something I figure one should know if they want have the right to call the car their own. I look at it this way I drive it I fix it too. Thanks for the support ... Beth

15. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Went down to the barn and pulled the front axle off the T so I could clean it up and paint it, Also my christmas tree:), Yesterday I drilled the holes in the blower intake I'm building for Tim's Dragster, Useing what Tim Calls the Green Machine:D,, The last pic is me looking at Tim Thinking , Are you kidding me? Picture time now? Come on dude it's Cold it's snowing and this thing is heavy!!!:eek: Beth

Attached Files:

16. pumpman

pumpman

Geee'es Beth, ya think someone would give you a hand with that?

17. Geee'es Beth, ya think someone would give you a hand with that?

yea the guy with the camera.......

18. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Hey easy fellas, The truth is she had me carry it up the hill to the house:D, keep in mind This is a VERY indepedent woman:),, Tim Jones

19. pumpman

pumpman

Just kidding Tim, I'm married to an independent women. So I have learned my do's and don't's on that front.

20. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

No worries here:D one thing I do have is a good sense of humor, Plus Carl and I are good friends,( another flathead dragster guy) Tim Jones

21. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

Hi Beth I've been following your build from when you first started and can't wait to see how it comes together.I was reading back tonight and wondering if the birds name wasn't Fredo and they were dropping the F bomb on him and saying they were going to F him up:rolleyes:

22. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Hi thanks for following our build.It is a lot of learning for me, but Tim is a very good teacher. As far as the dopey bird gos, Baby is his name and he is a rescue bird, an umbrella cockatoo. Baby came to me a few years back, and already cussed out Fredo, so...I still don't know who the heck Fredo is, but his ranting is a never ending amusement for Tim. We have a whole crew of crazy animals (kids) here to amuse an amase us when we are not fixing our cars. Beth

23. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

We pulled the front axle the other day, sprayed with rust converter , and painted it black, then reinstalled it. And yes I had Tim carry it back down to the barn:D,, Today and yesterday I learned how to tear apart the moter for the T. Ours looks really good for a car that is almost a !00 years old. All this Model T motor work is new for Tim also, He does all the bolt breaking loose for me, and since he does get..... motors he is the idea man on how to get things going.;);) We have axle pics today . will do motor pics later. Beth

Attached Files:

24. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

We took apart the motor on the Model T last night and today. I will let Tim give details because he understands it better then I. ( I did help):) The motor was in really good shape , Tim said the rod inserts looked new ,the main babits looked good also but the top rear main one Tim is gonna have Bob ( T27owner) take a look at when we take it to work to hot tank it all, Tim had to call Bob for some advice being he's never taken a T motor apart,, all and all they seem to be a pretty simple motor, But enough talk , here's the pics:D Beth

Attached Files:

25. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

more motor pics

Attached Files:

26. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Here's a couple more pics showing the condition of the motor, Plus takeing a break from the T stuff , to play with a couple of the dogs Addy and Buddy, Buddy shows me that when he has his harness on he turns into the crazy sled dog:eek: Beth

Attached Files:

27. I hope you built that poor mouse a replacement home :D :D. What's one more mouth to feed anyway.
    It looks like you're having a lot of fun with this build and the speedster looking great. It' 12 degrees here this am. and i'll bet it's colder there.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  28. pumpman

pumpman

Bird's, dogs, mice, you kid's.

29. Major props to Beth and company! Very cool birds and a cool mama for those birds, bless you for taking them in.