Register now to get rid of these ads!

History BC Custom Car Associaton

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 29bowtie, Aug 4, 2013.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I figured Marty would have something to add!:D

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Go man go! Or you can add 'em here, I dont think BCCCA drew a line up the middle of the straight!

3. Fedman

Fedman

Great Pic!

4. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This is the roadster that followed the T-Bird.

Attached Files:

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

^^Yes, and I watched this car run at the Mission WDRS in '75. Wicked car.

6. Rocket88

Rocket88

Great pics guys, keep them coming!!

Here's a link for some of the history on the club http://www.missionraceway.com/track-info/bccca-2/

At 49, I'm still a pup to many of the senior members, many of them I have known most of my life.
    They still call me "kid" of "Jeffy" and I still call them Mr.

Hopefully after Hemi Deuce is feeling better we can get him to share some pics and history.

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hes up and around, and is lurking this thread a bit. Maybe he'll pipe up soon. The guy is WAY too modest about where hes been and what hes seen.;):D

8. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

This thread is fuckin awesome.

Thanks all who've posted!

9. Coincidently George I can add a little. Circa the early sixties. These are from my dad's photos. The Autorama used to be a yearly family outing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  10. Here is a straggler.

[​IMG]

There are some pre-sixties Abbotsford airport photos around as well as some old Mission shots. I'll have to remember to dig for them next time I'm home.

Notice the Cal-van display to the right of the Orange Crate. I remember hearing the adds on CKNW I think.

Western Accessories was another source for car goodies when I was young. They had a location in New Westminster and Langley.

In the seventies the Surrey Speed Centre was a place I used to go to drool.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Stogy likes this.
  11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

GREAT stuff Pensive, thanks for posting them! I have a couple boxes of early 70s color slides at my dads house, of Autorama and Mission photos, I have to go dig them out and scan them, so I can post them. I am trying to talk hemideuce into scanning some of his old negatives as well. Theres a TON of stuff out there languishing in shoe-boxes and so on, I really hope we can turn this thread into a photographic history of hot rodding in BC. I'm kind of thinking maybe we should be starting a social group, so we can post the later model stuff without worries. I sure would love to see some good pics of Kerry Rawlicks COPO SS/E Camaro, or the "Just Dandy" SS/D Camaro, more of Howie Stevens or Keith Winterbottoms Mavericks, Jack Mezzomos Pinto, ect. What do you guys think?

12. Vote.

13. I just went back to the first pictures and noticed the "Digger" in my dad's pics is the one with the front end on jacks in the top right B&W on the first post.

14. This is a car from the club back in the day. Was a Car Craft feature at one time. I have photo copies of it, that wouldn't show up well here.

Cliff Rich was the owner/builder. I've seen later pictures of it here on the HAMB, so maybe more shots will show up.

T coupe 1b.jpg T coupe 2b.jpg

Stogy likes this.
  15. oldschool55

oldschool55

Here's a picture of it, a few years later, where is it now? Also I'm doing a 1/8 scale model of the car right now, just working on it today.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

If this doesnt get Hemideuce posting on this thread, nothing will. Stories in abundance about this guy! ;)

17. You sure are correct about that! "Pure class" is the description that cones to my mind George. Keith, hope all is going well, and looking forward to some input on this thread. When I originally started the thread, I was a little disappointed in the lack of response, but since it was revived, it sure has taken off.:)
    George, I'm all for the social group, but we need to keep this thread going with lots of pictures as well, so everyone on the HAMB can enjoy the amazing history from our little corner of the motorsport world.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  18. Sure is great to have you checking out this thread, Fast Elvis! I feel very honoured to have ties to Dad's history from Ontario, as well as the history from BC.

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

For those that dont know, Pensive Scribes dad lives here in Surrey, and is another guy that has been around the Greater Vancouver hot rod scene since before most of use were born.

20. Here's an old BCCCA ad, just to keep the thread moving.

Attached Files:

21. Fedman

Fedman

I'm going to post a few more to bump this, surely some of the Grey Hairs can add to this collection! :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Fedman

Fedman

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  23. MBog

MBog

Cool thread guys, I know/knew alot of those guys. Some were mentors. Keep it going...

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Keith has some Garlits shots that I think were shot on the same time these ones were.

25. Fedman

Fedman

Damn, and the Beautiful Willy's was towed by a Nomad too! :eek:

Great Pics!

26. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Fantastic. Any more of that T in the first couple photos?

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

The one that really knocks me out is the Model A PU towing the digger off the bascule bridge. Man, I'd like to blow that up, frame it, and hang it on my wall!

Great period architecture, a great period hot rod, and a great period digger, in an honest candid shot. It just doesn't get any better than that! Leuger, your Grampa should put that on a t-shirt!

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That T is a VERY famous race car from Washington state. I believe its restored. The builders name is on the tip of my tongue, it'll come to me...

Dick Kalavida??

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  29. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

That 'T' belonged to Dick Kalivoda, I don't know who built it. It was an oval track car in the beginning. Here is a shot of it taken at the Scapoose, Oregon Dragstrip, in the early 50's.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

^^there you go. And Marty even knows how to spell it...:eek::D