Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Meltdown Drags 2014, Pre-register NOW!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by INLAW MODEL A, Nov 16, 2013.

1. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

I got some original sbc hildebrandt valve covers last year..... So I would classify that as good

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Just sent my registration in for my 55. :D

3. Its a real one all right. The magazine coverage and others' pictures prove it. For example this year there was a complete 392 core (~$1500!!!) and also a 331 a couple spots down.

We encourage people to bring vintage parts and require their stuff to be automotive racing / hot rod related. Too many other swaps have turned into rummage sales... If it doesn't belong there we will enforce the rules.

Check this whole thread out if you have ANY doubts about attending: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777360

4. primerhotrod

primerhotrod
    BANNED
    from ILLINOIS

I have a 40 ford, Where are the rules listed? It is, and will always be Flathead powered.

What/where are the rules?

5. powrshftr

powrshftr

Google "Meltdown Drags".....I can't think of the exact web address for it right now,but you will be able to find it pretty easy.
    Basically the rules say cars built before 66,with no equipment that looks newer than that era also....

Check it out.I guarantee you will love it.

Scott

6. primerhotrod

primerhotrod
    BANNED
    from ILLINOIS

OK I found the rules. Nothing pertains to full bodied drivers.

Clarification on drivers?

7. primerhotrod

primerhotrod
    BANNED
    from ILLINOIS

No offense, where are the classes? Is this a exhibition only show? My car will be driven there. I will only attend to drag race. With a fairly stock car. I will not attend to appease the clowns wearing attire they "feel" was worn at the time.

Are there classes?

8. powrshftr

powrshftr

They have a stock class that you should fit into nicely.....basically they allow guys to set up races vs cars with similar performance do that participants have fun,the racing is interesting for spectators,and everyone has a good time. :)

Scott

9. powrshftr

powrshftr

Don't just skim over the home page,go through and read every page;it gives a pretty good description of the classes,the format of the event,accommodations,history of the event,organizers' bios,and some great photos and video.
    Take a half hour and enjoy it.It really is a cool,no stress format.It will be a blast.

Scott

10. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

11. Just sent in the registration email for the bikes.

12. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

I have put this on my wish list for shows to make next year. Gotta weasel the boss out of a few extra vacation days :)

[​IMG]

13. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Last July my buddy and I made the long tow from Wichita, KS, to the Meltdown Drags. I ran my Chevy II in the AFX class. In my 30+ years of racing, this was the most fun I'd ever had at any racing event. There were racers from Arizona, South Carolina, and Manitoba there. If you dig vintage racing, there is no better drag racing weekend than this one. I'm making my motel reservation this weekend!

14. powrshftr

powrshftr

primerhotrod,are you seeing this?

Get that '40 signed up and come on out for a great time with lots of old-style racin',and tons of cool cars with a bunch of great guys!:)

Scott

15. speedwise

speedwise

The "famous" (just kidding) AWB "White Noise" '65 Nova will be back! She's registered. Towing from the Kansas City, MO area.

Attached Files:

16. powrshftr

powrshftr

That car is so badass.....I think my car is curled up in the fetal position out in the garage right now....nice goin'! :D

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

17. Sweet. Look forward to seeing it again. Maybe II FUNNY can autograph it for you. :D

Guys, keep those preregistrations coming in!. It helps us help you. After all, the Meltdown Drags is put on by hot rodders for hot rodders.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  18. powrshftr

powrshftr

So what is the number of cars currently registered sitting at...?Around 65ish?
    That's pretty awesome considering its not even January yet.I can't wait for July!

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

19. Unofficial is around 85

Sent from my SCH-I545L using H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. powrshftr

powrshftr

Holy shit.Once all the procrastinators and last minute entries get in,you guys are gonna be putting on one hell of a show!
    Ps:Love that Topolino!:)

Scott

21. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Ha Ha Ha. I'm glad the new owner is planning on using it.

How's the MOPAR camp doing this year?

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014
    www.meltdowndrags.com

22. speedwise

speedwise

30dodgeboy; II Funny did autograph it, but with one shot! I rubbed it off the door...I do give him all the glory for building a badass A/FX'er. I'm just the caretaker for the time being.

23. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

So cool to have White Noise coming back.....AWESOME!!!

For those have not atteneded, also Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Mississippi last year....make the haul....the only regret you will have is if you do not make the trip!

24. Whew, we are tickling 100 cars already. When we do hit 100, probably tomorrow, I will randomly give a free Saturday entry to one of these first 100 cars. Plus a care package!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  25. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Glad to see that you're going to be at the Meltdown. I've been wanting to check out your Chevy II, after having seen so many pictures of it. Looks good!

26. Saxxon

Saxxon

The Meltdown invite came in the mail yesterday...what a great idea. Love the old school telegram style card (stop)...

The card is already on my Meltown memories shelf. Right beside the beer.

We have 2 cars registered for 2014. Now I have to get off my ass and put the "Little Beast" back together and get the "Ugly Beast" into some sort of functioning state.

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sounds like fun. What about a 67 charger ? I will have to get some different wheels.

28. Bugsy48

Bugsy48

Locked in at #83

29. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

In at #43......little relocation of weight and some tuning to see where she goes this year...hope she doesn't haze them at the 1/8th like last year...I finally got all the vinyl out of my colon!

30. sending you a PM...