Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1940 Ford pickup

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 5, 2013.

1. DragFrame

DragFrame

Yea for about 5 minutes at the Columbus Ford swap meet. We were heading opposite directions lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

That is one real cool truck. Congrats!

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

it really is a field of dreams

Attached Files:

4. I don't suppose I am the only 63 year old that, as a 10 year old, built ALOT of 40 ford PU plastic models ..... done with future dreams! Damn nice.

5. b-bob

b-bob

And 64 year olds as well. Monogram....right??

6. fortynut

fortynut

A forty/forty-one pickup is near the top of my bucket list. When I see one all together and finished, where the builder didn't screw it up by hacking on the top or something else equally stupid, I keep thinking, "Yeah, Carl, there's one out there, that's perfect, and waiting on you to get your shit together." Of course I'm not dumb enough not to know that building one from parts is out of the question, either. And, when I see people doing that I'm also encouraged.

7. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

That makes more sense and after a second look , I totally agree . Good catch !! :D

8. Here's a photo of the truck sharing space with Gregs 5 window. HRP

[​IMG]

9. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Those are late 8BA heads "reversed" and "flipped" on an early style block. By doing this the water would quickly reach the "hot spots" at the rear of the engine block and provide better cooling. The head you see on the passenger side of the engine is actually the driver side head of the 8BA. You can see the 3 holes for mounting the stock 8BA oil filter. Pretty neat idea.

10. manyolcars

manyolcars

My fantasy of having a 40 that looks that good is what keeps me going. Thanks for the pictures