Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Squablow

Squablow

I like it! I'm sold on the idea now, and the photoshop looks good! I would think its gotta be tough to get the angled one right, but it looks natural in there. Thanks Nitrobrother!

2. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

This is my first attempt at attaching a file photo. If it comes through can someone please photoshop the 59 buick in a baby blue with white scallops and a medium metallic blue with white scallops. I wish I had the talent and knowledge you folks have. My 59 is a pale blue and white tutone originally. I don't know which color i want to go back with. I am at the point I need to pick a color. Thanks in advance. TP

Attached Files:

3. Just in case you were wondering "What would a complete '55 grill look like?"
    [​IMG]

(I also tried a '55 Thunderbird and it didn't come out as well...too small.)

4. A hint for others: A larger photo would make our job easier. This was a little on the tiny side and the results aren't optimum.
    Baby blue:
    [​IMG]

Medium blue:
    [​IMG]

5. DoubleClutch1

DoubleClutch1

I am looking at buying a 51 Chrysler Windsor deluxe 4 door. kind of want to know what it would look like lowered with lake pipes, rear fender skirts, dropped windshield visor. And maybe a chop top. If someone can help me out it would be great!:cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

"A" for effort man! I couldn't do it, and it gives me the idea of what it'll look like with the light/dark combo.

Brian

7. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I appalogize for the picture. !t was the first time I tryed posting a picture and had to get help then. I thank you for your effort. How do I make the picture bigger? TP

8. No need to apologize...as I re-read my comment I think I was more gruff than I intended. No doubt others will offer their insights, but here are mine: Usually images are sized after they're downloaded from the camera. I usually resize my pictures to 1024 x 768 for use here on the HAMB (good balance between file size and screen size). There are lots of image manipulation programs, most even free, that you can use to resize them. Some - like Paint, which comes with all Windows systems - are what you can do to do one-at-a-time jobs. Others are set up to do a-bunch-at-a-time in case you have a whole flock of images to do. I have seven image mangler programs on my laptop, because each one has different ease-of-use (Paint, Picasa) or features that don't exist in the others. For your image, once it's reduced in size too much, you can't really go the other way because too much "digital information" has been lost. Good luck, but it's easy to get addicted to it!

The more important question is: Are the colors what you wanted (except for the white scallops on the dark blue version)?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  9. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I like those but looking for a baby blue or powder blue I guess. The one looks nearly purple but I can go off of that. Thanks.

10. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Can we try a mint green with white scallops? Thanks

11. Squablow

Squablow

The full '55 parking lights look good on there too, if I wasn't trying to keep the current paint job, I'd probably go that direction. I still like it with the current parking light setup though. Gets me excited to see it in place.

12. npennington

npennington
    from Arkansas

Can someone change the white walls in these photos to non whitewalls please?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. A quick one
    [​IMG]

14. Better? Or just different?
    [​IMG]

With black taillight trim:
    [​IMG]

15. partssaloon

partssaloon

8-29-2012-3.JPG

Would you please show the truck with Real Rodder Wheels on it.
    Aluminum Spindle mounts in the front and Sprints in the rear (polished)

Thanks

16. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Hmmm, it's good to see what seemed like a good idea brought to life, and realize it wasn't so good! Beautiful job on the chop, the top has EXACTLY the same proportions I have, but seeing the colors broken that way, I realize that doesn't work. I think the two tone color break should be an the top of the side spear, and the colors should be closer, less charcoal on the bottom. Discuss…

17. Just messing around with an English Ford Zephyr...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

When utilizing two colors, designers strive for a 70/30 split.

19. I was worried I'd taken the bottom color too dark. Thanks for the chop comments...pure luck, to be honest!

This is the image I started with if someone else wants to take a whack at it.
    [​IMG]

I'm taking a break and prepping for some job interviews! Cross your fingers...

20. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Good luck with the job hunt, and thanks for all the time you put into doing that 'Bird rendering!

Brian

21. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Nice job!

22. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

You do realize that Chevy and GMC made a Cab-Over-Engine (COE) in those years, right?

It would be much simpler (in real life & Photoshop!) to start with a COE and slice and dice from there. Here's one of many I found on the Internet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  23. brewsterg6

brewsterg6

Not my work, but saw this on the net, and saved it! Not really HAMB friendly, but the logo on the side is!

[​IMG]

24. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

That's a thread killer, right there.

25. brewsterg6

brewsterg6

I thought it had a bit of GM Futureliner look to it... Ugly, but stylish!

26. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

OK, then. Here it is:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/davetartaglia/11326270845/" title="GMCSnubnose by DaveTartaglia, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  27. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

You're welcome!
    I started with this 3/4 ton GMC pic I found on the 'net.

Attached Files:

28. So it could be done..and wouldn't look too shabby. ..
    Thanks again

29. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Where is there room for an engine/trans in this? Subaru flat 4?

30. gonmad

gonmad

That's one heck of a load of wood!! LoL!