Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The New 1932 Ford Sedan Delivery Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Fordor Ron, Dec 7, 2013.

1. image.jpg

We had a great thread going about 32 Ford Sedan Delivery's and then it got all screwed up for reasons I don't quite understand.

So... Let's try this again. Post up anything related to 32 Ford Delivery's. -Photos, comments, real or conversions, steel or glass cars.

Here's a pic of a conversion that I stole off of the web to get started.

Thanks in advance...

-Ron

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    OLSKOOL57, mgtstumpy and exterminator like this.
  2. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Here are a few I have photos of. I love sedan deliveries and the Deuce is the rare one. The unfinished one is my friend George who has it painted now but not assembled.

Attached Files:

3. 3Deuces (Buster Henderson) built a very nice sedan delivery,,and from what I understand he made the back door and opted to keep the rear windows intact rather than fill them.

I'm afraid I don't have any photos. HRP

4. I really like deuce sedan deliverys....May be we can get someone to post a photo of krylon32 (here on the HAMB) delivery. It is a very, very nice one.

5. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

Here are a couple of pictures of mine. The first is when it had Kelsey's and the other is as it is now. I've had it going on 40 years. It's a 327/ 4-speed, 9" rear.

Attached Files:

6. Lookin' good so far!

Hope this thread gets off the ground. The other thread has been edited in such a way that it won't show up in the search results.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  7. 343w

343w

I would love to turn my Tudor into an SD, just don't have the body work skills to do it. To bad there isn't a metal kit to do the conversion, including the door and frame etc.

8. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

McRae makes a complete kit to do the conversions. He is Kansas. Rod and Custom did an article on the conversion by Kemp's in MI.

9. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Doug McRae in Kansas makes the kit. R&C did an artilce on the conversion by Kemp's in MI.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    mgtstumpy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. 1203rc-06-z+1932-ford-tudor-delivery+(1).jpg 1203rc-01-z+1932-ford-tudor-delivery+.jpg 1203rc-02-z+1932-ford-tudor-delivery+.jpg 1203rc-04-z+1932-ford-tudor-delivery+.jpg

The one in the photo above I started the thread with is a conversion of a flower wagon. Basically a delivery with the side glass intact. Which, of course, I think is killer.

Tons of details this guy did that I wouldn't have noticed if I had not read the article in R/C.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    mgtstumpy likes this.
  11. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Mine was converted by Quality Creations in Park Rapids,MN using a Doug McRae kit. He does awesome metal work. It took very little filled around the door cutout. The interior was done by Rapids Upholstery in distressed buffalo leather to match the distressed exterior. I did not want a all shiny paint one. I used the regular rear bumper instead of the bent in one (looks like you backed into a pole) but did use the shorty brackets. I have always liked sedan deliveries and deuces, so I just had to have one. It was finished in early 2007 just in time for the 75th aniversary. It has been driven several times to shows in TX, OK, OH, IA, MI, KY.

Attached Files:

12. ^^^ Killer! I thought it was real.

How did you fill the side windows?

I agree on the bumper. Even if it is original it just doesn't look right to me.

13. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

The side windows are filled with an insert of plymetal, metal bonded to plywood, just like Henry did, its part of Doug's kit. He supplies a template for the bumper shape, but I found some killer old rusty ones in NY. I added a rear view camera in a flying eyeball mounted to the rear bumper, sure helps the blind spot that it has. It was fun painting it the way I did...flat black with faded grey and red primer spots, shadows by the hinges and handles and old well used rubber running boards

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

What a great collection of photos so far, anyone use one as a tow car for a vintage race car? Bob

15. image.jpg

The camera in the eyeball sounds like a great idea! I would love to see that in person.

I thought about making a phantom delivery out of my 32 Fordor. I've got some pic's of model A fordors that were converted to Falstaff Beer trucks in front of the Texas State Capitol building. Let me see if I can find them.

Edit: I found the pic. I'm not sure what it would look like on a 32 with the 2 rear doors and quarter glasses filled in. This is May 25th 1934, Capitol building, Austin TX.

Evidently, they just removed the rear seat, filled the windows and loaded the beer in through the rear doors. Hmmm.....

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  16. 100_6642.jpg 100_6639.jpg 100_6640.jpg 100_6644.jpg 100_6646.jpg 100_6643.jpg Here's pix of some original SD pieces I found. Which I have sold to G Morris and ha has since had Kemps do a conversion to a restored Tudor.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    mgtstumpy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  17. 100_8444.jpg 100_8445.jpg 100_8364.jpg 100_8370.jpg 100_8329.jpg Here's some pix of one I have. It started out as a tudor.Its chopped 4" and has an all metal door frame and door. At the present time it's setting and waiting.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    mgtstumpy and kiwijeff like this.
  18. Looking good. I would like to see more as you progress.

Being that the delivery is so rare I bet it's only a matter of time before someone re-pops one. Brookville has probably already looked into it.

19. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  20. dakotajayne

dakotajayne
    from 3c1

Could we get more info on the rear view camera. My '46 is as blind as imaginable and a camera would be a great help.

21. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

I purchased a small camera and a 4 inch monitor from Amazon.....very reasonable, something like $50 for the pair. I wired it to the acc switch, so if the key is on the camera is on. The monitor was mounted above the rear view mirror on the header, the camera I picked was the round one about the size of a half dollar, fitted it to a O'Brian Trucker flying eyeball attached to the rear bumper. I also have a 32 panel and a 46 Chevy delivery with cameras...all work well

22. WTSHNN

WTSHNN
    from Chicago

The two cars are actually VERY rare factory Taxi cabs. They are the only Model A fordors with the so called "Coupe Pillar" and three hinges on the rear door. They sold very poorly so Ford stopped making them in 1929. I think only 10 or 15 exist today. Sorry. Not trying to hi-jack the thread.

-Tim

23. Wow... The things you learn on the H.A.M.B.

I would love to see more pic's of these taxi cab Model A's - Delivery's just to see how they were laid out.

Again, I thought about converting my Fordor 32 into one but I'm not sure it would look right...

24. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

25. ICEMAN-29

ICEMAN-29
    from colo.

26. Again...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  27. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

GREAT stance

28. Anything new with some of these cars above?

29. You guys are killing me. Was considering selling my 32 Sedan now thinking Sedan Delivery.