Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Rocket Racing Wheels- Rocket Fire and Solid

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big duece, Dec 4, 2013.

1. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I stumbled across these last night, might be a pretty cool looking wheel. Wish they made some fronts to match. Due out next spring.

Attached Files:

2. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

I gotta say those are pretty badass...normally I hate new wheels...but those just have the look...the Dow coloring is neat too..

3. rideordie

rideordie
    from Oregon

really like the front ones!

4. I was just drooling over these and I was wondering how they were doing the lug holes on them.... I see a different colored "plate" behind the knockoff cap, that may be held on by the cap.

Anyone have an idea?? I'm thinking the ones in the front would look good on the 'ol dodge

5. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I would suspect that they are counterbored. The center must be thicker to do that. The Halibrand lugs mounts on the surface, and have a tall knock off lug cover. I dont think they have a front or rear, both styles are 16x5. Thats a bit big to run as front runners. I wrote them about 15x4.5 or 15x5's.

6. 60 Belair

60 Belair

Wow I have to say it seems that as a company Rocket wheels is doing some cool stuff!
    I do hope they are going to make those in 15 x 4.5

7. What's the chances that's the inside and outside of the same wheel like the originals ?

8. Rocket has been making some very cool, very traditional looking wheels - these look awesome! I hope they build an 18x6, 7 or 8!

Steve

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  9. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Here is their reply about 15x4.5: the more feedback the better!

Thank you for the input. We are actually looking into adding more sizes. We have had a lot of people ask us for the 16" and that is the traditional size for the style. 16x5, 18x6 and 20x6 I think is what they used to run in Indy if I recall correctly. 15x4.5 or 15x5 is a possibility in the future. We have had great success with our 15x4.5 sizes. This wheel might not cater to the same crowd though. It's never easy to tell what sizes to make. We rely on people,such as yourself, to give us an indication of what they want. If we have enough people ask us for sizes we start working on it.

Darrin Djernes
    Rocket Sales Manager

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I for one think they could rule at least part of the traditional hot rod wheel market.....I'd run 'em.

11. Can you post their contact email so those of us that want different sizes can try to get them to add them to the list???

Thanks

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yea, pizza cutters were hot on the front of fifties indy cars...
    Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but it looks like Rocket has set the bar too high...

13. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

Their stuff is made in china, which makes the castings cheap - and that lowers the end cost to the consumer. But they are still a nice, quality wheel for the price.

14. How many high pressure or low pressure die casting facilities are left in the USA?
    How many we're there last year at this time?

Honda has 3 casting facilities in central Ohio that feed the entire country with transmissions cases, engine blocks, and power equipment.

15. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

http://www.rocketracingwheels.com/contact_us.php

THis is the contact page from their website...

16. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

There are probably 20 in Los Angeles alone - that doesn't include the three in San Diego that I know about. There's a HUGE misconception that people have about manufacturing quality aluminum and magnesium castings in the US. You can easily have both done in the states, people just aren't interested in the extra cost to have "Made in USA". I've done my research and been to Ohio and back - but nobody besides myself (it seems) really cares about where it's made.

Jon

17. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

18. seatex

seatex

Those solids look great................................

19. Great looking wheels.