Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My chopped n channeled '48 F-1 custom pickup build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fleet-master, Apr 21, 2013.

1. fleet-master

fleet-master

thanks for inquiring jfrolka, not a lot happening on my project I'm knee deep in repairing and polishing stainless mouldings at the moment. I have a Holden Monaro I'm trying to get ready for paint and a '58 4door Bel-Air which needs all moldings done. Theres over 50 moldings on a '58 BA 4dr...and some of them are in real sad shape !! :eek:

I'll post a couple pics if anyones interested. PB

2. fleet-master

fleet-master

oh yea....and my threads been shifted again !! lol

3. arthurC3

arthurC3

Those are some great lines that you have made with that F1.The hood mod stretches the nose to give it the long low look.:DI always liked the look of the Rod and Custom Dream Truck,but got turned off by the quad headlights.Looking forward to your truck on those wide whites and Caddy caps.

4. jfrolka

jfrolka

5. fleet-master

fleet-master

Here's a pic or 3 of the '58 and you can see the Monaro patiently waiting...

Attached Files:

6. fleet-master

fleet-master

thanks Arthur, the wife said no to the White Walls...I said yes...guess who won? :D:D The caps I'm using are '59 Dodge

7. Always liked 58 Chevs, and im even down with the old Aunger or Cheviot mags. Reminds me of bein a kid in the 70s. Couldnt wait to ride in a car with mags, but sadly, the first, was a Datsun! Lol. How'd your clubs 40th go. I wont bust ya balls for not havin the F1 ready... promise :)

8. verde742

verde742

Love your imagination, and talent, please keep up ALL those picture postings , really got me trapped watching.

Consider moving rear fenders from side to side, will keep WB long and might balance with thin hood. YOU HAVE GREAT EYE,AND TALENT. Carry on, we be watchin'

9. fleet-master

fleet-master

Hey thanks Verde742!! I'm itching to get back into it....

the wheelbase is same as stock F1

10. Only just bumped into this thread Paul, the truck looks bloody good, hows it coming along? I know how frustrating it can be trying to get a project done when work keeps getting in the way;)

11. fleet-master

fleet-master

Hey thanks Jason. Been getting a bit done on it ,but mainly fixing rust.

However....I do have to shout out a huge THANK YOU !!! and AWESOME!! to Hamber 'iwanaflattie' (aka Seth) for sending over a pair of front fender supports for me. Many many thanks Seth, they are in great condition and are a HUGE help in getting the front sheetmetal fitted (should be onto that bit fairly soon i hope)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  12. fleet-master

fleet-master

ooops forgot the pic

[​IMG]

13. Yip where would we be without the old computer, makes parts finding easy eh. I will have to call by and say hello next time im down your way and check your projects out, are you still living over the road from Paula and Greg in Outram?

14. fleet-master

fleet-master

yeah mate still there. Don't see much of our Tulip tho..I'm beginning to think he's a bit of hermit! lol

15. yea I haven't seen the ugly bastard for near on a year, maybe he's under the thumb??, supposed to be having a few ales with him at xmas.

16. Hey Paul.
    All I did was send them. another hamber JF (Josh) is the one who donated them.he is awesome.
    It took me long enough..just like the fender..
    I just wish either me or Hamilton had the time to bring it down to Compton.
    And the balls to go down there.

Posted using tin can and string.

17. fleet-master

fleet-master

your right Seth...Josh deserves a big thank you too! THANKS JOSH they're AWESOME !! :) :) :)

18. shadams

shadams

Wow man, I was diggin the thread from the beginning, some of the stuff you did I had to do with mine, (although not nearly as efficiently cost or skill wise) but when you posted pics of the doors, i was "what is this guy talking about....you cant just use doors from another type of vehicle, how will they even fit the pillars/body lines etc. this aint happenin...." and then it went to another level from there, I should have known better, you NZ guys are nuts... Hope to see more progress soon...

19. fleet-master

fleet-master

Hey thanks Shadams...yep we're a bit nutty comes from not having access to parts over the years...but then I allways wanted to build something a bit different!! :D :D

20. And heres me thinkin it was from your local beer! :) :)

whiplash1923T likes this.
  21. fleet-master

fleet-master

^^^ SSSHHHHHH!!! they'll all want some Jeff

whiplash1923T likes this.
  22. jfrolka

jfrolka

23. BBQ and beer time proberbly. Pauls end of the country dosent get a lot of sun, so i suspect hes outdoors, workn on a tan. :) :) ha ha, sorry buddy, i been stuck inside the studio all day, and havnt got my quota of sun today. Happy New Year. :)

24. fleet-master

fleet-master

it's a fact...we been gettin toooo much rain here of late!! Wish you lot on the coast would keep it over there for a while!! We had 4ins right around xmas :eek:

jfrolka....I'll have an update tomorrow afternoon promise!

25. fleet-master

fleet-master

small update...as promised :D wish it was more to show but progress is progress!! I owe you a thank you jfrolka for keeping an eye out and stirring me up...THANKS man it's appreciated!!

I've just about got all the new sections in around the front windsheild opening.Had to replace the entire firetruckin thing!! :eek:
    Cut what was left of the cowl vent lid off too.

Will be doing some more metal moving over the weekend i think so stay tuned.

Attached Files:

26. fleet-master

fleet-master

nuther wee update ...marked and cut out the R/H side of the cowl today and added some structure to mount the back screw of the upper hinge.

heres a pic of the mount at base of firewall..

Attached Files:

27. Great build, really shows that you don't need much in terms of raw material to build a cool hot rod or custom...but you do need talent and a good eye!

28. Lookin good Paul! Makes me grateful for my nearly rust free Stude!

29. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Nice truck! Always liked trucks, so this is very cool to me.

Nose work and out of the box thinking. :) keep ad it B-)

30. fleet-master

fleet-master

News just in.....cut two donor panels off cars at the wreckers yard today to use for door skins and save myself some time !! with sheet steel at $150/sheet and my usual helper on the wheeling machine unavailable at the moment , it's just the logical thing to do.

Stay tuned....first chance I get I'm INTO it!!