Register now to get rid of these ads!

History BC Custom Car Associaton

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 29bowtie, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Hmmm, I wonder who that would have been?:rolleyes:

2. Funny, no mention of Pitt Polder George.:D

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thats because it was a shithole...:p;) And uh yea, it was Ray...;)

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Don, remember the PVI access road? Now THAT was a good spot!

5. desotot

desotot

Then there was this jade green with gold flake falcon gasser in Richmond, I wonder if someone has a pic?

6. Falcongeorge,we must have met each other in the past.We seem to know too many people not to have seen each other.Even a Westwood connection.

7. Fedman

Fedman

Falcongeorge,

I must have a few of those memory cells too! :D

I also had unbridled excitement at the Old Mission Track, when just getting through Tech was a Big Deal! :eek:

I totally agree with you that the face of Sportsman Racing has changed dramatically, and I dare say, not necessarily for the better.:eek:

But I do, (and I am sure you do, from your post as well) have wonderful memories of that time period and now as I get older, they become much more important, and enjoyable.

I have some Pictures from the Old Mission, I will try and get them posted up.

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Don, I remember the night Jack ran Dennis at PVI. He comes back, jumps out of the car, and says "JESUS! I shift into third, hes no-where, and I think man that thing aint so much, all of a sudden I hear this SCREAMIN rpm coming up on my shoulder, I look over, a green fender beside me, hammers 4th, and hes GONE!" Funny stuff.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I recall seeing a solid axle street car like that in Vancouver around 1970, but I dont recall any gassers fitting that description...

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I was around the Langley street racing scene quite a bit in the nineties. Its a good possibility.

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'd LOVE to see them. I have a couple boxes of color slides from Mission during the seventies, I should try to find them. Its not just me, is it, it really HAS changed alot.:(

12. I should have said I grew up in Richmond,but street raced most of the places mentioned.
    The greenmetalflake Falcon was from Richmond.Ron Miller.It later was painted orange and had Totem Mercury on the side.

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Musta been getting teched by Barry McCall...:eek::p;)

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I saw it when it was orange...

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I really want to make a point of meeting more local Hamb'ers face to face next year. Whenever I am heading out to a local show next year, I'll put up a "who's going to" post a few days in advance, and maybe a few of us can meet up.

16. there is an old post on the HAMB with picture of the Falcon but I can't find it.
    Go on Google,type in Ron Miller Street Cleaner,you'l find it.You'll come right back to the HAMB of coarse

17. desotot

desotot

My brother worked for Blackie Green, I believe Blackie was involved with the BC Custom Car Assc.

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Found it. I saw the car when it looked like this.

[​IMG]

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My dad knew Blackie Green.

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Anybody remember a guy from Oak Harbour that used to run bracket 1 with a blue AWB '64 fairlane 428/c-6? Early-mid seventies?

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My brother lives in Aldergrove, I always loved the Tri-five club picnic in Aldergrove, one of my favorite shows, but I heard last year was the last time they are going to hold it.:(

22. could that have been the "Little Pete"car? Peterson Poultry Farms?I remember that car from the late 60's.I stopped racing in 1971,until 1991

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Nope. It wasn't a real T-bolt, and it wasn't as radical as Lil' Pete. It had headlights, tail-lights, grill and an econoline van front axle, and was even driven on the street a bit. Aluminum slots on the back, may have had those stamped steel chromed slots on the front, not sure if my memory is correct on that point. It did have a T-bolt bubble, and was lettered up with that prismatic tape crap that was so popular then.

24. Fedman

Fedman

In the Hot Car Pits at the Top End

[​IMG]

Sam Hess in his Front Engine Dragster, and me running to be the back up Gerbil.

[​IMG]

25. Fedman

Fedman

Iseli Bros. still running a clutch!

[​IMG]

Push Back prior to reversers.

[​IMG]

New Full Body on Iseli Bros. Dragster.

[​IMG]

Checking out a Fresh Clutch in the Pits! :eek:

[​IMG]

26. very cool pictures,Brian.I'd forgotten how high the bank was on the right side of the track.
    I slid my first altered along the right side guard rail.Oddly enough I did the same thing with this altered at the new track:D

27. Fedman

Fedman

Mike Foster at the Butterfly of the Zant/Foster Dragster

[​IMG]

Foster at the Wheel of "Caesars Ghost" @ Boundary Bay!

[​IMG]

Iseli Bros. first Dragster, Grant pictured at Bill Phillips Gas station where he worked. Grant started Drag Racing under Bill helping on his Dragster. This was the shop at 41st $ Knight St.

[​IMG]

Kevin Collett's Desota Powered FED

[​IMG]

28. Fedman

Fedman

Last one, Iseli Bros 1st Dragster Fresh Paint, straight from Car Show and Grant had the steering fail and put it upside down in the big drainage ditch on the right side of shut down! Car was upside down and straddling the ditch, Grant's head was just above the water. Lucky Day for him! :D

[​IMG]

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ok, now this is just getting wierd!:eek: There it is!
    [​IMG]

30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Oh man, that reminds me of Stan Wilson...:(

I remember the "Caesers Ghost" car too.