Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. This is all I had time to do. Maybe one of the other guys can do paint and wheels for ya.
    [​IMG]

2. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Funny thing about '53-'55 Studes: The graceful coupes were built on a 120.5" chassis, but the sedans and wagons were on a 116.5" chassis. That's reverse of usual practice. I have always wondered why they did that. It would have been so much simpler and cheaper to put them on the same long chassis sharing more parts. Plus there would have been more legroom in the bread-and-butter sedans.

Anyway, I decided to look for a more usable pic of a '55 Conestoga; I hope you don't mind. I thought this was gonna be easy, but there are so many angles that it became a real cut-and-paste job to get the proportions right. Good luck if you try it in real life!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. daddio211

daddio211

Dare I say, if the C pillar was moved in place of the B pillar, and the B pillar was gone, I think it'd have better proportions. Great idea and neat work!

My '27 T Roadster build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 734383

4. npennington

npennington
    from Arkansas

Can someone please lower this car about three or 4 inches thank you very much
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1386109126.379617.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1386109157.192093.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

I think this is about a 3-4 inch drop.....

[​IMG]

6. I agree with all that...[​IMG]

7. daddio211

daddio211

Yep, better proportions for sure! Maybe flatten the crown on the roof a little, but I say stick a fork in it and call it done!

8. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Yup, that's a good one, nitro!

9. 1955IHC

1955IHC

As soon as the op posted. The Studebaker Kart Hauler came to mind. Couldn't quite dig it up out of brain though. Nice one Nitrobrother.

Sent via Illinois Bell Telephone Company's Car Radiotelephone

10. Did you ever notice how the people who drove these old cars back in the '50s all had teeny tiny little heads??? :confused:

11. daddio211

daddio211

12. Jettback50

Jettback50

That is excellent. I have had a love affair with the Kart Hauler for years (save for rear window). Saw this wagon and thought it would be a better starting point than a coupe but I did not know about the wheel base (116 = S10 chassis) now I am not sure which is a better beginning for the project.

Thank you all for all your help and advice. Will struggle with this for a little bit longer but know I can really see the difference. The HAMB is great!

13. And no one commented on the fake caption line! :D:D:D

What I started with...
    [​IMG]

14. Thanks! If you lower the crown, how's he going to drive it with his 10gal. Stetson? :D;):rolleyes:

15. Nahhh... I think it had something to do with the flouride or whatever it was they were putting in the drinking water back then. :rolleyes:

But it looks like you've got just the opposite problem with that old car in your avatar.... :D

16. daddio211

daddio211

I noticed it on your first post and actually laughed out loud!

LMAO

Yeah, the water mixture here is a little different... Just wish everything grew in proportion! :eek:

My '27 T Roadster build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 734383

17. npennington

npennington
    from Arkansas

Thank you for doing that.
    Can you make the rims in this photo black?
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1386179148.977322.jpg

18. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

19. npennington

npennington
    from Arkansas

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1386193395.640311.jpg

Can you put baby moons on the photo with the red rooms and the photo with the black rims please
    I appreciate your help so much it is really helping me decide what I want to do before I spend the money. The white walls on the car are actually just metal rings that I painted white and taped to the tires so I could decide whether I want to buy white walls or not

20. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Baby moons on red......

[​IMG]

....and on black.

[​IMG]

21. When someone says "gasser style" I never really know what that means to them. Nose-high? Level like the FX cars? Jacked-up sky-high street freak? Is there a car that you're inspired by? I think this is more 1965 than 1970...
    [​IMG]

(BTW, did anyone else lose posts? I somehow have about 45 posts misplaced...)

22. Thats actually what I had in mind haha

23. npennington

npennington
    from Arkansas

Can someone change the white walls in these photos to non whitewalls please?

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1386373990.238458.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1386374003.760482.jpg

Attached Files:

24. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

[​IMG]

I was bored and did some "Modifications" to your Ford… :D

Jacked way up…
    [​IMG]

Tinted Blue glass…
    [​IMG]

Little Moontank…;)
    [​IMG]

And I even cleaned your yard for you...:p

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013

25. Awesome! haha

26. Been piddling with this for a while and was never satisfied with the results. Still not, but I have to release it and move on. :) Didn't do your bumper or trunk lid changes...
    [​IMG]

(Okay, maybe I'll take another whack at it... :D )

27. Squablow

Squablow

With much respect to the talented Photoshoppers on this thread I ask,

Can someone replace my tube grille with the center of a '55 Ford grille? I don't want to use the '55 parking lights, I'd like to leave my current lights in there. My plan is to cut the '55 grille down so it fits inside my current grille surrounds, the ends should touch my fenders where they curve into my grille cavity. Hope that makes sense?

I'll post up two angle pics, just want to get an idea if it's going to look right before I try it. I figured the straight on shot would be the easiest to do but I'll post the other just in case. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Quick 'n' dirty...I'll try to work up the 3/4 view tomorrow.
    [​IMG]