Register now to get rid of these ads!

Friday art

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Dec 19, 2003.

1. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

This site is all very new to me. I made my intros last week and having been reading and looking at everything on here. It really is an amazing site, with some very talented people.
    I thought I would like to contribute some of my striping. I recently did a number of christmas cards for family and friends, putting a 'Who Daky' (that is what I sign my work and what my stripng designs are called by people that know of me and my work!) on each card in the form of a face. I called them the faces of santa's helpers. Did 24 cards but will only post a couple here today! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Jester

Jester
    from Blevins AR

Really cool kat, lets see some more.

3. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

OK a couple more Jester. One is very very abstract. Well I mean more so than any pinstriped design, as I beleive all pinstripe designs are very much abstract! I call my style '50s hot rod. Although over the years I have developed many styles that are I believe a little removed from my main style of ''50's hot rod' My main influence is the late Von Dutch. I will never be as eccentric as he was but I am not as talented as he. I believe he was a true genius and eccentricity is just part of the make up of brilliance in general. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

Safariknut allready started a friday art post. check it out...

5. Another VON DRUNK venture, not really but a cool xmas gift, couldn't find a '38 ford ryan.
    Commercial art, just a gift for HIGG if you know his truck then..
    If any one else has a 1:43 scale of their car maybe I can? [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Are they really selling those?

7. No!! that what I do, prototypes and mockups, just "looks like models".

8. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Thats cool as hell, but ya forgot all the rust on HIGG's trokita from all the hard beach livin' [​IMG]
    So where do I send my model of my 49 ford? [​IMG]

9. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

whoops sorry Kustombuilder, as I said I am very new here. So that,s how it works, I add to the first Friday art post of the week. Thanks for the comments.

10. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Abe, that is bad ass! Pretty funny.

11. I got a "Whodaky" on my camera. Yep, it's still hanging in there Geoff... just. [​IMG]

Those cards look really nice. How large are they? Are they standard greeting card size?