Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Early 50's 4 door customs...

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Hans, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Tobey56

Tobey56

This is a great thread with some awesome cars. My 56 ford is a more door and I love her. I am like BigOL'Buick I don't discriminate. I guess my Momma brought me up right and if I see something that is not my personal taste I respect it and the person who owns it enough not to spew my negative opinion.

2. I missed this when it got posted, but no, the one I remember was in one of the east coast mags and was even milder than this car, which looks pretty good to me. The car I remember was pretty basic, smoothed, frenched dual antenna, continental kit, lowered, that's about it.

But I'm also partial to the 56-60 GM 4-door hardtops, particularly the '56 Olds and my ideal car would be a '59 Pontiac flat-top, so...

3. Louisem

Louisem
    from Nevada

Wow whos the kid in the upper left in the profile

4. Louisem

Louisem
    from Nevada

Yeah hey whos the profile pick upper left kid with purple sweatshirt

5. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Merc I found recently.

Attached Files:

6. Very cool unchopped mild 4dr posted by rikster in another thread:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  7. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Not bad ^^^ I wonder what the cener bar he has in the stock grill surround .

8. LONG

LONG

52 buick. just started on it.

Attached Files:

9. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

thank you now i have a new wall paper :D

10. good thread w/ cool vehicles ....

Frankie47 likes this.
  11. greaser 35

greaser 35
    from FRANCE

12. Nice car, greaser!

13. speaks

speaks
    1. 4 door kustoms

Temporary look with no caps while I restore some 53 cad caps

Attached Files:

14. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

When you live in a country where American cars are very thin on the ground, you very seldom notice the difference between two or four door models. All 50s and early 60s cars look cool. I have only been aware of the prejudice since coming on here.
    Paul

15. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

My prejudice is based on the fact that most of our parents drove 4 doors. Therefore, driving around in a 4 door (or God forbid, a wagon!) was a sure sign that one was driving one's parent's car, or their hand-me-down sedan. Not cool.

I wasn't going to drive MY folks car, no sir! I bought my own! A '41 Chrysler Windsor. Somebody ELSES parents cast off. Guess how many doors it had?

Brian

16. Kaptain Kustom

Kaptain Kustom
    from Finland

Man, merc 4-door is very high on my list of dream cars.

17. teddyp

teddyp

there were a lot of 4 dr. customs that were guy,s first cars that they first worked on and they were pretty cool i always like the 49-52 chevy fastbacks ,49-51 merc 4 drs

18. papo49merc

papo49merc
    from La Habra

This is my 4 door custom.

<a href="http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/49mercpapo/media/39180d7c-1b52-4616-a588-30b86755d017_zps2c2e266b.jpg.html" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  19. Somebody

Somebody

It's a completely moronic prejudice that pretty much exists only in this country and for absolutely no logical reason that's worth defending.

I have had 2drs, 4drs, wagons, pickups, etc. and none of them are more or less fun solely based on how many doors any of them had.

I was watching a video of street traffic in L.A. last night on here, but the name escapes me. There were an awful lot of 4drs driving around for them to not have existed or no one having drove them back in the day. ;)

I think some people just have to make up history as they go along so that they feel like it fits into their agenda better.

I personally grew up in the 90's and MY parents drove 2drs, my dad wouldn't drive anything without a 4 spd. Then I started driving huge 4dr boats with slush boxes when I was old enough to drive. Any child will always do the opposite of their parents, it's just human nature. I have to give my Dad a hard time now though because since he got older, almost all of his cars are 4drs with auto trannys. All things change with time.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  20. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

'56 Chevy four door hardtops as this one shown above are one of my favorites...along with '57 Fords

Attached Files:

21. autobilly

autobilly

Same goes in Oz Paul. Add to that the fact that our premier racing series (although OT) is run in four door sedans. Although most, including myself, would prefer a coupe, there's no shame in a "more door" here.

22. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

not much of a kustom....YET. but, a more door none the less!

Attached Files:

23. Here's mine. Gonna get resurrected soon.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

finn34, rodncustomdreams and Outback like this.
  24. speaks

speaks
    1. 4 door kustoms

^^^
    Man, that is the best looking chop on a four door Ive seen.

rodncustomdreams and Outback like this.

25. I fear that this "moronic prejudice" also exists here in Europe. A 4-door will never demand the same price as a 2-door . On German Ebay a nice 50s 4dr.-Chevy/Ford/whatever will maybe get you 8.000 to 10.000,- € , for the same model with 2 drs. you might even get twice as much.

I think the argument is not that no-one ever drove a 4-dr. in the 50s (were would all the 4-drs come from if it was so), but those who wanted to be "cool" (whatever that means) avoided 4drs because the were mostly considered family/housewifes/old men's cars.

But to be honest, while there are quite some 4drs. that look better than their 2dr. counterpart, more often it's the other way round.

I personally don't care, a nicely done car is what it is, no matter if it has 2 or 4 drs. Just look at speaks' chevy - just a beautiful car.

26. [​IMG]
    to
    [​IMG]

slowly getting there.

straykatkustoms likes this.
  27. Thank you.

28. Jay71

Jay71

My favorite 4 dr. around. Bob Nelsons fleet. The mild treatment definitely works best with these four doors. Wish I had some pics of the interior. I dare anyone to say they wouldnt be caught dead in this four door.:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  29. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

I agree that car is badass! Idk about those LEDs in the fender Wells though but still a cool 4 door

30. [​IMG]
    Local chopped car (behind) re-touched car (foreground left)