Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest "Dear ole Dad" Picture?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bbscamp, Dec 1, 2013.

1. bbscamp

bbscamp

Nobody is of more interest to a person than Dear ole' Dad. How about a post of a single image of your Dad.....doing what he loved (hopefully...car related).

Here is my Dad working on the wheels of the 1909 Thomas Flyer "round the world car from the 1990's. He had a specialty brake shop in Trenton. Did lots of antique heavy equipment, aircraft brakes (for Pitcairn) and even brakes for the rides at Six Flags Great Adventure. Did most of the brakes on all my vintage crap too. He's been gone 10 yrs now....sure do miss'em.

Attached Files:

2. I thought by the title it was gonna be a thread about Gray Baskerville! :) HRP

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I could use one about now.

4. my dad gone 16 years was my best friend and motivator ,sometimes have a hard time getting going without him ,was a heavy duty diesel mechanic his whole life could overhaul anything, a 8v71, 220 cummins , roadranger transmission, cat 3406 to a lawnmower didn't matter if it was mechanical he could do it ,was on Omaha beach in WW2 ,pretty tough guy nothing really bothered him ,anything I know I got from him

Attached Files:

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Great picture 'bbscamp'...

6. 63dan63

63dan63

Dad helped me chop my top a few years ago ...

Attached Files:

7. Here's me and my Dad sixty five years ago.................
    [​IMG]
    I still miss him.

8. goodturn

goodturn

My Dad passed away in 1977 at age 49 from a massive coronary. There are many pictures indelibly imprinted in my mind that I can't post, but they are there every day for me to see. He was a Chrysler man and had a 57 Plymouth hardtop, a 62 413 cu in. Chrysler, a 65 Chrysler hardtop, a 69 Chrysler hardtop, and finally, a 73 Charger when he died. He called me to look at a new 77 Chrysler a week before he died. He was one of those guys that could do it all. I still miss him every day.

9. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

My dad was never really a "car guy" although he usually supported me in my pursuits. He had some nice rigs over the years.

We lost him last year on Halloween. I have inherited his old F-150, way OT, and will try to get it back into shape to keep around for a while. We never did get around to that father/son project we long discussed. This was his driver on his wedding day in '59.

Attached Files:

• 51a.jpg
      51a.jpg
      File size:
      143.2 KB
      Views:
  10. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

Me and my dad back when he has his '39

Attached Files:

11. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Attached Files:

12. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Hard to believe I'm 15 years older than my dad is when this pic was taken. This is from the March '69 issue of Hot Rod mag.

Attached Files:

13. jpm49c

jpm49c

My Dad at his Enco station in Scottsdale 1966. He was the BEST! He taught me how to work on cars. He bought me my first Car Craft Magazine in 1959. Thanks Dad. Miss You!

Attached Files:

14. chryco

chryco
    from Winnipeg

[​IMG]

Dad and me early sixties at the Lake , Mom`s took the photo apparently....................

P.S . We`re standing in front of a 57' Dodge Regent , it sure used to fly !

15. 54pathfinder

54pathfinder
    from canada

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385954742.568233.jpg dad and me checking out Milners coupe.

Hood Birds c.c.

16. BELLM

BELLM

1948. Dad leaning against his 14 yr old car. 6 month old me crawling on the sidewalk.

Attached Files:

17. badshifter

badshifter

Riverside, getting ready to fly.

Attached Files:

18. My PoP in 57ish... On the right with one of many of "just cars".....

Attached Files:

19. PG

PG

My dad in 58 I believe.

Attached Files:

20. Dad & Mom, and Dad's 1957 Fairlane ragtop.

[​IMG]

21. My dad was a car guy his entire life. He started driving Model T's at 9 years old. He would race anything with wheels. He barely got out of high school, but was a genius with his hands. What ever he wanted, he built. I was blessed to have him for my dad. He taught me everything I know about mechanical things, and being a man. Here's a shot of him in one of his midgets in 1947.

[​IMG]

22. I can add somthing here! but with a twist! my Dad AND my dad's Dad ;)

[​IMG]

and one of my grandfather again:
    [​IMG]

its my car tho... haha :)

23. chopo

chopo

right outta church, from the car to the shop. He gets yelled at for not changing his clothes :D

Attached Files:

24. I don't have any photos of my dad and me,,but I have this old photo of my father-in-law and myself.

I think it's 1968,,my Dodge truck & Clydes Mustang. HRP

[​IMG]

25. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

# 1 = My Dad Pickin and Filin @ 82 Yr.s old ...........................pic # 2 = @ Model A Club Gathering in Genoa , Nevada on his 82 nd Birthday

Attached Files:

26. khead47

khead47

Here's my Pop. He always thought himself quite the ladys man!

Attached Files:

27. khead47

khead47

Edit.....the guy on the left! ^^^^^

28. That sure is a ugly woman he has his arm around! :eek: :D:D:D:D HRP

29. moval57wagon

moval57wagon
    from So Cal

Here's my Dad in 1971 with one of his Caddies. He had 2 1941 Cads and a 1947 Buick 2 door Sedanette and a 1937 Cadillac La Salle 2 door coupe. One of the 41's was a Series 61 4 door with 30k miles that was owned originally by the president of the Bank of America in Beverly Hills, Ca. The other 41 in this picture is a 2 door coupe. It has a 1954 Cad engine (331?) with a hydro trans. Dads been gone for 12 years now... but my older brother bought both of the caddies long before he passed. They have been in my brothers garage and not touched for at least 25 years.

Here's a picture of my mom, also in 71, with the 47 Buick. He bought the Buick from the original owners widow in the late 60's. It was showroom fresh. The original owner had every receipt for every penny that was spent on that Buick, including gas and milage at every fill up.

The La Salle was literally a barn find in the mid 60's. My dad was driving down Gridley Road in Dairy Valley (Now the Cerritos Auto Center in Ca.) and saw a barn being demolished by a bulldozer. He saw a reflection of headlights in the wreckage of the barn and stopped. It was the La Salle. He asked the dozer operator if the car was for sale. The operator apparently was the owner and said he would sell it for $ 300.00, but my dad had to get it out of there that morning or it would be scrap. Not knowing if it would run, came back with a battery and some gas. After some tinkering, it fired up and dad drove it home.

Sure miss him and his old cars. Hoping to be able to get one of the Cads from my brother one day.

Attached Files:

30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

x3.