Register now to get rid of these ads!

With winter coming what is evryone doing for storage?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mailerguy1, Dec 1, 2013.

1. mailerguy1

mailerguy1

How many of you can say that your wife will help you tie up your mistress? For me in the "Great White North" it means having to tarp and wrap up my "mistress" as the wife calls the 51. :D

2. cayager

cayager

I do what i do every year. pile everything in the garage like a jigsaw puzzle. forget where one thing goes and forget it. start over.

3. i just leave them where they are. put a bit of Sta-Bil in the tank , snap off the battery switch and turn up the heat in the garage

4. Here in the South we can enjoy driving our hot rods year round,,there are very few days that we can't so I put the cars in the garage like I do during the rest of the year. HRP

5. [​IMG]

I drive mine to work most of the time. The weather in Denver is great. The few days the streets have any snow at all I just stay home and play in the shop.

6. D-man313

D-man313

My dad(duckmanrob) and I just finished building a new pole barn for cold storage.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385951163.971187.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

7. 54pathfinder

54pathfinder
    from canada

I hide it in the "garage"

Hood Birds c.c.

8. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

I'm trying to decide that right now. I have a heated garage and an indoor cover but so far this has been the first weekend I haven't taken it out. I guess some sta-bil wouldn't hurt but my initial thought was to fire it up once a week and take it around the block or to church on Sunday. Do any of you northern guys run your cars all year?

9. I can, and have many pics to prove it :D

10. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Mine gets parked on the side yard, a little farther off the driveway then when I drive it in the summer. I work out of my garage and am amazed how many people can't back up a car or truck! I move it off the driveway so I don't have to worry about someone backing into it when they come to get something done. Gene

11. dinokruzordinance

dinokruzordinance

Reorganize the garage so things fit a little better and dig out the heaters.

12. I'm lucky enough to have a storage building separate from the shop, I was stupid enough to build it with the doors on the gable ends so what I put in there stays in there till the snow that slides off the roof melts in the spring.

13. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Inflate the tires, change the oil, fill up the tank with 100LL, & cover it until April or so (after a few rains to wash away the salt off the roads)

15. 54pathfinder

54pathfinder
    from canada

It's that magical season when everything you enjoy goes away and things like vomiting (which my wife is currently doing at this very moment) and not sun tanning or driving a nice car become your "life". Me Hatey Winturd

Hood Birds c.c.

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, I have heard of that. Never actually seen it, though.

17. 54pathfinder

54pathfinder
    from canada

Yes, it's ghastly. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385960889.177174.jpg

He seems relatively pleased though....

Hood Birds c.c.

18. Bryan G

Bryan G
    from Delmarva

There is a general-interest museum in our small town, located in what was once the service department of the dealer that sold my shoebox new. They offered to let me park the car in there after new years. I hate to have it off the road at all, but I guess having it in dry storage for the worst couple months of the year is a good idea. Maybe I'll spend the extra for a tankful of non-ethanol gas before I carry it up there.

19. I don't let my crap overflow into view around the house anyway, I don't like that look and I doubt the neighbors would either, so need to do anything different around here. I have heat in our small shop that works pretty quickly so we still poke along with our stuff all year round.

20. Drive it .. gets cold in Vegas but you can still enjoy driving them here.:thumbup:

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Store 1 and work on the other in the shop. built it several years ago, really helps the winter go by, it has a heater.

22. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

It's when the days get shorter.

23. Storage?

Attached Files:

24. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine are 24-hours, all year. ;)

25. Tarps?

Attached Files:

26. In the garage under cover with the show blower in back if it all ready to go.