Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best Shows Around the Country?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gabe1775, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Gabe1775

Gabe1775

OK I have a question for all of you. I have recently started as a vendor of hot rod shirts, and art prints. Someday I would like to grow big enough to travel to different shows around the country.

I would like to know in your opinion the biggest, best, have to attend shows around the country.

Back to the 50's is a given in my state of Minnesota, as well as billetproof, frankensteiner's ball, and Krome N Kandy. I also would like to attend the Viva Las Vegas show, and the Rockabilly Reunion at Lake Havasu, and the swap meet in Carlisle, Pa. Just need some thoughts on where else I should be looking for killer shows.

2. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Somernights cruise in Somerset Ky is great 800 to 1800 cars every fourth Saturday of the month from April thru October.

3. several NSRA, Louisville for sure.
    Goodguys Columbus.
    Turkey Run Daytona while we are celebrating Thanksgiving
    Syracuse
    Charlotte
    Myrtle Beach

4. Gabe1775

Gabe1775

Just so you know I am writing all these down! LOL IOLA! Definately! I have been meaning to go there one of these years. Especially it being so close. Thanks guys for the input. I am going to have search the internet for these shows, and see what they are about.

5. r.l.r

r.l.r

6. slammed

slammed

7. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Symco shakedown it's not to be missed in my book

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Gabe1775

Gabe1775

Thanks for liking my print! I will have to work on the Franken Hemi one! Trust me I have about a million ideas that will eventually come out. That franken flathead I barely could get it saved it was using up so much memory on my computer. The fire was using it up. I have to update my Adobe program to 64 bit. It's like having 600HP in your engine, but it has been limited down to 300HP. Upgrading to 64 bit let's me use it all! LOL

9. Gabe1775

Gabe1775

That Cheater's one I have heard of before it looks like it is right up my alley. I have always stuck to car shows around the Twin cities. So I have never really paid much attention to shows around the country. Someday it would be nice to travel to all the shows, selling my stuff.

This is not the first time hearing about the Symco shakedown either. I want to go to that one too. A friend of mine in the MSRA knows one of the organizers real well. I have to check that one out too!

10. seatex

seatex

Lone Star Roundup!

11. Brian C

Brian C

Jalopy Showdown in PA. Usually the 2nd weekend in May. Lot's of threads on it here on the HAMB. 1 day show, rain or shine. All kinds of great machinery comes through the gate. Great atmosphere, good food and live bands

Also it looks like the Race of Gentlemen in NJ during October is getting a good reputation as well. Only it's 2nd year and it's gaing a great following. I haven't been BUT it's on my list for 2014! People whose opinion I respect speak very well of it!

12. jefferson in WI

13. khead47

khead47

Relix Riot at the Gilmore Museum in Hickory Corners, Mi. Not the biggest, but one of the best. IMHO.

14. Papa Tom

Papa Tom

h.a.m,b nat. Joplin mo. and mokan drags

15. Gabe1775

Gabe1775

LOL I have a lot of research to do I see. I will have to add all these to a list. Check them out through the internet. Check dates, and locations and start planning a rough schedule of what order they are in. So I can eventually attend alot of these.

16. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Three Midwest shows-
    Retro Rewind (indoor show), Dubuque Iowa- January 11
    Torque Fest, Dubuque Iowa- May 2-3
    Iron Invasion, Woodstock Illinois- October 11-12

Dubuque is 230 miles from Hastings and Woodstock is 340 miles from Hastings.

17. Charleston Boulevard Rod Run & Doo Wop in Charleston, WV. Cruisn' Times Magazine rated it the top show in 2012 and 2013 for 1000+ entrants. Check it out at their website: www.charlestonwvcarshow.com

18. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

James Dean Duck Tail run in Gas City, In
    All Carlisle events
    MOPAR Nationals in Columbus
    Boonesborough Boogie in Boonesborough Ky every October

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

hot rod reunion, Bowling Green, KY

20. toml24

toml24

Donut Derelicts Car Show in Huntington Beach California every Saturday morning from 5:30am-8:30am. 250 vintage cars and trucks. No rules, no boss man to answer to. Just come and enjoy!. Best FREE car show on the West coast.

21. Grand National Roadster Show: Pomona California
    L.A. Roadster Show and Swap Meet: Pomona, California
    March Meet: Bakersfield, California
    Hot Rod Reunion: Bakersfield, California

22. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

The Frog Follies in Evansville, IN is a great show!

23. Gabe1775

Gabe1775

Torque Fest and Iron Invasion were on my list. But I didn't know about Retro Rewind. I add that one too!

24. Gabe1775

Gabe1775

Ok I have added all these to my list, and will check them out individually. See what vendor costs and such run.

I am curious here in Minnesota we have Back to the 50's which brings in 13,000 cars roughly. Anyone know of any other shows that size?? I know Carlisle is huge. I also know that one in Detroit where they cruise up and down the street is like the biggest one anywhere.

25. Scrap Drive & Meltdown Drags in Illinois

26. It doesn't get any better than this. Am guessing there were over 2000 cars last year in Austin's fair grounds.

27. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Woodward Dream Cruise.

28. Mississippi Mayhem!! Great Family fun and drag racin!!!

Attached Files:

29. Gabe1775

Gabe1775

Yeah woodward cruise is the biggest in the country isn't it!? Yeah! :( Mississippi Mayhem I wanted to go this year, but my wife had a cousin who had a wedding that weekend! That sucked!