Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mooneyes Xmas Show Meetup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crookshanks, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Any SoCal locals cruising north to the show Saturday morning? I'm in Santa Fe Springs - just looking to join up to cruise out. My first Irwindale show and I hear its nuts out there.

2. Looking to go this year. Anyone know the price on general parking?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

General Admission is $5. Spectator parking is $10.
    Last year, the show was sold out by 7 am.
    Many of those that brought a car and had pre-registered, couldn't get in and had to park in the spectator parking lot.

4. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

anything happening on Friday night before the show?

I cant be at the show Saturday, but have Friday night free.

5. Flattop Rook

Flattop Rook
    from Australia

Thanks for the tip, I'm here from Australia and that is a must for me I would hate to be turned away.
    I'll be traveling from Aliso Viejo, will the traffic be very light early?

Posted from an °[ •• ]°

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if you go, be sure to take lots of pics and post them here

7. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I would recommend the earlier, the better. The line to get in is very long. In years past, when I left at 1 pm, spectator cars were still lined up to get in. Back when they had it at the Sheriff's Academy, I arrived at 4 am and the line for show cars was miles long hence the move to Irwindale. Last year was the first time they turned show cars away. If you're coming as a spectator, it should be fine.

8. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

In years past, Bad Bob had a caravan but it was usually posted by now.

9. What time are you shooting for to be at the gate?

10. straight

straight
    from USA

Post pics when you get there!

11. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I'm going to be in the pre-registered line at 4 am.

12. Early!

13. After going for the last few years, and getting there early (5:30) last year with the hot rod and STILL being turned away and having to park in the spectator parking, I was a little miffed. I don't think I'm going back this year. I probably won't go back until they decide to have it at a place that can accommodate the crowds, like the Fairplex. And another thing.....in the last few years, I've noticed an increasing trend of people drinking way too early (7 am), and by 2pm when it's time to leave, they're lit and hauling ass through the parking lot on the way out. I've got nothing against drinking, but there's a time and place and you need to be responsible. If you're going to drink that much, somebody else needs to drive.

It's a decent show, got a lot of cool stuff there, but it has gotten too big for it's location. It desperately needs a change of location.

14. Flattop Rook

Flattop Rook
    from Australia

Thanks gasser and others fur the info I will be in the spectators so I will try and leave Aliso Viejo @ ~5 as my wife will have been working all week it appears to be an hours drive and I am guessing there shouldn't be any traffic holdups.
    P's Thanks for the tip to leave a little early flat_low
    Posted from an °[ •• ]°

15. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

From the reaction to this thread, I thought no one was going. However, I just checked my pre-registration packet, I'm number 1046. I guess it's going to be crowded like last year.

16. I'm 1193, yikes!!

17. #1442. How many are they selling?

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

how many spaces in spectator parking?

19. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I've never been in the spectator parking lot except to turn around, but it's quite a walk to the car show area. A lot of parking in the show car/drag area is taken by trailers and rigs to tow race cars though.

20. Flattop Rook

Flattop Rook
    from Australia

The important people are going :D
    If your numbers are on your cars and I find them I say hello (if your near)
    I'm happy to walk...

21. My first and I can't wait… WISH I had on of my Kustoms to drive to it…

22. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Thats the reason why they insist if you are racing, and have a trailer, you have to park it the day before. There is just no way you would make it in the day of the show. With the sale of the racetrack going through, this very well may be the final year it is held at this venue. Will kinda miss it, as it has a certain vibe to the whole show.. You want a real eye opener? Stay 'till the end, and witness the amount of trash and filth everyone leaves behind. Thats real sad.....

23. They need to figure out how many spaces for cars are there and make it pre registered only like Santa Maria. It's offensive to turn away someone that registered months ago. If I get turned away I'm never going back.

24. NAES

NAES

I didnt pre register in time and sent an email to see if i could still get in. They said just show up and pay the 40 bucks at the gate. Cool for me but i do agree that pre reg. Should get priority over me or anyone else just showing up. At the very least a separate line to get in.

See everyone there dark n early!

25. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

X2 i agree , the drinking is out of control, need a bigger venue

26. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Well. The best I can do to help out is this. Since I'll be there the night before, freezing my ass off, I'll have a pot of thick black, strong coffee going in the AFX pit area. If you get there at o'dark thirty, wander over, and I'll pour you a cup to help warm up.

27. leroux

leroux
    from SoCAl

sorry I'm jumping into a thread hats not about meeting up.
    I can't make it out there this year and my buddies can't as well.

I am looking for a favor. I want a poster from the show...if you want a 6'we of you call it and the price for the poster please pm me. I wi
    l delete the post once a dialog is made.....thanks guys. Be safe out there

28. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Last year I arrived around 6am and parked way out in the far lot. I had to leave early and by 10am there was a LOOONNNNNG line to get in and I don't kow where they were going to park. I didn't stay long enough to see the drunks fighting but saw the video on Youtube later on. I would expect them to have better control over that stuff this year. Lots of 200lb women thinking they look like Bettie Page...

29. DITTO, put some clothes on. LOL

30. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

The decline of shows like this is exactly why I'd rather meet up with buddies to drive our cars than attend organized shows or "parties". What a mess. It becomes more about the scene than really getting out and burning gas. Ugh.