Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 25 T roadster gow job build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by olskool34, Sep 13, 2013.

1. olskool34

olskool34

My wife took this pic last night, her camera takes much better pics than mine. Had to get in it and see how she feels. Can't wait to go down the road in this thing.

[​IMG]

2. 117harv

117harv

WOW, spot on in every way...great pic.

3. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

I'm a big fan of this build. You're doing an amazing job! I hope to one day build something similar. Nice work!

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

5. olskool34

olskool34

Thanks guys! Today I am going to play with the rear spring, it has no give at all being that the body is so light. It was a pickup chassis so it has more leaves than a passenger car spring. I also got my radiator support rods in so I am going to steal the brackets off a crappy A firewall I have and put them on the T firewall.

6. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

Amazing job Jeff !!!

7. olskool34

olskool34

Well I have no pics yet to show but I screwed around with the spring. It was a 10 leaf so I took it apart. Played around with the leaves for awhile and ended up getting rid of 5 of them. It dropped the back end around 1 1/2 and it now has some spring. It is still stiff but if I jump on the rear crossmember it now gives like a car should. I will snap some side pics tomorrow.

8. crashbox

crashbox

I found this thread this morning, went through the whole thing with a big cup o' coffee. Wow, this a great build, impressive stuff! Lots of nice details. Learning some things here.
    Motivates me to get out to the garage and get some dirt under my fingernails...
    Tom

9. olskool34

olskool34

Here are some pics from today. It still has a slight rake but not as bad. Found this late model A steering column drop and it fits like it was made for the T. Also got the radiator brace rods on. I still need to do a little work to the lower firewall area where the floorboard will go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Outback, DylanHill1931 and Dannerr like this.
  10. Looking good there fella!

11. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

That's it! Done. Leave it alone.
    I thought it would be better with the front dropped a little also, but it's not the first time I have been wrong, and probably not the last.
    With what at first glance seems just rubber rake really nails the look for the period.
    Well done. Will look forward to seeing it at Sins.
    You have made me really, really regret selling all of my early T sheet metal.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

12. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Perfect! I don't see anything that couldn't have been done in the '30s.

13. olskool34

olskool34

Do you know how many times I walked by your stack of tin in the swap area and thought I should buy it? Probably 5 times. I regreted not buying it! LOL. It will be at Sins for sure.

14. Steel A Rod

Steel A Rod

Cool Photo!!

15. Smack021488

Smack021488
    from Chicago

nice man i really like this thing!!!

16. woody58

woody58

Wow, I haven't been on the HAMB in a while,you really are a craftsman with metal. Looks great! Can't believe what you've done in such a short time. Sure am glad I sold it to you or it would still be sitting on my barn floor. The mice sure miss their home! Keep up the good work, it looks awesome. I'll send you some pics of the progress on my 48 Ford pickup project.

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

What happened to the T rear spring?...not gonna use it?

...and really cool build you have going.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

19. AWESOME!!!! I will definitely be following your progress!

20. olskool34

olskool34

One thing about this build that has been bothering me was the dash. I thought at first that it looked perfect but the more I kept looking at it, the more it looked wrong to me. I recessed the panel in the dash and that is just not something that would have been done in the 30's so I cut it all out and started over.

Today I tried something different and cut the outer flange off the A instrument cluster so it would be flat like the original T cluster. It is alot more simple and I think it looks "right" now.

This was the old:
    [​IMG]

This is the new:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dannerr and brEad like this.
  21. bct

bct

way cleaner ...good call

22. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Boy does this roadster look cool- nice change with the dash as well... Looks clean and simple now.

23. olskool34

olskool34

Thanks, I am alot happier with the second try.

Since the A gas gauge will not be used now, I got an old temp gauge from a hamber that I am going to run in the place of it and got this for the T tank. It is an original era accessory that I found. It screws in place of the stock cap and lets you know how much gas is in the tank. I took it apart and replaced the cork float and it works great!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  24. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That guage rules!

25. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

The dash is perfect now!! You just gave me a good idea for mine too!! Love the new pics!! Seeing it on the chassis and being able to roll it outside is like a real milestone in a build. Funny too how different they look in the sunlight and when you can get back away from it to see the proportions. EXCELLENT WORK!!!!!

26. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

I so need one of those gas gauges for my tank!!!!!

27. olskool34

olskool34

I tried finding out more about it but didn't find much info. It's called the "little wonder"