Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 338ci Y-Block Wrapped Up in '30 Model A Tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mctim64, Feb 2, 2012.

1. oldspwr

oldspwr

Just found your thread and read every page... Incredible project....

I'm setting a 272 Y block in my model A frame tonight... Would you be able to post a pic of your motor mount?

Thanks,

Tom

2. I'll try to get a couple close pix of the mounts tonight. I'll also post some of the back seat that Bryan delivered this weekend. Beautiful IMO! :D

3. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Lucky dog!

4. I hope this helps with the motor mount. Let me know if you need another angle.

[​IMG]

Here is Bryans handy work on the rear seat. You can see it here but up close you can see what real craftsmanship looks like. ;)

[​IMG]

I had some old Y-Block emblems given to me a while back and I finally figured out what to do with them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took it for a pretty good drive this weekend too, put 60 - 70 miles on it. No problems and drives very nicely. Having a good time showing off to friends and giving rides.

[​IMG]

5. ^^^ Looks awesome, Tim...you should be very pleased.

Can't wait for my turn to go for a ride :D

6. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

7. Thanks guys! Todd you'll get your ride as soon as we get together. Brendon, you're right around the corner come on over. :)

8. ownster

ownster

What a cool video and what a cool build! I now have 30+ pages of reading to do this Thanksgiving weekend. And I look forward to that, thanks!

9. Tim,
    I've been following your exploits with the Y-block for inspiration. I had to step away from my coupster for a bit, and now feel it's time to get back to it. Thanks for all your help!
    Question: I noticed the fuel lines are copper or copper coated steel. If copper, are you concerned about work hardening through vibration? Or are the clamps and solid mount eliminate that issue?
    Thanks,
    Richard

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  10. Not really worried, been using copper for fuel lines for a long time. Seemed to work fine on my old airplane. Anything copper on this system is rigid, if it flexes I used rubber. ;)

11. Looks like you're enjoying yourself there Timmer,............. GOOD JOB !!!!:D:D

12. Took some photos for Christmas cards yesterday. Just having fun with the Sedan. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

customline3859 likes this.
  13. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Damn shame that car isn't pretty Tim.
    It's down right beautiful!
    Love the black and white shots and the lack of modern "clues" in the background.

mctim64 likes this.
  14. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Just spent the last hour catching up on your thread. Been out of the loop for quite a while. I knew you finished it because my dad showed me a video of it the other day. Looks perfect! Makes me want to build a 312 for my coupe but i just spent the last four years building my frame for my flathead t5 setup. Going to do a custom firewall so i can put an overhead in it later though. Anyhow you pulled it off again! Great work!!!!
    -NICK-

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. glrbird

glrbird

Tim
    Had to come over here to see the sedan, it turned out more outstanding than i had figured it would, another great job. Guess you will be spending a lot of time cruzing next year!
    Gary Ryan

16. Carpet is done now! Top and headliner are the last details. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. What did you end up using for carpet?

18. Brown square weave $150 a yard. ;)

19. That car DESERVES it!

20. Lancer

Lancer

Looking Great Tim! Can't wait to go for a ride.

21. mechanic58

mechanic58

22. Great job Tim, now get that trailer hitch on her...............

23. Before I even read this I was going to reply "square weave Nice$$$$$$$$$"

24. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)It looks just like a Tellafunkin U-47 legend ! :cool::D
    :D

25. NICE!!

A model "A" hot rod with a finished interior!

26. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

27. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Love your rod.
    I mess my carpit up to often for big $ there,I'm just staying with some cheepO Black in my A

28. I've been having a blast in this car! :D

It's been on the road for a little while now and I may have more than 300 miles on it but from the start it has had a bit of a bounce or vibration when you get it up t0 65+ mph. Couldn't find any place that would balance the "Wide Five" wheels I have on the front so I just lived with it. Well, this week I took it to an old shop in town (been around since 1947) I heard the did balancing on the car. The guy that owns the place did it himself and let me watch, not many places will do that. When it was all done he charged me $40 and I gave him $50 since he walked me through it. Always fun to learn something new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love this old alignment rack they have. :)

[​IMG]

Now the car will scream down the highway at 80+ without a hint of vibration. And you ought to hear it with the C-4 and 4.11s at that speed. ;)

Took it over to Derrek's to show him and Kleet how it has turned out, took them both for a ride too. Also saw Brendon (Kustom Falcon) there too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Yup,good guy that did your balancing for sure. The only guys that let you bethere to see what there doing are the ones that really know what there doing,the rest always say sorry insur. will not let us have you inside the shop,thats BS. I closed my shop retired 15years ago,but always let anyone that would like to see how I was doing work for them,do so,and yes most of the time they gave a nice tip after seeing how and how much work it takes.