Register now to get rid of these ads!

My model A build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob lee, Apr 17, 2013.

1. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Rob, That was an interesting idea on using the '41 frame for the Model "A" ! Of course I hope that you are recycling the body and parts to some one who can use them. Love your Y-Block powered "A" !

Dave

2. daddio211

daddio211

I love ingenious ideas that few have dared try. Cool build!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

3. 49chev

49chev

Looks bitchin! I never get tired of looking at model A builds! Inspires me to finish mine!

4. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

The body was pretty much toast,full of mud and bashed up.I did save the trans,front end & rear end.I never git rid of anything that could be used down the road. Rob

5. JRussell

JRussell

6. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Should have something to report this weekend,try to do something everyday. Thanks for the interest! Rob

7. great looking project. keep up the good work

8. Looks great Rob! I was wondering what you were up to just the other day! Did you register it for the HAMB Drags??? (Hint, hint!)

9. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Well I just keep plugging away,trying to get steering,exhaust,oil filter and clutch all in a small area. I've got the steering box mounted and a shorty oil filter. Found a good place to mount the clutch slave.Exhaust looks like its gonna sneak by also. I will get some pics into my photobucket and get em posted. Later,Rob

10. What steering box are you using? I'm trying to fit a modified F1 box and there is little room for the filter. Like to see what you got going on there.

11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

looking good!

hows tire clearance with the 46 axle with the bones mounting so close to the spindle?

12. So, you don't show up at the drags, and Nick tells me you sold your roadster! WTF?! Do we at least get an update on this Jim dandy of a coupe? :D

13. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Sorry about the lack of progress,killed me to miss the drags! Been having best season at work in 4 or 5 years,so I gotta make hay while the sun is shining. Gonna drive my daily down to the greaserama next weekend,maybe catch up with ya there. The good news is I'll have more time this winter in the garage without worries. Should have it on the road next spring. Thanks for the interest,updates will be coming... Rob

14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Cool man, see you this weekend :)

Posted using My Dick Tracy watch and the full custom HAMB app

15. logride

logride
    from CB IA

Good looking project. That frame looks like it should take some abuse!

16. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Finally a little progress to report on,got the steering shaft,oil filter,and exhaust all ran down the same area. Running a vega box,short oil filter and 13\4 pipe to get down inside the frame. Also got the seat set in for a fitting,everything seems to feel good as far as the pedals go.[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]Just gets down there[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]Stock model A bench[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]Adapter bracket to use clutch master[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] Gonna keep after it!

17. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

18. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Ready to go![​IMG][/URL][/IMG] Deck lid and panel below{ sorry [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]crappy pic}

19. Cool! Hey, I bought a rear end for my '34 off a guy up there. Ima look you up when I get up there to pick it up ( if I can't get it relayed to me, ha!)

20. Nice work Rob , keep at it . I like what you did with the frame . I'm using the same X section in an A frame .

21. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Cool hit me up before hand and i'll pm my number to ya!

Thanks!

22. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Holy Cow, I somehow missed this thread before! Gonna be really nice, looking forward to seeing it done. I'm a little bummed you sold your roadster though I really dug that car.

23. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Ya I miss the roadster too,had alot of fun in that car! Thanks Rob

24. Will do!

25. Very nice coupe. It is a great form of motivation for my own coupe. Keep it up.

26. very nice! that intake will be great, nice work all around.
    thanks for the thread. more plz..

27. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Rob, abuse his hotrod? :D:D:D

28. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Abuse,damn near the same word as use. Right? haha

29. Hey Rob, appreciate the update. That whole idea of fitting oil filter, exhaust, and steering using a yblock can be a challenge! Looks like you've done a great job.