Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 53 Has Finally Arrived

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -Malign Motorsports-, Nov 20, 2013.

1. So happy she is finally here in AZ all the way from New Jersey.

She is 1953 Chevy Bel Air 2 door, I am the second owner and she only has 68,560 miles on her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Congrats! She looks nice.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Thank you, so excited:D

4. Midget25

Midget25

That is very cool. How did you find it? Enjoy!!!!!

5. I actually bought it off of Ebay, never thought I would buy a car online. :cool:

6. That's cool. Did you get her for a fair price?

7. shadams

shadams

Damn that is cool....seems like I just painted my dash that color, love it....

8. kennyg1931

kennyg1931

Looks very nice ; What are your plans for the car ?

9. brady1929

brady1929

10. Yes I got a killer deal on her, the guy ran out of room to store it and he needed to sell before winter hit.

11. captmullette

captmullette

good looking car, aint it fun.....

12. Paint, air bagges, interior.

13. Who makes a good bag system for this model and year, mostly what bags for the front?

~Thanks

14. I like the Slam specialties bags, just need to know what diameter and height to use.

15. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

That is a very nice clean car..
    Good for you..

16. Thank you

17. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

look good . enjoy. and at least they didn't drop it off the front and have it land upside down when they unloaded it. lol

Attached Files:

18. Hot Rod Cowboy

Hot Rod Cowboy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet little ride you picked up! I'm glad ebay worked out for you. I bought one car that way and learned a very expensive, albeit valuable, lesson. Enjoy that little beauty!

19. Holy shit... Your car???:eek:

20. Yeah worked out awesome. Sorry to hear yours did not, if you dont mind me asking... What happened?

21. shadams

shadams

Now how in the f*** did that happen. I would be pissed....

22. I would be as well. :mad:

23. Hot Rod Cowboy

Hot Rod Cowboy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was stupid and didn't have the car inspected. That's the bottom line. I did talk to the seller on the phone before bidding and also got a bunch of stuff in emails that turned out not to be true.

When the car showed up in TX from RI the vin tag was missing, the current registered owner was not the seller (RI is a no title state, so the bill of sale seller did not match the registered owner which was a no fly zone at TX DMV), paint was said to only need a cut and buff to be "show stopper" but in reality looked like it was painted in the driveway over a few cases of beer, tons of bondo in rocker panels, the exhaust was held up with zip ties, one door wouldn't open, the seller busted a window after the close of the auction, the motor smoked, the list goes on and on. I ended up trailering the car 196 miles to all of the various state "inspections" and DMV offices in order to finally get it titled and registered.

The car would have been a decent starting point but the price I paid was for a ready to go, restored (higher-end armature quality) car, minus a couple small odds and ends. Oh yeah, and the guy was a cop to boot. I contacted a lawyer but litigating would have cost more than just reselling the car and eating the difference.

I actually ended up selling the it to a fellow HAMBer, who loves it. However, I was very honest and upfront about the car's shortcomings and the price reflected that.

Oh well, enough of my pity party. I really dig your car. I've always had a soft spot for '53-'54 Chevys. They are way underrated!

24. shadams

shadams

Sounds like my truck....ha! Hey some of us gotta learn the hard way, right?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013

25. Wow man sorry to hear that.

26. gordspeed

gordspeed
    from Oregon

Your 53 looks sweet! Enjoy! :)

27. fastcar1953

fastcar1953