Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-1960 Dodge/Fargo/DeSoto Truck only picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemiken, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Nice looking truck!! going to be a sweet build. As far as the window parts try Roberts motor parts they stock some of the items you maybe looking for I bought new glass in my 56 and I had the side vent window made by Choice Auto Glass. Also try to contact your local auto glass company and see if they will sell by the foot?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Nice truck David! I like the chrome smoothies. I'm thinking about putting them on mine. Good luck with the window stuff. I took my vents out and went to one piece glass. If you do, be sure to get the tracks just right. I didn't and cracked both of my windows. Pictures...we like pictures.

3. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Cool! glad to see You found your way over here. Im sure you saw this already on your Intro but I will post it again, here so if anyone else's is looking its easier to find the info. And post a couple more pictures too.

I have done all my own window felts and tracks. I got mine from Bell Auto Glass in phoenix,AZ http://bellglassco.com

I just told them my vehicle and I was surprised they had it and the pushing style clips for the horizontal felts too. and its pretty cheap if I remember right might want to make a call and see if they will ship to your area. They sell it by the foot.

I did double horizontal felts in mine (Stock they are only one side) gives it a really tight seal and keep the window from jiggling just a thought and easy to remove if you don't like it, its pops right off. Only modification to make them fit is drill a few new holes at a angle.

The hardest part was having to drill the old rivets out and replace and transfer the angled bracket to the new channel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. shadwsndst

shadwsndst

Joel what stops water from dripping down into your door after the sweeps end? I looked and it doesn't appear that my doors have drains. Maybe those before me covered them up with bondo?

5. shadwsndst

shadwsndst

It also looks as though I might have to find some sort of replacement for the side vent knob locks (is that even a real thing?) both are seized up pretty tightly. I'll be calling bellglass in the morning to see what they've got. Updates this weekend. I think I only have one angle bracket side, I might have to fab something up.

6. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Yes there are drains in the bottom of the door, you might want to make some or mother nature will do it for you and in a not so nice way... :eek:

7. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

So I just started to get brave enough to play around with a Photoshop like program called GIMP for Macs. my first time "photoshopping a vehicle"
    So I always wanted to know what some rear Sweptside station wagon quarters modified to a 57 short bed would look like with a blue metallic type paint job. I have never seen one before, so of course I want to build one. Wish I was better with the color matching…so pretend the fins and the body are the same blue :p tell me what you think?

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  8. That would be killer! Now I need to find some wagon quarters...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Joel...now that is just plain cool. Love that. Can you photoshop some wide whites and chrome smoothie on mine? Please....?

Attached Files:

10. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Sorry I wish it was better, I'm still learning a lot about this program. :p …..I also saw your post in the photoshop thread and posted there too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  11. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Joel...thanks! I'm trying to imagine different wheel combo's, etc. That helps. Someone told me that I ought to paint the wheels white.
    Steve-

12. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Personally I don't think the white wheels would look right I like the red, smoothies and whites. Yeah its a little overdone but there is a reason... It looks good. :cool:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  13. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

WOW, love the fins Joel........ You guys are getting in to it now, awesome.

14. slychamp

slychamp
    from Qc ca

Found this pic on the big web i think it a mix between a route van and a 54 1/2 ton??

Attached Files:

15. slychamp

slychamp
    from Qc ca

some one found on another tread it 1956 dodge postal van :eek:

tk's Alaska 53

16. 1952 Dodge

1952 Dodge

It has been suggested that I post the below information in this thread so here goes:
    I am a new member and thought that I would share with you my project. I inherited a 1952 Dodge 1/2 ton short side bed pickup Thanksgiving 2012 from my brother-in-law. It had been sitting out in the weather at his place in Beatty Oregon since 1990 but had literally no rust since the climate is so dry there. It is in the process of a frame off restoration and I have all the painted body parts back and it is going together at this time. I have decided to go back with a warmed over small block Mopar and a Torqueflite transmission. (I realize that I will hear from some for not keeping it stock but it will be all Mopar) I have included a few pictures for your viewing pleasure. The engine that you see "sitting" in the frame is being used for mock up purposes only and will be replaced soon with a 318 bored .060 over with worked over 360 heads. Please overlook the wheels and tires that are on it at this time as they are super ugly.
    I have all my original extra parts posted in the classified in the HAMB classified if you have an interest.
    Will keep you updated as progress is being made.
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attached Files:

17. Bells Dodge

Bells Dodge

You don't know what it does to me to see a truck like mine with a finished paint job. I've wanted to do that for a long time. On the other hand, I have now put 10,000 miles on my truck driving it every day, so it is a lot of fun just like it is.
    Your truck looks great. Keep the pictures coming.

18. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

1952 Dodge...Nice Truck! Post more pics as you progress with your build.

Steve-

19. I agree that is definitely going to be nice please keep posting pics

20. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

So Ive been thinking about putting WWW and lowering the 57 so I shopped it what do you guys think?

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

21. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

Man, that looks good! That's how I want mine to look. What method are you going to use to lower it? Sid's or an ifs?
    Steve-

22. nitrousnutter

nitrousnutter

With those wheels/tires yes, but in my honest opinion leave it high and get some steels back on it, would look miles better.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. skull

skull

ditch the white wall tires, they look horrible on that truck:(

the 5 spokes look killer:D

Later :cool:

24. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I want to do Sids I am all ready to do it except I need to figure out my steering box issue it has a lot of play and I can't find a replacement or build kit anywhere. so thats the killer for that method right now, I'm in-between that and a Dakota frame swap, The Dakota would be really easy except having to raise the bed floor.

25. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Yeah I will never get rid of the TT2's Those to me are the best looking wheels ever made. they are not going anywhere.