Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Here ya go,,gotta admit I have a thing for wagons,,this one has moved the bar several notches higher. HRP

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M5SHLFnW6j8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GfEsTxQQtYo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cody, I love that exhaust note. Sounds mean!

3. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

You have definitely raised the bar! Great job!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. RamJet1

RamJet1

Awesome, just awesome! This build has captivated me for as long as I've been a member.

Quick question on the second video: The video looks like it has corrected the movement of the I-phone. Is this a separate program, and if so is it only for Apple stuff?
    Thanks, and looking forward to your progress. Amazing Wagon!

5. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, I know your smile was a mile wide, happy for you dude....Jim

6. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Way to go, the build is really fantastic and it is great to see you reach this point Cody.

7. NoSurf

NoSurf

Wooo-hooo!!!

Great job man.

8. Wowcars

Wowcars

Awesome. I remember the first driveway drive in the Studebaker. LOVE that feeling! We're all excited for you man!

9. jeffrob

jeffrob

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Great feeling, isn't it...??? To know that all the work (and time) you put into the car works together..."bugs" are always going to be in any build/rebuild...it's part of the game...congrats on the drive...!!!

R-

11. Sounds great, looks killer!

12. spasecadet

spasecadet
    from PDX

Congrats on the first drive! Awesome build :)

13. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thank you for the kind words , the wagon is not as perfect as it might seem to everyone , there are a lot of flaws ,but it is what it is :)

gotcha , I cant wait to see it painted
    where the long roof digest page at ????? I ll post some photos I took yesterday from the front , it kinda looks blah in the front since I don't have the grill and rest of the front end on yet
    thank you again hrp your a life saver
    thanks im pretty happy with the way it sounds too, deff unlike any other 6 I ever herd
    thank you

thanks, I don't have a clue what happened with the second video

yes it deff made my month , there still a lot of bugs to work out but its coming

thank you bruce

thanks

yah its quite a feeling :D
    yes it is ,thanks
    thanks

thank you

14. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Monday update time ,just some shots from yesterday , today I took it easy and put down the ez cool insulation in the wagon and cleaned up the big mess I made from yesterday

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[​IMG]

15. oldman2

oldman2

Looks great Cody...Jim

16. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks again Jim

17. Getting exciting! :)

18. Marten

Marten

What a great looking car, soooo @#$% jealous of it!
    Great detail work and color scheme is also my taste

19. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thank

Me to

20. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

I've been reading through this thread for the last several days, whenever I get a chance. I've delayed posting, trying to get to the end. I've resisted the urge to jump to the end to see your car finished, instead, following your journey. With such a long thread, everything that can/should be said has been said so many times. I don't know how you stay so modest. I finally caved and had to post to say how much I love the car and, at only page 60, I still haven't seen the car completely painted. Only the roof so far. Amazing work! Best of luck. I'm back to reading on page 60.

21. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks for takin the time to go threw it all , and for the great complement

22. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Cody.Still following along.Looking better all the time.Outstanding build.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

23. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow! I am so stunned by the amount of ideas, workmanship and perfection you are putting into this car. You are not playing in a better league, that´s just a whole different sport! Like soapbox racing vs Formula 1.Holy shit! I wish I had a quarter of your talent and 2% of your imagination.
    How could I miss this until now?

24. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Monday update time again , I found a pin hole leak in the radiator after letting the motor run for 20 min , so I had to tare all of that stuff back apart , frustrating times but on the good side of things , after it ran for 20 min it never got over 180degrees, so I decided to start doing some interior work since all the glass is in
    [​IMG]

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks for following
    thanks , any one could build do it , it all just takes time, obsessin , and patients

26. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Really coming along Cody!!

27. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

yes it is :D

28. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Hope to see this thing in person sometime. Will it make it to any shows/ events in the dirty south? Run to the Sun? Autofair in Charlotte, Goodguys/ Charlotte? Steel in Motion?? Love the build thread. Good luck with the rest of the build.

29. Dorrier kustom

Dorrier kustom

Man you are getting close. It looks incredible. Can't wait to see it on the cover of rodders journal.

30. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, sorry about the radiator, but better now than later. Interior is looking great, nice job...Jim