Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Modifieds only!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Gibb

Gibb

Modified inspired, this body will sit real low. It's had a bit added on the bottom for a deeper look and I cheated a bit with the no doors thing. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1384233163.722505.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. gonzo

gonzo

I think I'm going to raise it up a little. That kick up is ridiculous.

3. Leoraf

Leoraf

4. Leoraf

Leoraf

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

My buddy Joe's at Good Guy's yesterday, through the lens of Tom Davidson...[​IMG]

wcben, exterminator and kiwijeff like this.
  6. Jiminy

Jiminy

I assume that is a battery box next to the gas tank - got any up close pictures and a description?

7. A Boner

A Boner

Love this hot rod. What are those rear tires?

8. Leoraf

Leoraf

It's an O'brien truckers battery box. It's cast finned aluminum and made
    for an optima battery.

9. gonzo

gonzo

Every guy in the club has had their hand in this cookie jar.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385427565.387523.jpg

10. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

What a great looking ride! Any more info or pics avaliable?:)

11. woodbox

woodbox

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

[​IMG]

'Nother one from the front... I hope Tom Davidson doesn't mind my sharing his pictures.

wcben, exterminator and kiwijeff like this.
  13. topfuel55

topfuel55
    from Hebron IN

Modified freak checking in here, I put up pictures a couple of years ago of my car mocked up. It’s on the road now , not done but runnin’. I made some changes like tires and induction system. The bike tires up front made for interesting handling , the dual quads were enough to make me punch a small girl. Single Holley is not to original but made the car a joy to drive. Ran a bunch of fuel through it, got sun bakes and wind blown. Got drowned in a monsoon, got the crap scared out of me by brain dead drivers and by burnouts gone wrong. I have seen my Daughter smile and comment how pretty the stars are without a top. I have had great friends smile with pride pulling in to a cruze nite. I’ve let kids climb all over it, and given rides to young kids who’s faces lit up like Christmas morning when I say hop in let’s go for a ride. It’s far from perfect , but it’s been a long time since I’ve had so much fun. I also got to see my 18 year old son take a girl for a ride and got to see that smile that only a hot rod and a young lady can give a young man. I can’t wait for summer to return and fuel to burn, Tops down throttle on the firewall hair messed up!

Attached Files:

A Boner likes this.
  14. silent rick

silent rick

15. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

So where are you guys hiding your battery? Under the body? I saw one mounted up high by the tank, just curious, would love to see where and what battery your using..

16. Beau

Beau

Gonzo, I welded the door skins I had in, but you body looks similar to my scrap heap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Boner, exterminator and kiwijeff like this.
  17. gonzo

gonzo

Yep even sport coupes need to realize their hot rod destiny, yours looks great. The roach I was working with has been broken up and cast to the wind in favor of a complete sedan project I found, as my buddy Jim said it was the end of an error.

18. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Here are a couple

Attached Files:

A Boner and kiwijeff like this.
  19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I have been meaning to shoot some picts of my buddy Ronnie Olmstead's little car for quite awhile now. It a '30 "A" that has lived a convoluted life first as a sedan, then a pickup, and now a roadster pickup narrowed modified. It has a healthy little four banger under the hood and lots of cool little tricks to be hold...

Attached Files:

A Boner and wcben like this.
  20. Beau

Beau

I like that ^^^

Any other info on the windshield stanchions? I'd like to see how they were mounted. I like how the top of the cowl is finished also. That gives me some good ideas! Thanks for posting.

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The windshield stanchions were a swap meet purchase probably twenty years ago at the Big three in San Diego. I remember vividly because I carried them all day along with an 18", 200lbs crescent wrench... They were made by a company at the height of high tech in the late eighties or early nineties, but the company's name escapes me right now. I am sure they are no longer around anyway.

The cowl top is another deal where I really can't give you much direction. He took an unidentified swap meet purchase dash, removed the windshield base from the cowl and posts and grafted the two together. I wish there was a step by step for this, but it really boils down to tack it all together and start from there....

Not very helpful, huh?

22. Beau

Beau

23. ukgav

ukgav

My new toy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  24. hfracing53

hfracing53

Modified body I started building last year . Now that the weather is starting to get a little warmer and snow is melting , it is time to get back at it .

Attached Files:

• 011a.jpg
      011a.jpg
      File size:
      402.3 KB
      Views:
    • 012a.jpg
      012a.jpg
      File size:
      470.2 KB
      Views:
    • 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      384.9 KB
      Views:
    kiwijeff likes this.
  25. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Interesting body mods... tell us more? Gary

26. This is my little T Modified i built a few years back in the UK when i was still living there,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just needs white walls on the front, an interior and little bit of finishing here and there, also the one missing tail light is installed since the photo was taken lol

charlie

exterminator likes this.
  27. hfracing53

hfracing53

Used a 34 Ford truck cowl , dash , floor , gas tank for seat riser , hood . Trimmed the top of the cowl off flat . Lowered the dash and sunk it into the cowl .Removed the A pillars and sunk them back into the cowl , to line up with the dash . Made inner and outer rock panels from scratch . Modified a pair of old A pillars , flipped backwards ,to use as B pillars . Some 1 inch tubing supports , a donor hood and fenders pieces , for the rear sheet metal . Narrowed the front of the hood to fit the modified 32 car grille shell . Used 38 Plymouth rear door pieces as a donor , to make the doors . A lot of small fab work to make the body lines flow together . Thanks for the interest , Scotty

Attached Files:

• 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      456.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  28. A Boner

A Boner

BA82FDF3-207B-4BFA-89B0-F0A97F3A0747.png Bump

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
    69thumper and kiwijeff like this.
  29. What motor is this?

30. Here is mine. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1399192380.062126.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1399192405.574647.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1399192426.909317.jpg