Register now to get rid of these ads!

My pictures simply won't load

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by ghostworks, Nov 16, 2013.

1. ghostworks

ghostworks

Ok when I first became a member I was able to load pictures well now it isn't the case it's been over year and two different computers including a I phone. I'm stumbed... What gives.

2. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

PICS TO BIG ? Gary

3. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

Do you use off site photo hosting?

I have used photobucket in the past and have had good results

dv

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. ghostworks

ghostworks

I'm gunna give that a shot

5. There's basically two different ways to share your photos on the HAMB, and I think it creates a bit of confusion sometimes. :(

The first way is to upload pics from your computer to the HAMB where Ryan hosts them on his servers. These photos are hosted "onsite". The pics appear as thumbnails in the forums and when you click on them you get an enlarged view of the picture. I think they're only viewable here and can't be linked to other websites.

The other method involves uploading your photos from your computer to an image hosting service, like Photobucket. These pics are then hosted "offsite". The offsite service stores and organizes your photos and generates various types of links which can be used to display your photos all over the web. You then copy the IMG links from the host site and paste them into your forum post. These are the larger images you see in the posts that don't have to be clicked on.

If you give us a little more detail of exactly what you're having trouble doing there's a better chance of helping you get it sorted out. :D

6. ghostworks

ghostworks

First off thanx for messaging me. The problem I'm having is simple I guess, I click on my album in my profile then click upload photos, it allows me to select a photo or photos and then I click the upload button it acts like it loading . About 20 seconds goes by and I get one of two message errors pop up saying that it failed or no security cookies were in place..

7. Get a free Photobucket account,,there is a little learning curve but it's extremely easy to use. HRP

8. daddio211

daddio211

A word of caution (discouragement?) about photobucket. Looking back on older entries here there are COUNTLESS threads missing photos, pictures that once worked but no longer do because of photobucket inactivity, too many views, owner forgot they were linked, or photobucket changed policies or moved the users photos.

This really sucks when you're in the midst of researching something technical and the photos are GONE! Please, for us members, post the photos here on the HAMB if at all possible! It keeps the integrity of the threads and posts!

My '27 T Roadster build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 734383

9. A lot of problems associated with missing photos has to do with members rearranging or moving the photos.

I don't move any of mine and somethings I have to look for them but as far as I know all my photos still show up. HRP

10. daddio211

daddio211

Good point HRP. PB does change policies and limit views though. I'm pretty sure they move things periodically too, which is why I never use my PB account when linking photos here. If I come across any broken links of yours I'll let you know.

My '27 T Roadster build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 734383

11. I don't upload many photos to be hosted onsite but I've never had any real problem doing so. Most of what I link here is hosted on Photobucket. That being said...

Are you sure the images you're uploading are JPEGs? The site will accept some other formats but JPEGs work best for photos and have generally smaller file sizes.

What size are the images you're uploading? 800x600 pixels? 1600x1200? 4000x3000? You may be fighting some size restrictions.

What kind of connection are you using? Dial-up, DSL or something faster? Are you uploading from your phone or a desktop computer?

What browser are you using? Certain browsers tend to do certain tasks better than others. When things get a bit sticky or sluggish when I'm using IE8 I usually have better luck switching over to Firefox.

12. ghostworks

ghostworks

Thanks for taking the time to reply. All I use is my Iphone album or my IMac's album that's it.. On most occasions I can't get it to work , but on the rare occasion it does work I can only get one or two photos to really load.

13. daddio211

daddio211

14. jimvette59

jimvette59

Please put things back to where it was. I was able to load pictures from my PC using Picasa with no problems. Please reset things so I a technologically handicapped old timer can do so. " Don't get around much any more ". jimvette59

15. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

I am also technically challenged. But here is my simple way to do it for a simple mind(mine). I take the pictures from my camera and download them to a file and then email them to myself. In doing this they become smaller. I then create a "smaller" file for these pictures and then browse that smaller file to insert pictures. It works great for the HAMB, Ford Barn and Craigslist. And they are on file for all these venues. I did have trouble once and did not realize that the camera was set with a larger setting and my son tuned it down for me. This has worked great for 6 years now. I also have them in the regular file for those that need pics emailed directly to them.

16. ashleyco

ashleyco
    from USA

Pics to big ?