Register now to get rid of these ads!

We Love Sedan Deliveries

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill McGuire, Sep 12, 2013.

1. I <3 those 53-54 Pontiac SW and SD tail lights. Some day I might own a pair, even if I don't have the car to go with them.

2. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Those rear corner bumpers are rubber,the doors are standard,where yours are coupe,if you look at the front fenders on the side[where it's scalloped,ours is curved,where yours comes to a point,hope this helps,Gaz!:D

droppedstepside likes this.
  3. More Mopars! 1935 Plymouth:

Attached Files:

Model T1 likes this.
  4. Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  5. That looks like a panel delivery to me (taller than a sedan delivery). :confused:

Model T1 likes this.
  6. Came across this on the Hemmings site. Evidently a very rare 1935 Dodge "windowed delivery", called a Suburban, that had roll-down side windows and sheet metal panels that could be fitted to convert it to a Commercial Sedan. Note that '35 Dodge Commercial Sedans used '34 passenger car front sheetmetal!
    [​IMG]

exterminator and Model T1 like this.
  7. slammed

slammed

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  8. Lee Bright has been in the east county of San Diego for mucho years. He did exhaust for me about thirty years ago and I think my uncle painted that delivery around that time.

9. IIRC his '29 A Sedan Delivery was very detailed as well, though not all that HAMB-friendly.

Did you, or your uncle, get any pictures of it?

10. thewaxhead

thewaxhead

I saw one of these today at a shop around the corner from mine in Sydney. The guy has put in a big block and making it 'street machine' as the Aussies call it... Big wheels, retro tech style interior- ashame really as apparently only 500 were made

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Thanks, good catch! Sort of amazing how such mistakes creep in, and frustrating, too.

12. My dad wore out a couple of these. I always admired the clean rear bodywork.

13. Probably not, keeping portfolios wasn't a big deal back then, before digital cameras. I think their shops were side by side off Prospect back then and they probably traded work.

BTW I am talking IF my uncle painted it, it would be the Chrome Yellow ... I would imagine Bob McCoy did the signage ... he had the market sewed up in the 70s-80s in that area.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  14. Wondering if anyone had more info on the Olds SD's.

15. slammed

slammed

There is a few that are based on the Poncho delivery.

16. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

17. slammed

slammed

18. slammed

slammed

19. thewaxhead

thewaxhead

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not sure if these have been posted. Found them on the net, or on the Hamb somewhere.

droppedstepside and Model T1 like this.
  20. ^^^Something looks out of proportioned on that car. Stretched maybe, I cant put my finger on it.

21. thewaxhead

thewaxhead

The rear looks like its laid over on an angle, stretched it appears!

22. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Its got some roof hight alterations.

23. Thanks for the expert info!

24. Thanks for the info on AU Falcon Deliveries. I used to go to Australia every year for the Gold Coast Indy car race and always enjoyed my time there. Car guy's paradise!

25. 1954 Plymouth; don't know if this is a conversion from a two-door wagon, but it looks cool:
    [​IMG]

26. koolkemp

koolkemp

Yes it is various articles during the build process were published in Old Autos an automotive newspaper here in Canada. The owner does a reg column in it.

27. Maybe a ambulance ?

28. raymay

raymay

Our old 37 Chevy Delivery. Bought it back in the 80's in Texas. Converted it into a window delivery and built it as a family cruiser. Sold it to a guy in Indiana and last I knew it ended up on the west coast and had a price tag of 60K which was kind of out of my range for buying this one back.

Attached Files:

Model T1 likes this.
  29. thewaxhead

thewaxhead

That Plymouth is gorgeous. The paint, stance and custom touches make it a mystery car- although on closer inspection the front wheel arches signal to mid 50s Plymouth. Nice find

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. 1929CDAN

1929CDAN

A great looking 55 chevy I seen this summer in Jackson Missouri at a car show.

jackson car show 2013 002.jpg

jackson car show 2013 003.jpg

Model T1 likes this.